Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #61 of 163
Wait so the Falcon-C mmcx port does have issues or what?

I own Falcon-C about month and half, use almost everyday, no problem with MMXC so far.
My piece has very tight MMCX connectors, it is quite hard to change the cable, so i do it not often. All of that makes me think these MMCX ports will live forever with such attitude.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #62 of 163
Dunu asked me to not post impressions until the burn-in is done, and they adviced 200 hours of burn-in. I always respect companies advice.

So far, and I'm very early in the burn-in process, but Falcon-C comapred to DK-3001 has more of a V-shaped signature, with more treble and bass amounts. They also bring the details more forward, where DK-3001 is more relaxing. Those are early impressions without burn-in, but might be good to have so you know what to expect with burn-in as sonic changes go.

Now this won't change with burn-in, but the comfort is different. DK-3001 was maybe hit and miss with comfort? Well Falcon-C is an angelic IEM at the comfort level, it is so extremely ergonomic and well made, I didn't even need more than a second with the included spinfit tips, and even the tips that are not spinfit, Falcon-C just sits in your ears. It is really really well thought.

Now, Falcon-C leaks a bit of sound, but amazingly, while music is playing, they somehow isolate. My girl was shouting at me, and I didn't hear a thing while I was wearing Falcon-C today, but I do think they are open, from the design.

The cable is also really really nice. Like beautiful braided cable which looks and feels very high quality.
Comparison with IT01 after burn in perhaps? :wink:

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #64 of 163
Jan 29, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #66 of 163
Not quite what I said, I said they are not recessed, but also not intimate, just well placed.

Oh, reading it again, it surely makes sense now!

I agree, I don't think that they are recessed, but they aren't narrow or intimate either! they have a nice airy sound with enough space for you to hear certian effects!

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #67 of 163
I'm very pleased with my Falcon-C (previously DN-2000J) : DEFINITELY ENGAGING AND MUSCAL !
Depp bass impact, vocals not thin or distant, energic trebble : mids are not recessed and trebble are not bright or harsh (as some say)
Falcon-C and Dunu IEMs in general punch WELL ABOVE their price.

I previously had Earsonics S-EM6 V2 (1000 EUR, neutral but a bit boring, vocals however were superb) and Earsonics Velvet V2 (700 EUR, more musical then S-EM6 but mids too thin or distant).
Also the fit of Earsonics is a pain compared to Dunu : it take time to adjust otherwise it ruins the sound experience.

To finish, which headphone do you recommend that would be as much enjoying as Dunu IEMs ?
From my search it seems that B&W P9 would be really something to consider (I initially focused on Beyer T5p 2nd gen but I'm really not sure for them regarding some user reviews : lifeless for some reviewers)

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #68 of 163
I'm very pleased with my Falcon-C (previously DN-2000J) : DEFINITELY ENGAGING AND MUSCAL !
Depp bass impact, vocals not thin or distant, energic trebble : mids are not recessed and trebble are not bright or harsh (as some say)
Falcon-C and Dunu IEMs in general punch WELL ABOVE their price.

I previously had Earsonics S-EM6 V2 (1000 EUR, neutral but a bit boring, vocals however were superb) and Earsonics Velvet V2 (700 EUR, more musical then S-EM6 but mids too thin or distant).
Also the fit of Earsonics is a pain compared to Dunu : it take time to adjust otherwise it ruins the sound experience.

To finish, which headphone do you recommend that would be as much enjoying as Dunu IEMs ?
From my search it seems that B&W P9 would be really something to consider (I initially focused on Beyer T5p 2nd gen but I'm really not sure for them regarding some user reviews : lifeless for some reviewers)

How would you compare your Falcon-C compared to your dn2000j? I ordered the falcon C and I’m going from the dn2000 to it.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #69 of 163
I don't have 2000J anymore, but from memory I would say that Falcon is a bit like 2000J without its harsh trebble

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #71 of 163
Just gotten the Falcon-C recently and now burning it in. So far it sounded very good out of the box, especially the bass and sub-bass. There is also very good treble decay effect as well. It sounded very promising as to what potential improvement there could be after burn-in.

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #72 of 163
I want these. And they look really nice. I am a fan of carbon nano tubes thet bave great bass response and are fun to listen to.

At $200 price point what are it’s competition?

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #73 of 163
I want these. And they look really nice. I am a fan of carbon nano tubes thet bave great bass response and are fun to listen to.

At $200 price point what are it’s competition?

Well, there are a few things that I would consider directly competitive.
The LZ A4 is $200 and has a similar v-shaped sound.
The Mee x Massdrop Pinnacle PX is $115, and a fantastic value. For $200, you can get the better made original version.
Whizzer A15 for $45 on Amazon for an excellent value and a v-shaped sound.
TFZ Series 5S for $65 bucks if you look around. Excellent bass cannons for the price.

Other great options around the price-point:
LZ A5 for $270.
Alclair Curve for $250. More lush and warm than v-shaped.
Brainwavz B400 for $200ish depending on options.
1More Quad Driver for $140 to $200, depending on sales. This may be not fit your sound preferences, however.
iBasso IT03 for $250 to $260.
Periodic Audio Be for $200 (if you get B-stock from their site).

Hope that helps. $200 to $300 is a very competitive price range with many outstanding options.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #74 of 163
You forgot Vsonic Ares which is also a $199 carbon nanotube powered earphone. :)

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #75 of 163
You forgot Vsonic Ares which is also a $199 carbon nanotube powered earphone. :)

I forgot the Audeze iSine LX for $200, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back