Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jan 10, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #17 of 163
Enjoy reading! :dt880smile:

Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-falcon-c.22843/reviews#review-19689
Website: https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/01/10/dunufalcon-c/

photo_2018-01-07_14-31-41.jpg

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 163
So recently returned to Australia and had some time to sit down with the Falcon-C for some more in-depth impressions, here are my thoughts:

Bass

The Falcon-C's low-end is defined by its larger impact derived from an emphasized and very well extended sub-bass response. Mid-bass also has a small lift which grants slightly fuller notes though the Falcon-C isn't an outright warm earphone. Upper bass seems to be quite neutral, perhaps even slightly attenuated to aid lower-midrange transparency (male vocals are neutrally bodied). Bass is also really nicely controlled and defined with plenty of speed to keep up with faster tracks. That said, their slight sub and mid-bass accentuation do produce slightly less focused notes than more restrained, perhaps more balanced earphones like the Oriveti New Primacy.

Mids
The Falcon-C has a slightly brighter signature that delivers great notes with clarity. They aren't perfectly natural as their more vivid treble tuning can give vocals a very slightly metallic tinge. That said, the Falcon-C is hardly a wonky or unnatural sounding earphone and it is impressively smooth considering its style of tuning. Due to that aforementioned bass tuning, mids do have a sligthly fuller foundation, especially noticeable through sligthly chestier vocals, but they are otherwise quite neutral and very revealing.

Highs
Lower treble is aggressively detailed with a modest spike in middle treble granting the Falcon-C its especially open, airy character. Treble extension is very good, especially for Dunu's asking price, augmenting their already resolving sound with great resolution and space. That middle treble spike can make them sound a little hot at times, but I feel it is in good taste and the Falcon-C doesn't come across as peaky like some brighter competitors including Fiio's F9 and even the F9 Pro. Sibilance is a little emphasized but not to a bothersome extent. And, though treble does sound slightly too thin for my tastes, this remains a very nuanced earphone that retrieves plenty of micro and background detail.

Soundstage
Really nice stage, spacious with especially strong separation on account of their more neutral midrange body and atmospheric high-end. Imaging also seems to be quite precise with pinpoint directional cues and very tangible instrument placement.

Tips
- Balanced Tips
As above.

- Clear/Bright Tips
Slightly firmer tip, less tapered producing a shallower fit. Rather than raising any range, it attenuates the lower frequencies. This draws more attention to the upper-midrange and treble. Seems to target mid-bass most specifically, decreases midrange body but also increases clarity. Bass sounds more defined but also less pronounced. The high-end doesn't sound harsh or peaky, just bright and their sound loses its slight warmth.

- Spinfit CP100
Bass has more depth and impact but is also looser. Mids sound a bit unnatural but also clear and sligthly more defined. Highs are more present and lively. That said, they sound a little less detailed and micro-details can be masked by increased lower and middle treble emphasis. This is the most vivid sounding tip but it's also the least natural and saps some of the finer details. Will suit those looking for a deeper fit.

- Final E Tips
Not included but a personal favourite, flexible bore like Spinfits but more acoustically transparent. A bit firmer but the same fit depth as stock. Slightly more balanced sound, sub-bass is slightly attenuated forming a tighter, more controlled low-end. Mids are brought forward and treble is attenuated. As such, the earphones aren't as bright and mids sound noticeably more natural. Treble remains just as detailed but with a slight loss of micro-detail. This tips sounds cleaner but also loses some of the resolution and separation of the originals.

And a photo to appreciate that liquid metal housing :o2smile:

5XYNLKU.jpg

On another note, Dunu will be making an appearance at Canjam from Feb 16-17. The Falcon-C will be making an appearance and they'll be giving away free dual flange Spinfits! Swing by if you're already planning on going and swing by anyway if you're not :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #19 of 163
So recently returned to Australia and had some time to sit down with the Falcon-C for some more in-depth impressions, here are my thoughts:

Bass

The Falcon-C's low-end is defined by its larger impact derived from an emphasized and very well extended sub-bass response. Mid-bass also has a small lift which grants slightly fuller notes though the Falcon-C isn't an outright warm earphone. Upper bass seems to be quite neutral, perhaps even slightly attenuated to aid lower-midrange transparency (male vocals are neutrally bodied). Bass is also really nicely controlled and defined with plenty of speed to keep up with faster tracks. That said, their slight sub and mid-bass accentuation do produce slightly less focused notes than more restrained, perhaps more balanced earphones like the Oriveti New Primacy.

