DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #1,831 of 2,381
The spring sale poster seems to show the Zen Pro at $749, which seems like it's a mistake.

That's correct, thanks for catching!

Just look where the DK2001 led me... Mmm sweet IMG_20230324_130326~2.jpg

Live long and prosper 😎🖖

Nice! What kind of music do you like with it?

I found out about the SA6 Ultra after I got into more audiophile IEMs and was bummed out about it because it sounds like the ideal IEM for me. Thinking about pulling the trigger for the SA6 but might wait for the mk2 and see how it compares sonically to the Ultra

Soon :)

So, I finalized my review of the Dunu Kima.

They are competent in terms of tuning, come with excellent accesories, have a great build, and the price is not too absurd.

Sadly, the market has become so saturated that it’s difficult to stand out by being “good enough”. You have to go the extra mile or offer something unique – two aspects that are sorely missing in most recent releases. The Kima are no exceptions. They are a sidegrade to the existing Titan S. A different tuning, but not a product that shifts the paradigm.

Thankfully, the Kima are pleasing to listen to, so even though they do not excite, they do not offend either. If you found the Titan S to be too sterile and clinical, give the Kima a shot. Their warmth might just convince you.

You can read the full review here: https://www.audioreviews.org/dunu-kima-review-kmmbd/

2e33Kbc.jpg

Thanks so much sir!

Dunu SA4

Warnings - Headphones used with stock tips and cables;
- Sources: E1DA 9038s 2.5mm and the Meizu Hifi Pro 3.5mm;
- SA4 used in default mode;
- I'm just a headphone enthusiast, not a professional reviewer;
- I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for possible translation errors;
- Some impressions about an inear released only in the asian market;

As far as the SA4's sonic presentation is concerned, overall it's balanced and smooth. The mids are bright and appear a little more prominent than the other frequency ranges. The highs are more restrained, with a smoother sound, but still have a good aplomb. The bass is neutral, well extended and with a good impact and texture. In addition, it has a good soundstage and good spatiality.

Bass, in particular, packs a punch, but compared to the bass typical of dynamic drivers, it can sound drier. However, this doesn't negatively affect the sound quality, and I appreciate this approach, as the bass remains well defined and controlled.

The mids have a bit more kick and are presented clearly and without harshness. While the overall sound delivery is balanced, there can be a slight lack of warmth in the female vocals region. The "atmosphere enhancement" mode helps with this in the midrange, but can negatively affect the sense of space, making the sound a bit closed off.

High-pitched sounds were the most challenging to understand, as in some cases the range can be somewhat limited. In particular, the drum cymbals lack luster on some recordings. However, usually this glow is present, albeit softer. What's more, the highs don't seem to lack resolution. The good thing is that it sounds harmless and never fatiguing for long hours of listening, reminding me a little of my old Tin Hifi T2 in that sense.

When comparing the SA4 to the 7Hz Timeless, the SA4 has a more balanced and smoother sound, with good separation between the instruments and a more three-dimensional soundstage. On the other hand, Timeless has a more energetic sound, with fuller bass and brighter highs, which provide a feeling of greater detail and fulfillment. In summary, the SA4 offers a more balanced sound with good spatiality, while the Timeless has a more intense and detailed sound.

Dunu SA4 + Timeless.jpg
Ok, I see,
Every so often I see sets sold on ebay &/or AliX. Not really aimed at western markets per se...

Correct, it's not coming out in the states anytime soon (or at all currently).

Mar 29, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,832 of 2,381
Just look where the DK2001 led me... Mmm sweet IMG_20230324_130326~2.jpg

Live long and prosper 😎🖖
Always get excited to learn of a new convert over to the VULKAN experience. That single IEM was one of my most favorite releases from last year! It has a cool factor that no one else figured-out how to produce. Seemingly breaking all the rules, yet coming-up with its very own ideas of how to do playback! Enjoy! It’s a classic and maybe never will be emulated (again) by anyone but DUNU?

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #1,833 of 2,381
Always get excited to learn of a new convert over to the VULKAN experience. That single IEM was one of my most favorite releases from last year! It has a cool factor that no one else figured-out how to produce. Seemingly breaking all the rules, yet coming-up with its very own ideas of how to do playback! Enjoy! It’s a classic and maybe never will be emulated (again) by anyone but DUNU?
I have to say after a long listening session using my iBasso DX220 the synergy was truly breathtaking the Vulkan is very special listening to the White Buffalo and the Rolling stones I've not experienced such "atmosphere" from iems before.

They do suffer a little on tracks that are prone to sibilance but I can forgive that for the magic on well matched recordings.

Weirdly they didn't match well with the FiiO M15 or the iBasso dx160 but with the DX220 and sony NW-WM1A they are awesome..

