Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Apr 7, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #888 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Sometimes You Guys amaze me. Whod'da Thunk? My Titans arrived today about 1/2 Hr ago. In the Past I've went by positive reviews on several Headphones and so far the GR07 was the only pair I was not impressed with. BUT: You guys hit one out of the BallPark on these.... Take a Bow Gents.

First Impressions: WOW.  Came with the Medium (aqua) sonys on them had a listen, Fantastic. Tried the Large (blue), I need go no further they are PERFECT.

Got them from Big Bargain on Ebay. Ordered on the 28th, they are here In Michigan from Hong Kong on the 7th. 10 Days. Pretty fast dont'cha Think.

Well.... for those of you who believe in Burn in, they are off in the station for the next 200 hrs. or so intermittently. For those of you who don't believe in Burn in, THEY ARE GREAT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Another Happy Titan Club member.

Thanx Guys,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #889 of 3,012

Well these came and they are fantastic. Probably the best IEM I've ever heard although I haven't tried so many. So open and spacious yet it has such good bass impact and dynamics. No bass boominess, no trebly peaks and the mids are so right. Everything so just so balanced and right. It's like the IEM disappears and music just appears in your ears

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #890 of 3,012

Well these came and they are fantastic. Probably the best IEM I've ever heard although I haven't tried so many. So open and spacious yet it has such good bass impact and dynamics. No bass boominess, no trebly peaks and the mids are so right. Everything so just so balanced and right. It's like the IEM disappears and music just appears in your ears

Welcome to the Titan fan club/family!!!

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #891 of 3,012
I have been using mine for a few days now out of my Iphone 6 and find them quite underpowered to be honest.... they are lovely
and open but just not enough drive for me sadly. I have been using the Ostry KOC6 /A for the last 4 months.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #892 of 3,012

Welcome to the Titan fan club/family!!!

Thanks mate. I forgot to add the instrument separation in phenomenal. I'm enjoying this so much

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #893 of 3,012
  I have been using mine for a few days now out of my Iphone 6 and find them quite underpowered to be honest.... they are lovely
and open but just not enough drive for me sadly. I have been using the Ostry KOC6 /A for the last 4 months.

Any Iphone 6  users out there with the Titans? how are you finding them ?

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #894 of 3,012

Any Iphone 6  users out there with the Titans? how are you finding them ?

I haven't plugged mine into my iphone 5C yet but I've plugged it straight into the DX50 unamped and its still great. Less details, width and separation but more mid-bass sounds quite good for EDM. Might be bad synergy with the iphone 6

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #895 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
I gave mine a quick try yesterday through a Fiio X1 coupled to a Fiio Mont Blanc E12 and I can tell you with just a short impression that they kicked AS*!!!  Not a trace of underpowered there. I can't wait to try them with the X5 once they are burned in.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #897 of 3,012
Strange the volume level I am getting is what I get from a pair of 32 Ohm IEM not something rated as 16 and everyone has said is easy to drive!.....

Yes, that's indeed strange. Even my Z3compact (which has a notoriously low volume output) has enough power for them.....

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #898 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Did you happen to take a Multimeter and set it to resistance and actually measure how many ohms it may be drawing? I'm thinking you may have a bad driver or maybe even worse they could be wired (each earpiece) in series rather than in Parallel? Either way, if that is what it actually is, merits a replacement pair from the seller.

Just a wild guess, mind you. Does the player have a line out jack? It should be ungodly loud on the line out.

confused.gif
confused.gif
TWIN

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #899 of 3,012

The Titan1's are fairly easy to drive, but not as easy as the KC06A's. I just tried both off of my Samsung S5 and at around 87/100 the KC06A's were very loud, whereas the Titan1's were "loud enough". I could see some gizmos possibly not driving the Titan1's to their full potential. But man, do the Titan1's sound good!

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #900 of 3,012
I had a quick listen to these on the iPhone 5C and still bloody fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back