Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #796 of 3,012

After trying different ones. I think I prefer them without anyone of the rings. The slight discomfort doesn't take away how good the Titans sound. 

Are you using those red core stock tips? Those are the ones I keep going back to.

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #797 of 3,012

Are you using those red core stock tips? Those are the ones I keep going back to.

Yes. I have literally tried every tip I own and the small red core Sony Hybrid clones are by far the best fit, comfort and stability. I don't get how they work so well, they look flimsy, but they're like magic!

Using the "rings" from the Alpha 1 helps with the isolation but it covers up the vents and ultimately takes away from the core sound signature of the Titans. I think them being so open is what makes them sound so good. DUNU have done a great job to make it what it is now. I don't think there will be any "mods" to improve how these sound. They're perfect as is.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #798 of 3,012

Yes. I have literally tried every tip I own and the small red core Sony Hybrid clones are by far the best fit, comfort and stability. I don't get how they work so well, they look flimsy, but they're like magic!

Using the "rings" from the Alpha 1 helps with the isolation but it covers up the vents and ultimately takes away from the core sound signature of the Titans. I think them being so open is what makes them sound so good. DUNU have done a great job to make it what it is now. I don't think there will be any "mods" to improve how these sound. They're perfect as is.

Have you tried triple flanges? It brings Titan 1 to a next level, 'Reference Sound Quality' IEM 
wink_face.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #800 of 3,012

Have you tried triple flanges? It brings Titan 1 to a next level, 'Reference Sound Quality' IEM 
wink_face.gif

Yes. Those were the worst in stability.

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #801 of 3,012
Yes. Those were the worst in stability.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but the Comply TX200's offer a great seal, better isolation and take the sonics to a remarkable level. The Titans are my iems of choice for working out, they don't budge.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #804 of 3,012
Hate to sound like a broken record, but the Comply TX200's offer a great seal, better isolation and take the sonics to a remarkable level. The Titans are my iems of choice for working out, they don't budge.

No a fan of foam tips. They make everything sound dark and muffled. Nonetheless, I have tried the Comply tips that I own and same story, the earpieces fall out after some time. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #805 of 3,012
I've been thinking about sending my Dunu Titan on tour around Australia, if there are any members wanting to hear them let me know.

Its not a 'main event' tour, just something casual, maybe 3-4 members.

You would be required to post impressions here in exchange for 7 days with them (and photos, because I like photos)

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #806 of 3,012
These are back on MassDrop. I really want to know what the fuss is about. $89.99 + shipping is pretty good, but damn CA tax! Would these be a worthwhile addition or blow my mind if I already have the Tenore and GR07 BE? Also already had the DN1000 and A83.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #807 of 3,012
you can get them for $99 with free shipping on the bay and not wait the massdrop wait times.  based on what ive read here, they are up there with the gr07 and dn1000 and exceed the tenore.  i'm sure someone who has heard all of them will chime in.  but i'm guessing they won't blow your mind in sq compared to the gr07be and dn1000, but keep in mind they are almost half the price of those.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #809 of 3,012
just type in "Dunu Titan" and they show up on top. $99 from Hong Kong. I'm just not comfortable ordering from ebay cause not sure if get fakes or not, but many headfi'ers have purchased ebay with a fine product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back