Mids
The Falcon-C has a slightly brighter signature that delivers great notes with clarity. They aren't perfectly natural as their more vivid treble tuning can give vocals a very slightly metallic tinge. That said, the Falcon-C is hardly a wonky or unnatural sounding earphone and it is impressively smooth considering its style of tuning. Due to that aforementioned bass tuning, mids do have a sligthly fuller foundation, especially noticeable through sligthly chestier vocals, but they are otherwise quite neutral and very revealing.

Highs
Lower treble is aggressively detailed with a modest spike in middle treble granting the Falcon-C its especially open, airy character. Treble extension is very good, especially for Dunu's asking price, augmenting their already resolving sound with great resolution and space. That middle treble spike can make them sound a little hot at times, but I feel it is in good taste and the Falcon-C doesn't come across as peaky like some brighter competitors including Fiio's F9 and even the F9 Pro. Sibilance is a little emphasized but not to a bothersome extent. And, though treble does sound slightly too thin for my tastes, this remains a very nuanced earphone that retrieves plenty of micro and background detail.

Soundstage
Really nice stage, spacious with especially strong separation on account of their more neutral midrange body and atmospheric high-end. Imaging also seems to be quite precise with pinpoint directional cues and very tangible instrument placement.

Tips
- Balanced Tips
As above.

- Clear/Bright Tips
Slightly firmer tip, less tapered producing a shallower fit. Rather than raising any range, it attenuates the lower frequencies. This draws more attention to the upper-midrange and treble. Seems to target mid-bass most specifically, decreases midrange body but also increases clarity. Bass sounds more defined but also less pronounced. The high-end doesn't sound harsh or peaky, just bright and their sound loses its slight warmth.

- Spinfit CP100
Bass has more depth and impact but is also looser. Mids sound a bit unnatural but also clear and sligthly more defined. Highs are more present and lively. That said, they sound a little less detailed and micro-details can be masked by increased lower and middle treble emphasis. This is the most vivid sounding tip but it's also the least natural and saps some of the finer details. Will suit those looking for a deeper fit.

- Final E Tips
Not included but a personal favourite, flexible bore like Spinfits but more acoustically transparent. A bit firmer but the same fit depth as stock. Slightly more balanced sound, sub-bass is slightly attenuated forming a tighter, more controlled low-end. Mids are brought forward and treble is attenuated. As such, the earphones aren't as bright and mids sound noticeably more natural. Treble remains just as detailed but with a slight loss of micro-detail. This tips sounds cleaner but also loses some of the resolution and separation of the originals.

5XYNLKU.jpg

On another note, Dunu will be making an appearance at Canjam from Feb 16-17. The Falcon-C will be making an appearance and they'll be giving away free dual flange Spinfits! Swing by if you're already planning on going and swing by anyway if you're not :wink:

Will it make a good match with the Cayin n3? I had been watching this and the it01, but the only thing that worries me is that its trebles are very bright and annoying. I listen to many genres of music, including house, smooth jazz, reggae, R&B, some pop, heavy metal, but I particularly like instrumental rock like Steve Vai, Satriani, Greg Howe, etc ...

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #21 of 163
My video about Falcon C (as usual, accent warning)

Hi there...
im Alexandros from Greece....ve been suscribed to your youtube channel for some months now......
And been watching with much interest your reviews there...just got Hum Hypno amp (and mostly because of your review...)
and owning also Dunu DN2000 and been very satisfyed from those iems....just been wondering have you been impressed from Falcon C??
Is it worth it to buy these ??? (i mean listening for the first time DN2000 was really impressed from the sound signature as overall....is this the case here???)

