DUNU releases EST 112, a triple hybrid in-ear with dual electrostatic tweeters
Apr 1, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #91 of 296
The 112 is a chonky boi lol
It is probably one of Dunu´s biggest iem, but in terms of the entire market it isnt that big though. Stuff like the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the Audiosense T800 are a lot bigger, they feel like they are expanding my ears when I use them. :joy:

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #94 of 296
IDK ever since DUNU started teasing these at different headphone Expo's I had developed an interest in these as my first HiFi IEM was DK-3001 Pro. I even pre-ordered these on 27th itself and now awaiting delivery(shipping takes time from China to India nowadays). Can't wait!!

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #95 of 296
I have received the EST112 from Dunu last Friday, and it’s on my hand for a week now. I would like to shout out to Kevin and Tom for sending it over and given me a lot of information regarding to how they mange the tuning, design...

Firstly, the unboxing experience and the build quality are in top tier levels! The cable and IEMs are both well build and looks stunning, there are also bunch of accessories and ear tips.

Moving on to the sound, the tonality is well balanced with mildly U shape/ neutral with sub bass boost profile. (Some may find the upper midrange and treble are more emphasis than rest of ranges, but for me the EST112 hits the sweet spot.)
The bass is on the light side present in the clean manner, with fast and well controlled transition, there are good levels of depth as well.
The midrange is clear and smooth, there are fair amount of bodies and lushness on lower midrange.The upper midrange are slightly forwarded than the lower midrange, it is presented in highly transparent yet lively manner.
The treble range on the EST112 is the most strong part of it. The treble sound vividly yet silky, and presented in the smooth manner. There are good amount of the crisp and brightness produce by the BA driver, while the EST driver provided the glossy and extremely transparent treble that BA driver can not be handled

The soundstage are really really wide and feel spacious, while the depth is also above the average. The imaging are 3D holographic!

The EST112 are definitely the deal breaker for tribird IEMs, and the performance is way above its price!! Will post more photos here, and the review is coming soon!

0789EDD5-6D22-4C7B-AB9E-4DC2E9B45D6C.jpeg
Hello friend,

By any means have you tried FiiO FD5, Dunu DK-3001 Pro, or Moondrop Blessing 2? I want to know how the EST112 competes against them. This is going to be my first ever EST driver IEM haha so kind of excited.

Thanks

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #98 of 296
Apr 1, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #99 of 296
The EST 112 is passing all stress tests with flying colors. Now it is "Mahler" approved!
Can you list your stress test tracks please?

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #103 of 296
When compared to LZ A7 and Fiio FD5? How is it and which would you choose? Is it an upgrade over the A7 in terms of detail, clarity, soundstage and overall performance? 😊
1617462214717.png

The EST112 is actually superior in detail, clarity and overall performance. The soundstage is tied and they are similarly airy, which is very impressive since it looks like the upper-treble is more elevated on the FD5 in the graph compared to the EST112. Guess the EST is working hard lol.

The only reason why I would recommend the FD5 over the EST112 (besides price difference) is if you want a bassier iem, then the FD5 will probably be more to your liking. But the EST112 is a better tuned and more versatile iem.

1617463744899.png

Compared with the A7 (pop-red) and the EST112 is beating it on all factors. Bass actually sounds a bit bloated on the A7 in comparison. A7 is only better if you want a relaxing and fun iem (bigger bass).

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #104 of 296

The EST112 is actually superior in detail, clarity and overall performance. The soundstage is tied and they are similarly airy, which is very impressive since it looks like the upper-treble is more elevated on the FD5 in the graph compared to the EST112. Guess the EST is working hard lol.

The only reason why I would recommend the FD5 over the EST112 (besides price difference) is if you want a bassier iem, then the FD5 will probably be more to your liking. But the EST112 is a better tuned and more versatile iem.

Compared with the A7 (pop-red) and the EST112 is beating it on all factors. Bass actually sounds a bit bloated on the A7 in comparison. A7 is only better if you want a relaxing and fun iem (bigger bass).
Reflects exactly my own opinion.
For a more visceral experience and bass genres lovers the FD5 is better choice.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #105 of 296
Honestly, I might need to create S+ and S- rankings due to this lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back