Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 4, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,606 of 3,012
Wow guys, I just had an AMAZING experience. I just watched the pilot for Mr Robot on Youtube with the Titans. Not only a GREAT looking show, but the Titans made the experience even better with stunning audio. Crystal clear vocals, "moody" low end score for effect...what a blast!

In case anyone else might want to check it out: https://youtu.be/JpxvvnWvffM
cool show!

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,607 of 3,012
trying mine today.

sound is good but....

im going to keep wearing them but it seems im getting trouble not from the sound but from the shape of the iem itself. They feel like theyre rubbing a lot against the front little cartlidge "flap" of my ear. Not so much on my right ear but def my left ear, to the point where after 30 minutes i need to take them out for a second. ill give this a while to see if i get used to it or not.

I also tried all small ear tips and are flip flopping between the red ones (which are good for the right ear) and the tan? ones. though the right is ok i feel like the left (maybe bc of the outter ear piece bothering that flap) just seem a little too wide for the ear canal.
suggestions?

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,608 of 3,012
  anyone here with havi B3 pro 1 that can compare it to the dunu titan 1 ?

smily_headphones1.gif
Double Post. See Below:

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,609 of 3,012

smily_headphones1.gif
I had the Havis I sold them, along with My Sennheiser IE8s. I also have the Titans. They are now my Go Tos.....

For me It's the Titans by several light Years. Easily.

If You want better description Havis= Veiled, Ruler Flat Sennheiser type sound, decent soundstage width. Titans= AKG K7xx with lots of extra Bass when needed. Huge, open, airy. Basically a Party in your Ears.

Your experience may vary.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,610 of 3,012
  trying mine today.

sound is good but....

im going to keep wearing them but it seems im getting trouble not from the sound but from the shape of the iem itself. They feel like theyre rubbing a lot against the front little cartlidge "flap" of my ear. Not so much on my right ear but def my left ear, to the point where after 30 minutes i need to take them out for a second. ill give this a while to see if i get used to it or not.

I also tried all small ear tips and are flip flopping between the red ones (which are good for the right ear) and the tan? ones. though the right is ok i feel like the left (maybe bc of the outter ear piece bothering that flap) just seem a little too wide for the ear canal.
suggestions?

Thats a shame. I have issues too, but still insisting on using them because of the amazing sound quality.

You can always use them over the ear. Inverting channels.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,611 of 3,012
  trying mine today.

sound is good but....

suggestions?

See that's interesting and sort of what I was expecting..I think that part of why I like these so much is because it's like they were designed for my ears. Given that fact, I assumed that at some point someone would post on here who had the opposite effect, so thank for confirming my suspicions lol. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,613 of 3,012
I don't know why u guys claimed Titan 1 has wide soundstage at all. I find them quite narrow like many regular IEM on the market.

This statement contradicts most if not all the reviews I've read in addition to my own experience.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,615 of 3,012
I'd agree on not sounding as spacious as other, more larger sounding iems, so instead of saying they have a large head/sound stage, I'd call them open sounding instead. They don't sound boxed in with defined edges, if that makes sense.

I didn't find them particularly wide myself either but I also didn't find them narrow sounding. Fairly average in size but open ended, rather than boxy and confined.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,616 of 3,012
  trying mine today.

sound is good but....

suggestions?

I have this same exact problem with both ears. I ended up finding some small meelec tri-flange tips I had laying around, and cut off the 3rd flange because they inserted way too deep for comfort, and I also have pretty small ear canals. The modified bi-flange now keeps the Titans a bit outside the area of discomfort while still maintaining a good seal. This has resolved all my comfort issues, although I do have to shift them around a bit sometimes to get them in the optimum position. You can get a set of 3 for $10 from their site. I would look into something like this.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #1,617 of 3,012
I didn't find them particularly wide myself either but I also didn't find them narrow sounding. Fairly average in size but open ended, rather than boxy and confined.

QFT

Shane just described them exactly.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #1,618 of 3,012

That's what she said

(ooops, sorry, wrong thread)

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,619 of 3,012
I find them much less in my head/ears than other buds or iems. and they so far havnt put any sound pressure on my ears
cool.gif
. bass seems a little more heavily handed than my hfi780s but its not horrible, they are balanced in that nothing is burried. this is also with ~1 hour on them.

they feel a little nicer turned upside down but ehhh im not looking in doing that. if i cant get used to them over the next couple of days ill try some other tips to see if they help overall. If not i may have to send them back. a pity bc they sound good, close to what the hfi 780 sound is, like the details are very "crystal" theyre not veiled or knife sharp. this is also all on macbook btw, havnt tried it on anything else yet including my j3 which i usually use the EQ on.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,620 of 3,012
  I have this same exact problem with both ears. I ended up finding some small meelec tri-flange tips I had laying around, and cut off the 3rd flange because they inserted way too deep for comfort, and I also have pretty small ear canals. The modified bi-flange now keeps the Titans a bit outside the area of discomfort while still maintaining a good seal. This has resolved all my comfort issues, although I do have to shift them around a bit sometimes to get them in the optimum position. You can get a set of 3 for $10 from their site. I would look into something like this.

i can try this as well if i dont get accustomed to it, depth isnt a problem as they come with some pretty short tips. they seem too wide and maybe pushing the circumferance of my ear canal? also when i take them out they seem to be a little bit vertically oval shaped?

right now im experimenting with their positioning. in more, in less, tilted this way, turned that way. it helps a little but not much. never though i had a small ear anything especially bc im a bigger guy in most everything.

I guess ill also add that i find the left ear has much more bass and a little more presence than the right driver. maybe just imbalanced drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back