Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #826 of 3,012
  I'm not sure I have these for the same purpose as everyone else, but I've found the Titan 1s to be perfect for me.  I got these specifically because I want to be aware of my surroundings while I'm out exercising, but still enjoy the music.  In that regard, they work perfectly.  I take them out for walks, bikes, and hikes.

Originally, I listened to these off my ipod and I found the mids were hidden behind everything else. I found moving to the hybrid tips and switching to the Fiio X1 seemed to take the mids out from behind their veil and actually let me hear them, without needing EQ. Now, I couldn't be happier.  The bass is clearly center stage, but the mids are present enough not to trouble my listening experience, and its bright enough for me to get energized listening to rock and metal without fatiguing me.

Easily worth the money, and worth well more, to me,than the current Massdrop has them for.

+1. They already are my favoured gym iems. Even though they don't have super isolation, they have enough. And once the music and bass is flowing through them, outside distractions are minimized. They will for sure be my walking, biking a hiking iems for the reasons you mentioned, and also because of their small size and ability to stay in the ears.

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #828 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx for the info Guys. Hey B9, that mix is pretty spacey stuff. I like that. I'm downloading on MP3 Boom now.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #829 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Here's one I really like on phones. The whole album is great. You can't tell by youtube playback, but the recording is suprisingly good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojA2igO6iDs

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #830 of 3,012

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx for the info Guys. Hey B9, that mix is pretty spacey stuff. I like that. I'm downloading on MP3 Boom now.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Woot! Glad you like it. The Titan's spacious soundstage sure takes advantage of the mix nicely.

Been a/bing the Titan with a few of my other favorite iems....hard to listen to the VSD3 after. They sound off...bass feels too slow to keep up with everything else. The HA-FXT90 still sound great, although lacking a touch of sub-bass. My two fav KZs, Micro Ring and ANV, hold up surprisingly well especially given the price difference, so no complaints there. The AS800AP...god these things are great too.

**Edit: Nice link. Not normally my sorta jam, but I like it. Thanks!**

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #831 of 3,012

Thirdly, what kind of Burn-in time do you think is good and has anyone used Complys on these yet? I did my Senns 350+ hrs. so I'm fairly patient.....

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

I've loved the Titan since I got them with the stock tips, but recently put on a set of Comply T-200 Isolation, and I think they sound great.  To my ears, a little more bass, and clearer highs, but that could also be partly due to increased burn-in (if you believe in that kind of thing).  I've probably put about 60 hours on mine.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #833 of 3,012
Mar 30, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #834 of 3,012
I have done 160 hours burn in + a fair number of listening time - not sure if they will get better but they just sound . . . right
I wish I could fault them but I only have one
- when listening through audiophile quality equipment + Hi Res audio they can't quite handle the [not sure of right word] resolution, accuracy?
Not in a bad way, they still sound amazing but for a super critical Audiophile listening session I would go elsewhere...although that isn't often !
On mp3, 16/44 files they shine exceptionally well 

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #836 of 3,012
  DUNU themselves told me there would be little to no change with burn in with the type of driver it is.  That is always good to know.

Thanks.  I've never noticed any difference, and some of the tales of 100+ hours have been ...... "entertaining"

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #837 of 3,012

Thanks.  I've never noticed any difference, and some of the tales of 100+ hours have been ...... "entertaining"

EXPLAIN: Which TALES are entertaining for you?

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #838 of 3,012
Oh - the idea that any IEM requires massive amounts of burn-in (and will change massively with physical burn-in), especially the ones that take "100s of hours".

B3 Pro1 was a classic.  I had two with me.  One was brand new.  The other was well broken in - lets call it at least 100 hours plus.

Apart from a bit of channel imbalance - no difference in tonality.  The night and day stuff people talk about on here is - lets say - amusing.  I've stopped trying to dissuade people.  They will hear what they think/want to think they hear.  If it gives them comfort - who am I to spoil their fun.

The idea that anyone with a single IEM 100's of hours apart can remember the original sound, and compare it to the "adjusted" sound, and notice a difference - outside the fact that their brain has found a way to compensate for what they are hearing .... lets just say I remain unconvinced.  Evidently so do the experts at Shure, and I'm guessing most of the other major manufacturers.  We're not talking about a full sized speaker - with a spider that definitely "breaks in" mechanically.  We're talking about an itty-bitty dynamic or BA driver.

Lets just say that no matter which way you look at it - its not going to be actually audible (especially as in "night and day").

Or it could be that my ears are tin / cloth / broken (I've heard all the descriptors).  In the end it isn't worth debating.  But I can still find it amusing 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back