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 163
Hi there...
im Alexandros from Greece....ve been suscribed to your youtube channel for some months now......
And been watching with much interest your reviews there...just got Hum Hypno amp (and mostly because of your review...)
and owning also Dunu DN2000 and been very satisfyed from those iems....just been wondering have you been impressed from Falcon C??
Is it worth it to buy these ??? (i mean listening for the first time DN2000 was really impressed from the sound signature as overall....is this the case here???)

Hello, we are almost neighbors, I'm living in Montenegro now :)

As for DN-2000 vs Falcon C, if you're satisfied with DN2000, there is no need in buying Falcon C, they're pretty close in terms of "level", Falcons have better defined bass, going a bit deeper, while DN-2000 have more resolving and lively mids. So, signature differs a little, but I can't say that you should have both or sell 2000 and buy those. It's better to save some money for higher end model, I suppose Dunu will release hybrids with this dynamic driver for lows and BAs on mids/treble, for me it'll be a bomb.

But answering your question, yes, Falcons really impressed me, for my tastes it's probably the best lows in sub $500 segment I've heard :) Of course it's just subjective, but Dunu found perfect balance in quality and quantity to satisfy me

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #23 of 163
Hello, we are almost neighbors, I'm living in Montenegro now :)

As for DN-2000 vs Falcon C, if you're satisfied with DN2000, there is no need in buying Falcon C, they're pretty close in terms of "level", Falcons have better defined bass, going a bit deeper, while DN-2000 have more resolving and lively mids. So, signature differs a little, but I can't say that you should have both or sell 2000 and buy those. It's better to save some money for higher end model, I suppose Dunu will release hybrids with this dynamic driver for lows and BAs on mids/treble, for me it'll be a bomb.

But answering your question, yes, Falcons really impressed me, for my tastes it's probably the best lows in sub $500 segment I've heard :) Of course it's just subjective, but Dunu found perfect balance in quality and quantity to satisfy me
Thanks a lot man for sharing your thoughts...
Have you heard ICARUS III?
I recently got that too....and have to admit that i do appreciate a lot its tuning and it's sound signature. ..:L3000::smile_phones::L3000:

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 163
.....and i would be extremely intetested to see Icarus III on your up-coming reviews..
I just dont understand why no one around haven't said word about that iem...
IMHO its worth to be mentioned....

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #25 of 163

Bass

Mids

Highs

Soundstage

Tips
- Balanced Tips
As above.

- Clear/Bright Tips

- Spinfit CP100

- Final E Tips

5XYNLKU.jpg

The GIVEAWAY SpinFit tips on CanJam NYC are the latest new model CP-240 which you may not found them otherwhere than the event! :wink:

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #27 of 163
DUNU-Topsound

Dear Vivian, is this CP240 you've mentioned above very new modification of CP240 or it is the same as i can see at DUNU's flagship store among other TwinBlade's (220, 230, 240)?
And one more question - why there is pin (衣夹) presented on Falcon-C advertising pictures, but there is no this item in actual Falcon-C accessories?

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #28 of 163
DUNU-Topsound

Dear Vivian, is this CP240 you've mentioned above very new modification of CP240 or it is the same as i can see at DUNU's flagship store among other TwinBlade's (220, 230, 240)?
And one more question - why there is pin (衣夹) presented on Falcon-C advertising pictures, but there is no this item in actual Falcon-C accessories?

I'm sorry my fault, I'm talking about the new CP-145 that go with the AKG5005, the CP-240 is the one with an extra bushing for people to adjust the OD of the tips.

I just notice there is a pin on advertising pictures, that's our art desingner mistakes, he may got pay cut this month :money_mouth:

Last edited:
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #29 of 163
It is a pity.
I was quite upset when i didn't find a pin in my Falcon-C set.

Beside this minor issue other is just great, i am enjoying everyday since last 1212, nice appearance, perfect performance, well done!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back