Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jul 24, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #121 of 163
My left earpiece is suddenly not working :frowning2: . I have tried another cable but same thing. Looks like the little pin in the centre of the connection has broken off!
Damn, and I was really starting to like these.
Who do I contact? This is such a mission for me with a useless post office. Now I must pay for a courier (at least for the return trip).

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #122 of 163
My left earpiece is suddenly not working :frowning2: . I have tried another cable but same thing. Looks like the little pin in the centre of the connection has broken off!
Who do I contact? This is such a mission for me with a useless post office. Now I must pay for a courier (at least for the return trip).

Contact the original seller, they should solve it nicely :)

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #123 of 163
Ok, I have the Falcon C a week ago right now. I'm using it with my cayin n3.The sound its very clear and dynamic. The truth is that I am impressed, the bass is perfect, has the right amount of body and impact, is very agile and defined. The mids that have impressed me the most, transparent with a very realistic tone. It shines in the highs, but does not tire in the ear, rather it adds air and supports the sensation of space that really surprises because of the depth it achieves. And men, this is one of the most comfortable iem out there, the fit its perfect. Definitely this is a must have iem under 300$!

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #124 of 163
Ok, I have the Falcon C a week ago right now. I'm using it with my cayin n3.The sound its very clear and dynamic. The truth is that I am impressed, the bass is perfect, has the right amount of body and impact, is very agile and defined. The mids that have impressed me the most, transparent with a very realistic tone. It shines in the highs, but does not tire in the ear, rather it adds air and supports the sensation of space that really surprises because of the depth it achieves. And men, this is one of the most comfortable iem out there, the fit its perfect. Definitely this is a must have iem under 300$!
It is a good combo with the Cayin N3. You should try the Falcon-C with Spiral Dot tips from JVC. It helps to smoothen the treble. Cheers!

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #125 of 163

Got them back today! Thank you Vivian / DUNU. So glad to be able to use them again! I will be careful in the future.

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #126 of 163
I'm not sure why these haven't exploded in popularity. The bass that these things produce is impressive, especially without overwhelming the midrange like other offerings; my only "complaint" if you could call it that is that I found the tonality to a bit off at times when compared to higher end gear, but that's not really a drawback for the price.

As far as the packaging goes, I liked most of the accessories, except for the cable. I found that it kinks way too easily.

Sep 22, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #127 of 163
I'm not sure why these haven't exploded in popularity. The bass that these things produce is impressive, especially without overwhelming the midrange like other offerings; my only "complaint" if you could call it that is that I found the tonality to a bit off at times when compared to higher end gear, but that's not really a drawback for the price.

As far as the packaging goes, I liked most of the accessories, except for the cable. I found that it kinks way too easily.

Yes, the same thing happens with the cable. I have the falcon two months ago and I feel that the cable is now even more easily entangled, and it is also prone to microphones.

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #132 of 163
First impression post:

Background: had a pair of DN-1000 back when they came out, was completely sold on the sound signature (sort of neutral with regards to any general iem but a tad u-shaped, the bass was definitely there but not overwhelming, the BA setup produced great clarity in combination with warmth, and of course surprisingly crisp higher freq. range.). I loved them like a child loves a dog until they eventually broke one day, the cable had gathered skin oil for a couple of years and stiffened to the point where it just snapped one cold winter day lol
This was of course by then a known build issue and was fixed with later iterations. I wanted a new pair of DUNUs but couldn't afford it for a while, so I passed on the DN-2000, -j, and the DK-3001, and finally got the falcon-c.

First impression is really good. As in walking around in the apartment smiling-type of good. Comparing to the old DN-1000 (IIRC, it's been a while lol), this time the sound signature has a tad more personality (I'd describe them as almost the same degree of neutrality but slightly warmer perhaps), one thing that I quickly notice is that the bass is present at deeper frequencies than it was in the DN-1000 where the base would kind of quickly fall of below perhaps something like 50-60Hz, here it it still there at way lower frequencies. The fun thing about that is that it seems to come at no cost of the incredibly fast decay and accurate movement of fast attack higher frequency sounds in these little buggers, I am absolutely delighted with songs where a warmer bass is working beneath snappy crisp details and they both just come out so clear. It is especially present in hi-fi electronic music.

