Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 31, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #857 of 3,012

deadhorse.gif
So You guys are saying that any mechanical or electrical device or machine doesn't require/ benefit from a break in period to achieve maximum efficiency? The drivers in ANY earphones are both mechanical/ electrical devices. I maintain that they require a break in period. This is not a placebo effect, IMHO. Just beating a dead horse here. Infact I believe I've seen some Graphs from Til? on this very thing.

Otherwise someone needs to tell Automobile Manufacturers that their break in period recommendations in their respective owner's manuals are total Hogwash....

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

In most situations, the units are tested for hours on end during the QA process. So if you're worried about that, then it will already be burned in.

EDIT: I'm done! 
biggrin.gif
deadhorse.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #859 of 3,012
I buy lots because I enjoy the different designs, features, etc. I enjoy looking at my iems as much as I enjoy listening to them.

Weirds my gf out, cause I'll sit there, pick one up, look at it for a while, listen to one song, then move on. I don't really run into the brain burn in effect because I'm always swapping between different sets. Hell, I usually bring four to five pairs with me to work everyday, each with a different signature. Good fun :3

Lol! Well, I don't really spend time looking at them, but your post makes me realize that I do enjoy different sound signatures... therefore:

Quote:

Actually, that is probably more of like "is there a better one out there? must buy moaaarrrr and find out!"

Whether it be "Boredom brain burn in" or "Must get the next best thing syndrome" or "I really enjoy different sound signatures".... it all equals "I've got a major problem" lol!

To all of my fellow head-fi addicts!
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #862 of 3,012
Apr 1, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #863 of 3,012
Mine is on order and due next week :smiley:

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #865 of 3,012
DUNU Titan 1 vs DN-1000. So this is a very interesting comparison.

The DN-1000 is definitely more refined in the bass and treble. Signature is much more musical yet very balanced. Bass is more tighter, faster and more punchy. Treble is more extended, the 10k peak is much higher, shimmer and air is really on point. It's revealing to bad sources and bad mastering. The sound is crisp and clean. Isolation is really good.
On the flip side, the mids seem leaner and more recessed. Soundstage is smaller and imaging seems a bit confused. Tracks that have a lot going on become a really big mess. Badly mastered tracks feel very congested.

The Titan 1 is the more enjoyable listen. To my ears these are more balanced and relaxed. Mids are richer, accurate and overall more natural. Treble is smoother and less fatiguing. Soundstage is much wider, and imaging and separation is really something special. I could paint a picture in my head for every track I listen to. Tracks never become muddled or congested.
On the other hand, the bass is less controlled, less punchy and have more mid bass but this warms up the rest of the signature which is also a positive in itself. They're less revealing but the better imaging means that elements lost in the muddled mess of the DN-1000 are present somewhere in the headspace and you can located every little sound if you listen hard enough. 

Whilst the Titans are less refined, they're ultimately more balanced and more articulate with complex tracks. So I'd prefer the Titans any time of the day.

Cheers!!  
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #866 of 3,012
Wow, thanks for that comparison! That was exactly what I wanted to hear :) I was listening to the titans tonight and all those elements you mentioned really stood out as extremely special.

Desire for dn1000... Gone...

One of those very rare moments on head-fi

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #867 of 3,012
Wow, thanks for that comparison! That was exactly what I wanted to hear :) I was listening to the titans tonight and all those elements you mentioned really stood out as extremely special.

Desire for dn1000... Gone...

One of those very rare moments on head-fi

DUNU has gone a long way from the DN-1000 to the Titan 1. They're really pushing the boundaries with innovation and style. You can tell this by looking at the 2. The Titans look much more refined in design, but both are built like a tank and are very attractive. The Titan 1 is really something special. This is one IEM that I'm going to keep for a very long time.

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #868 of 3,012
DUNU has gone a long way from the DN-1000 to the Titan 1. They're really pushing the boundaries with innovation and style. You can tell this by looking at the 2. The Titans look much more refined in design, but both are built like a tank and are very attractive. The Titan 1 is really something special. This is one IEM that I'm going to keep for a very long time.

They really are. One thing I am loving is that it is even more engaging as the volume goes up. Cranking buble on the way home and cry me a river was such a great experience. I have been listening to music at a reasonable volume for a while so putting the volume up was a real treat

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #869 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
DJ---THIS comparison I'm really interested in. I needed a Fair, objective, un-biased comparison. If any Others have both the 1000 and 2000, other than the thread all ready done, please chime in about these as well with your own views. Far too many posts compare different IEMs on a Price perspective or value for your $$$$. I'd like to hear some more REGARDLESS of price per unit comparisons, like DJ's.

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #870 of 3,012
  DUNU Titan 1 vs DN-1000. So this is a very interesting comparison.

The DN-1000 is definitely more refined in the bass and treble. Signature is much more musical yet very balanced. Bass is more tighter, faster and more punchy. Treble is more extended, the 10k peak is much higher, shimmer and air is really on point. It's revealing to bad sources and bad mastering. The sound is crisp and clean. Isolation is really good.
On the flip side, the mids seem leaner and more recessed. Soundstage is smaller and imaging seems a bit confused. Tracks that have a lot going on become a really big mess. Badly mastered tracks feel very congested.

The Titan 1 is the more enjoyable listen. To my ears these are more balanced and relaxed. Mids are richer, accurate and overall more natural. Treble is smoother and less fatiguing. Soundstage is much wider, and imaging and separation is really something special. I could paint a picture in my head for every track I listen to. Tracks never become muddled or congested.
On the other hand, the bass is less controlled, less punchy and have more mid bass but this warms up the rest of the signature which is also a positive in itself. They're less revealing but the better imaging means that elements lost in the muddled mess of the DN-1000 are present somewhere in the headspace and you can located every little sound if you listen hard enough. 

Whilst the Titans are less refined, they're ultimately more balanced and more articulate with complex tracks. So I'd prefer the Titans any time of the day.

Cheers!!  
beerchug.gif

Cool. These are sounding more like my Senn IE8's all the time.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back