@Sebastien Chiu I'm a classic rock and Americana with a touch of old school funk kinda guy which the Vulkan really shine with.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #1,834 of 2,381
I have to say after a long listening session using my iBasso DX220 the synergy was truly breathtaking the Vulkan is very special listening to the White Buffalo and the Rolling stones I've not experienced such "atmosphere" from iems before.

They do suffer a little on tracks that are prone to sibilance but I can forgive that for the magic on well matched recordings.

Weirdly they didn't match well with the FiiO M15 or the iBasso dx160 but with the DX220 and sony NW-WM1A they are awesome..

@Sebastien Chiu I'm a classic rock and Americana with a touch of old school funk kinda guy which the Vulkan really shine with.

Thanks so much, guys! The VULKAN is a highlight of what makes the technology in our DK series so unique. It's a true testament to our trickle down technologies from our years of experience in the industry (which is now 21+!) making DUNU one of the oldest portable HiFi companies second only to the likes of HiFiMan and a few others.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #1,835 of 2,381

Thanks so much, guys! The VULKAN is a highlight of what makes the technology in our DK series so unique. It's a true testament to our trickle down technologies from our years of experience in the industry (which is now 21+!) making DUNU one of the oldest portable HiFi companies second only to the likes of HiFiMan and a few others.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #1,836 of 2,381
Why do I want this now as well :/ This looks so beautiful!!! Also the Case is also beautiful.

dunu-sa6-mkii-iems-earphone-hifigo-233366_700x700.jpg

dunu-sa6-mkii-iems-earphone-hifigo-906456_700x700.jpg

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #1,837 of 2,381
I don't really like pointy design, would prefer more smooth shell form like OG sa6, kiwi orchestra, etc...
The new one reminds me of KZ iems for some reason 😕

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,838 of 2,381
Why do I want this now as well :/ This looks so beautiful!!! Also the Case is also beautiful.

dunu-sa6-mkii-iems-earphone-hifigo-233366_700x700.jpg

dunu-sa6-mkii-iems-earphone-hifigo-906456_700x700.jpg
Oh no did they went with the pointy design and black shell?
I remember a poll by misses song, a clear shell and round faceplate where shown...
BTW when do they release? Been looking out to try them.

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #1,839 of 2,381
Definitely an awesome treat that these came in just in time for the weekend. Can't wait to open these babies up. If you passed on the limited Ultra, then this second coming are the ones to have. More power to HiFiGo for giving me the chance on the first batch to experience the MK2 after being one of the Ultra buyers and considering my input/feedback (XL S&S tips finally!). Unboxing and first impressions soon! Head-Fi product information page is up now as well - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-studio-sa6-mk2.26407/

20230331_065322.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #1,840 of 2,381
Definitely an awesome treat that these came in just in time for the weekend. Can't wait to open these babies up. If you passed on the limited Ultra, then this second coming are the ones to have. More power to HiFiGo for giving me the chance on the first batch to experience the MK2 after being one of the Ultra buyers and considering my input/feedback (XL S&S tips finally!). Unboxing and first impressions soon! Head-Fi product information page is up now as well - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-studio-sa6-mk2.26407/

20230331_065322.jpg
Stoked to see your impressions! This is a highly anticipated release for me and will be so bummed out if it's a dud

Mar 30, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #1,841 of 2,381
Stoked to see your impressions! This is a highly anticipated release for me and will be so bummed out if it's a dud
Excited for my extended eartime as well, will compare it directly to my SA6 Ultra and Monarch mk2 soon.

20230331_085135.jpg

Mar 31, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #1,842 of 2,381
I don't really like pointy design, would prefer more smooth shell form like OG sa6, kiwi orchestra, etc...
The new one reminds me of KZ iems for some reason 😕
Well, I think this is going to be a case of really seeing them in person. I wouldn’t judge the looks so fast, as I think (that while looks ARE subjective) that they will in-fact look rich in-person.

20230331_065322.jpg

Excited for my extended eartime as well, will compare it directly to my SA6 Ultra and Monarch mk2 soon.

20230331_085135.jpg
Can’t wait to read your take on them!

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,843 of 2,381
Well, I think this is going to be a case of really seeing them in person. I wouldn’t judge the looks so fast, as I think (that while looks ARE subjective) that they will in-fact look rich in-person.

Can’t wait to read your take on them!
Still spending more time A/Bing with the Ultra but so far a quick 4-track multigenre listen via Sony ZX300 (MrWalkman FW) on SE is it is the Ultra with punchier bass and a bit more shimmery treble + a bit more sparkle (yet neither sibilant or grainy). Very articulate and detailed. A more engaging Ultra if you will, very close. In the meanwhile, here's a short unboxing video of my set sans the shrink wrap (got it without the plastic) - Unboxing the SA6 MK2

Apr 3, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #1,845 of 2,381
标准模式频响(SA6-SA6 MK2).png

Imma just drop this officially here :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back