Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Mar 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #92 of 163
How would you say it compares to the Ie800 and Xelento?

Falcon-C?

As a signature, maybe a bit similar to IE800 :) IE800 has more of an emphasis higer up top, with more higher treble, so it sounds more glimmery, where Falcon-C has its peak a bit lower, so it comes as a bit more forward and a bit more metallic in sound.

Compared to Xelento, it is amazingly different, Xelento is a really smooth IEM with a romantic sound where Falcon-C is really upbeat and energetic, they are at opposite sides of the sonic signature thingy :)

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #93 of 163
Falcon-C?

As a signature, maybe a bit similar to IE800 :) IE800 has more of an emphasis higer up top, with more higher treble, so it sounds more glimmery, where Falcon-C has its peak a bit lower, so it comes as a bit more forward and a bit more metallic in sound.

Compared to Xelento, it is amazingly different, Xelento is a really smooth IEM with a romantic sound where Falcon-C is really upbeat and energetic, they are at opposite sides of the sonic signature thingy :)
I've listened to the Ie800 and remember liking them a fair bit, what I was impressed with was the soundstage, out of the Falcon C and Ie800 which has the clearer sound overall?

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #94 of 163
I've listened to the Ie800 and remember liking them a fair bit, what I was impressed with was the soundstage, out of the Falcon C and Ie800 which has the clearer sound overall?
IE800, but please keep in mind, IE800 is around 3-4 times as expensive :)

The soundstage is rather large on Falcon-C, but on IE800 , I'd bet that it wasn't the soundstage as much as the instrument separation that dazzles one. Here, Falcon-C is fairly good!

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #95 of 163
I managed to take some cool photos of Dunu Falcon-C during my review on Cayin N5ii :)

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_76.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_106.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_107.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_108.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_109.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_110.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_111.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_112.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_124.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_125.jpg

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #98 of 163
There is pretty cool deal going right now for Falcon-C + optional balance cable at Dunu Authorised Store at aliexpress.
With few small discount coupons this deal could be even better, about $200 for both items.

WOAH, that is amazing!~

Falcon-C is still a favorite pick at 220$, but if you can get it at 200$, and also balanced cables for it, that would be extremely sweet!

Apr 26, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #101 of 163
Would you say the IMRs are worth the extra money?

The sound is quite different between the two and so is the comfort. Falcon-C is slightly more comfortable.

The sound is customizable on IMR R1 and you can get a wider array of results with them. Improved transient response, improved detail and improved clarity.

The only reason why I say that it really depends is that the difference in price is quite high, I mean, 700$ for IMR R1 vs 220$ or even 200$ for Falcon-C is a sum of money to consider.

Of course, for somebody like me, who is really into music, this kind of price is always worth it, but as I've been experimenting with photos recently, I remembered that not in every hobby, not everyone can justify as well spending the extra on certain improvements (cheap lens at 300$ vs similar lens, but better at 1000$). R1 is clearly better than Falcon-C, even in principle, being a customizable IEM. R1 will have more clarity, better detail revealing abilities, it sound effortless in complex passages and it renders everything more precise when it comes to their actual performance. A comparison with DK-3001 would be more fair as DK-3001 are already quite a bit better than Falcon-C

May 2, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #103 of 163
Kinda disappointed with my first experience with dunu regarding its build quality on the mmcx.... regardless, i love the sound and the price-to-performance ratio (bought from the aliexpress deal). will be emailing them to see what they can do about it.
7wvqQz1

Hi we are pleased that you love the sound of Falcone C and very sorry for the problem found, don't worry I assure you that the problem will be appropriately resolved, I'll send PM to you for the details.

Last edited:
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back