Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 25, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #812 of 3,012
The ebay seller bigbargainonline told me he is also penon audio store one and the same. I have purchased from bigbargainonline using ebay a couple of times now.

Yup, they are a good and trusted seller. $99US + $16 shipping, so $115US - not bad at all. I don't think massdrop charges shipping within the U.S., so $115US versus $89US for a savings of $26 with massdrop. The negatives of massdrop is that you have to wait longer to get them (although I'm not sure how quickly they would get shipped with bibgargainonline).

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #815 of 3,012
How about Titan compared to X10?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331410766467?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26ghostText%3D%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D331410766467%26_rdc%3D1&rmvSB=true

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #816 of 3,012
X10s have a lot of sub-bass/mid-bass and warm vocals. I also remember them to have a thicker sound and a slight treble roll-off. 
While the X10s are definitely for smooth and non-fatiguing listening, the Titans are more about getting the details and speed thru. The tonality of the Titans are also a bit more satisfying across the spectrum. I think sheer sound quality alone, they are the same. 

The X10 has more isolation and sit deep in-ear, providing good levels of comfort but the cables can be at times bothering. 
The Titans are comfortable to me but their small spike around 8.5 to 11 Khz can be fatiguing. 

It really comes down to what kinda sound are you looking for.... if its EDM and slow music, I would actually go for the X10s while if it's jazz, rock or blues where timbre and speed might be of importance, the Titans shine.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #817 of 3,012
  X10s have a lot of sub-bass/mid-bass and warm vocals. I also remember them to have a thicker sound and a slight treble roll-off. 
While the X10s are definitely for smooth and non-fatiguing listening, the Titans are more about getting the details and speed thru. The tonality of the Titans are also a bit more satisfying across the spectrum. I think sheer sound quality alone, they are the same. 

The X10 has more isolation and sit deep in-ear, providing good levels of comfort but the cables can be at times bothering. 
The Titans are comfortable to me but their small spike around 8.5 to 11 Khz can be fatiguing. 

It really comes down to what kinda sound are you looking for.... if its EDM and slow music, I would actually go for the X10s while if it's jazz, rock or blues where timbre and speed might be of importance, the Titans shine.

Thanks! How about classical music, orchestra? How about soundstage, imaging? Thanks!

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #819 of 3,012

Thanks! How about classical music, orchestra? How about soundstage, imaging? Thanks!

All to Dunu's. The stage is much bigger and wider in the Titans. But limited front to back.

On the other hand the Klipsch sound narrower in width but make up for an intimate stage, filling it with a more front to back spatial presentation.

I would suggest the Yamaha EPH 100 or JVC FXT 90 over the Klipsch but the Titan's do well of course.

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #820 of 3,012

All to Dunu's. The stage is much bigger and wider in the Titans. But limited front to back.

On the other hand the Klipsch sound narrower in width but make up for an intimate stage, filling it with a more front to back spatial presentation.

I would suggest the Yamaha EPH 100 or JVC FXT 90 over the Klipsch but the Titan's do well of course.

I see. Appreciate for the information. :)

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #821 of 3,012
Don't know if anyone else will feel the same, I've found I needed to add an external amp to the x5 to get bass response where I wanted it. I usually swap between zero low end gain and level 1 (fiio e11) with most headphones. The titans really don't have the low end I was looking for without level 1. Now this is only when playing music where you might assume bass is wanted. Ie, edm or rock. Jazz, classical, prog... they all benifit from the flat sound the titans typically have.

I've about 15 hours burnt in so far. Treble has mellowed out as others have said, though is sprerty analytical. Symbols get a bit bell sounding with badly mastered songs (all my stuff is 16/44 or better) to the point I can't listen to some songs for long.

I do want to try some new tips and see what it does, another expense not needed yet.

This isn't an official second impression. Needs more burn time and detected time for me to get that out.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #822 of 3,012
I'm not sure I have these for the same purpose as everyone else, but I've found the Titan 1s to be perfect for me.  I got these specifically because I want to be aware of my surroundings while I'm out exercising, but still enjoy the music.  In that regard, they work perfectly.  I take them out for walks, bikes, and hikes.

Originally, I listened to these off my ipod and I found the mids were hidden behind everything else. I found moving to the hybrid tips and switching to the Fiio X1 seemed to take the mids out from behind their veil and actually let me hear them, without needing EQ. Now, I couldn't be happier.  The bass is clearly center stage, but the mids are present enough not to trouble my listening experience, and its bright enough for me to get energized listening to rock and metal without fatiguing me.

Easily worth the money, and worth well more, to me,than the current Massdrop has them for.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #823 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
Hi Guys. I just ordered a pair Last night from Big Bargain whom I have dealt with on Ebay more than a few times. Great seller BTW. I have a couple questions concerning the Titans. I notice that on most reviews and sellers sites, that the frequency response is listed as 20Hz to 30kHz. HOWEVER, on Dunu's Products website, it is listed as 10Hz to 30kHz. Not that it is important but I was just curious which is correct. I doubt seriously at my age I can hear down to 20 Hz anyways.

Secondly, I know this is a fairly new 'phone but has anyone experimented with a "Tape Mod" (ala IE8) to see if closing off some or all of the venting holes has an Impact on the sound?

Thirdly, what kind of Burn-in time do you think is good and has anyone used Complys on these yet? I did my Senns 350+ hrs. so I'm fairly patient.....

I'm really looking forward to getting these, and Yes, I'm very much a proponent of Burn-in, from a mechanical standpoint it makes absolute sense. You have to Burn in Paper cone Speakers, Electronics and Car engines and Transmissions don't you? I don't believe for a second that it is ear or mental adjustment to the tonality.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #825 of 3,012
TwinACStacks ........ The comply 200 series seem to fit the titans. I went to my local radioshack and got the cheap 200s comply. The number of hours of burn in recommended is 200 hrs. I didnt personally hear much difference beyond 150 hrs. I do have some hearing loss also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back