Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Apr 1, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #871 of 3,012
By all means I don't want to discredit the DN-1000s. They are really great too. If you prefer a more revealing and brighter signature then they will be a great IEM for you. But for me, the Titans are a better match for my preferences. I always look out for neutrality, soundstage and imaging, the rest is a bonus.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #872 of 3,012
My experience with the Titan and DN1000 were different. I found the DN1000 to sound larger in all dimensions with the Titan having much more recessed vocals and sounding overall further away in presentation. While the DN1000 is overall brighter, I found its treble less aggressive and forward; most likely due to any peaks being higher up the frequency response for the DN1000. The DN1000 was also more revealing of low level detail. This was with comply TS tips on the DN1000. YMMV.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #873 of 3,012
  In other news, my Titan are on their way to @nehcrow for a one-week demo, he's going to share some thoughts with us. I'm still open to other Australian members who want to take them for a spin. There's no real requirements in return, just your thoughts brief impressions.

You seem to love the Tenore.  Which do you prefer between Tenore and Titan 1 and what type of music?

Wayne's World also has both (and Duoza) and prefers Titan 1, but likes all three.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #874 of 3,012
You seem to love the Tenore.  Which do you prefer between Tenore and Titan 1 and what type of music?

Wayne's World also has both (and Duoza) and prefers Titan 1, but likes all three.

I feel Titan is probably the more matured IEM in tuning and fine polishing those last pieces, but Tenore are very skilled IEM for thier price. If I had to choose one for a long time I'd probably take the Tenore at this point in time. Just because it's signature is a bit cleaner and fitted to my preferences.

Mostly acoustic, indie, jazz, some ambient tracks. I really think judging Tenore is quite a mixed bag of jelly beans due to the QC problems and it's not very reassuring for the consumer.

If I was going to purchase an IEM for a friend I'd pick Titan without even thinking due to the superior build, packaging, design and presentation.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #875 of 3,012
Titan 1 in the house! 

Preliminary impressions A/Bing against the Altone200:
Kind of similar tonal balance, with the Titans being more neutral.
Titan's have a chill, laid back sound whilst still being energetic and fun. Slightly pulled back compared to the more upfront, very aggressive Altone200's.
Bass extension on the Altone200's is better. Titans rolls off towards the very low freqs., just a by-product of the earbud design.
Sibilance is about equal, they both have a tendency to reveal sibilance.
Wider soundstage, less deeper? I think. Judging soundstage is a difficult task, highly dependant on tracks and what music you listen to imo. I think the ear-bud styled design has a lot to do with the soundstage/imaging.
Imaging is actually very good, I'd say equal to the Titans.
I think they are equally resolving, slightly better detail retrieval on Altone200 but the Titan 1's are very, very good for the price though.
Tentative conclusion: Altone200 = aggressive, impactful. Titan 1's = laidback and dynamic at the same time :)
I will post more impressions (or a full review depending on schedule) as I listen to them more.

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #877 of 3,012
These things leak sound like a mofo. Got told to turn them down at the library. Granted, I had just come from the gym(still sweating), and hadn't yet turn the volume down to account for the quieter environment, but still. I mean, crap. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

Aside from that they're a lot smaller than I expected. "Half in-ear", huh? These go in just as far for me as the GR07 and other shallow-fit IEMs. Not quite as spacious sounding as the VSD5 but very nice nonetheless. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #879 of 3,012
Can someone kindly tell me their impressions on how these sound in comparisson to  HiFiman RE-600 Songbird IEM.
Im looking for set of IEMs to replace my Grado gr10.
In the reviews the RE-600's seem they might be quite  similar to the Titan 1's in which case I would be very tempted to buy them as I love the Titan 1's...but want a bit more of an 'authoritive' 'audiophilic' sound . . . if that makes sense! :)
thanks

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #880 of 3,012
  Can someone kindly tell me their impressions on how these sound in comparisson to  HiFiman RE-600 Songbird IEM.
In the reviews the RE-600's seem they might be quite  similar to the Titan 1's in which case I would be very tempted to buy them as I love the Titan 1's...but want a bit more of an 'authoritive' 'audiophilic' sound . . . if that makes sense! :)
thanks

Not similar at all imo, the Titans are a lot brighter than the RE600. I had to mod my RE600 to coax more treble out of them, but the highs are still more polite than on the Titans.

No Titans, but here's a short comparison between six IEMs that includes the GR10 and RE600. Maybe it can help you to decide whether the RE600 are for you.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #881 of 3,012

thanks

Not similar at all imo, the Titans are a lot brighter than the RE600. I had to mod my RE600 to coax more treble out of them, but the highs are still more polite than on the Titans.

No Titans, but here's a short comparison between six IEMs that includes the GR10 and RE600. Maybe it can help you to decide whether the RE600 are for you.

Thanks for the reply James, really appreciate it

>> Any thoughts on similar sounding IEMs to the the titans?

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #882 of 3,012

Thanks for the reply James, really appreciate it

>> Any thoughts on similar sounding IEMs to the the titans?

Trinity Delta sounds quite similar in many ways.

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #883 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
My pair of Titans just left the Post in San Francisco on 4/3. Should be here in about 3 Days, (Mon. or Tues) You guys have me WAY psyched  on these headphones. I have a pair of IE8's with over 500 hrs on them, to A/B them with. No sense Playing around. Put them right up against some big boys. What should I expect realistically? I also have to admit I'm intrigued about the ATH-IM 50's, AND I'm waiting patiently for the TTPOD T2 PROS, (with the same drivers as the AKG 3003), to be released. They tell me April on those, so it should be SOON. I REALLY need to stop reading all these reviews I get G.A.S. real easy...

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #884 of 3,012
  I'm hearing slight grain with the Titan 1's, they aren't supremely clean like the Altone200's but omg the instrument seperation is fantastic.

These things leak sound like a mofo. Got told to turn them down at the library. Granted, I had just come from the gym(still sweating), and hadn't yet turn the volume down to account for the quieter environment, but still. I mean, crap. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

Aside from that they're a lot smaller than I expected. "Half in-ear", huh? These go in just as far for me as the GR07 and other shallow-fit IEMs. Not quite as spacious sounding as the VSD5 but very nice nonetheless. 

How would you compare the Titan to the VSD5? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back