The instrument separation in organic music is also probably as good IIRC. Typical contemporary jazz piano and guitar has noticeable timber and presence, toms and the snare drum in good recordings come trough very 3D and live-like. As other reviewers have said there is the potential for a tad hissing around 7-8k that would come out from f.e. cymbals but IIRC this was even more of an issue for me with the DN-1000, it could especially come out as hissing in syllables in quality recordings of vocal jazz, so there's an improvement even there I would say. I am open to how that could be down to the different tips though, I have kind ears that are not very picky about tips but I tended to choose foam tips and had comply tips then, here I tried the spinfit silicon tips for the first time (they come with the package) and absolutely love them, so it might be down to that. They're naturally quite revealing to older recordings made for being played on magnetic tape, so they could be harsh, unforgiving and perhaps underwhelming for people who want a V-signature old school rock sound. Metal however does extremely well, guitar driven (distorted guitars are usually mixed very forwardy, especially death metal) come through incredibly chainsawy and clear and pleasant. For a genre not famous for instrument separation the general clarity of the speakers performs miracles here I would say.

I could go on about the sound signature and genres etc. for a while but you can read more about that from other people, so a final word on the build quality: wow. braided cords with a quality strain relief sets these headphones up for durability. I thought that compared to their commonly used metal casings the plastic casings here would feel less well build but that is not the case at all. They are still quite heavy compared to many other brands, but the over-the-ear build they went with on the falcon-c really takes a bit off the weight for us who are comfortable wearing iems like that. I also like how the last bit of the cable that goes over-the-ear has that plastic coating that probably both protects the cable from gathering skin oil as well as helps it stay in shape to fit well around the ear.

tl:dr; great stuff - well done DUNU, especially impressed with how you have listened to customer feedback regarding the build and sound and keep solving problems and improving. Finally as others have already stated, these are incredible bang for the buck, if you are into the DUNU sound image and the iem structure, as usual for me they are one of the best brands out there and the falcon-c is just in line with that.

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #133 of 163
I also have the DN-1000 and had the DN-2000 (but they gave in). Also have the DN-2002.
But all-in-all I am very happy with the falcon-c. It may only be a single dynamic driver but still DUNU have done a great job. I've been using them exclusively, and now that I sort of "forgot" how the others sound, these just keep on shining.

I am so happy that the fit and everything just works, because I cannot afford iems anymore - so these have been quite a blessing indeed. I really still want to get the DK-3001, but money just does not allow me to. But I'm happy to settle now for a good while.

Actually, these are metal as well - I think only maybe the section where the tip goes on is plastic (they're in my bag, so not right in front of me). Just clank them together :) or feel them when it's/they're cold.

FYI: Just be careful when you put the cable in - make sure to do it carefully and straight. The cable is a bit different to other cables to reduce rotation. I don't believe the cable will work on other iems, but other cables will work on the Falcon-C.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #134 of 163
I also have the DN-1000 and had the DN-2000 (but they gave in). Also have the DN-2002.
But all-in-all I am very happy with the falcon-c. It may only be a single dynamic driver but still DUNU have done a great job. I've been using them exclusively, and now that I sort of "forgot" how the others sound, these just keep on shining.

I am so happy that the fit and everything just works, because I cannot afford iems anymore - so these have been quite a blessing indeed. I really still want to get the DK-3001, but money just does not allow me to. But I'm happy to settle now for a good while.

Actually, these are metal as well - I think only maybe the section where the tip goes on is plastic (they're in my bag, so not right in front of me). Just clank them together :) or feel them when it's/they're cold.

FYI: Just be careful when you put the cable in - make sure to do it carefully and straight. The cable is a bit different to other cables to reduce rotation. I don't believe the cable will work on other iems, but other cables will work on the Falcon-C.

Ha, you're right :D, I kind of checked when I put on the spinfit tips, noticed the plastic and just went with it, but ofc you're right the casing is metal (explains the odd weight anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back