DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Mar 21, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,801 of 2,418
Not talking crap about SA6, I have had it as my reference IEM for a while. Hoped for a improvement in MKII instead of a downgrade.
But for others this V shaped sound can be an upgraded version, it all come back to preference.👍

DSCF1990-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #1,802 of 2,418
Not talking crap about SA6, I have had it as my reference IEM for a while. Hoped for a improvement for me instead of a downgrade.
But for others this V shaped sound can be an upgraded version, it all come back to preference.👍

How are you calling SA6 Mk II more V-shaped? Yes, Mk II has a small increase in bass energy but Mk I has much more upper midrange and more treble energy overall (until out in the air region). I get how that’s a downgrade for you, but no need to trash a non-finalized demo graph, so other people don’t get excited/interested

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #1,803 of 2,418
How are you calling SA6 Mk II more V-shaped? Yes, Mk II has a small increase in bass energy but Mk I has much more upper midrange and more treble energy overall (until out in the air region). I get how that’s a downgrade for you, but no need to trash a non-finalized demo graph, so other people don’t get excited/interested

graph (1) (5)~2.png

It's more even now, but much of the presence is having around 3-5dB less energy, this is one of the most sensetive areas that affects the sound being more flat or V shaped. The lower part of the mids also is a part of it and that is fine still with MKII. But lets see how it is in the end.

Probably should have been silent, as its never allowed to say anything negative around. I did just want to put some light on the upper mids being less energetic in the new edition.

We need both sides saying opinions, or we will never go anywhere in this world. I were never harsh or talked crap.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #1,804 of 2,418

It's more even now, but much of the presence are is having around 5dB less energy, this is one of the most sensetive areas that affects the sound being more flat or V shaped. The lower part of the mids also is a part of it and that is fine still with MKII. But lets see how it is in the end.

Probably should have been silent, as its never allowed to say anything negative around. I did just want to put some light on the upper mids being less energetic in the new edition.

We need both sides saying opinions, or we will never go anywhere in this world. I were never harsh or talked crap.
You said you weren’t interested in it, then went on and off for a whole day about how bad it looks to you but I don’t agree with how you are describing the graph. It’s not about “can’t say anything negative” but if Mk II has a flatter upper-midrange and treble, with only a peak at 8k where the resonance is, how is that more V-shaped?

I’m commenting on what seems like a misrepresentation of the graph, not telling you to love it

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #1,805 of 2,418
Of course, simply going by a graph is sometimes VERY misleading, but seeing the graph for the MKII, they look to be very nice. I like when there is a linearity to it and less peaky (or dips). Those normally lend to a much more cohesive sound, and less "tricks" being employed to give a false perception. This is mainly my point regarding the upper mids. If it blends well with the mix, then I am happy, but if it is more forward than the rest of the spectrum, I don't have to hear it, I can feel it (in the way of pain, for my ears).

I for one am pretty anxious to hear impressions on these, and comparisons to the MKI (if we are calling it that :wink:).

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #1,806 of 2,418
You said you weren’t interested in it, then went on and off for a whole day about how bad it looks to you but I don’t agree with how you are describing the graph. It’s not about “can’t say anything negative” but if Mk II has a flatter upper-midrange and treble, with only a peak at 8k where the resonance is, how is that more V-shaped?

I’m commenting on what seems like a misrepresentation of the graph, not telling you to love it
Don't want to argue with you and start a conflict, seems like your after me. I hate conflict, only wanted some design insight here on the tuning. A few posts asking is not flaming a product, please don't put words about me going off for a day saying it.

Sorry if I in some way said something that made you upset.

MKII boosted upper air harmonics and bass is very much to my taste. From experience in the 2-6k range affect very much how I perceive energy of a IEM, as I said from the start this is maybe not the same for everybody.

This is still a set I am probably going to get, and see for myself. 😃

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #1,807 of 2,418

And let's not forget that normally an 8K peak is a coupling artifact (of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist though).... :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #1,808 of 2,418
Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.47.56 AM.png

Compared to a set like Kiwi Ears Orchestra lite, I'd call Mk 2 more of an inverted L-shape, with the bass being most elevated and the upper midrange and treble being below neutral and closer to flat past 1.5k. That's a pretty unique tuning decision, dunno what that's gonna actually mean

Mar 21, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #1,809 of 2,418
I would probably skip the MK2 as I already have 2 SA6, but definitely will be waiting for SA10. My next purchase will most likely be between UM Mest MK3 or SA10. Both having pretty similar drivers configuration will be interesting on what kind of tuning they are going to.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #1,810 of 2,418
Hello DUNU fans,

We are excited to announce our next sale is taking place this week from 3/22 to 3/29. You can find more information on pricing and products included in the sale below:

1.png2.png

The sale is LIVE on our direct shop now. Happy saving!

Link to purchase items can be found here.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 23, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #1,812 of 2,418
Hello DUNU fans,

We are excited to announce our next sale is taking place this week from 3/22 to 3/29. You can find more information on pricing and products included in the sale below:

The sale is LIVE on our direct shop now. Happy saving!

Link to purchase items can be found here.
Interesting! I did not see the DUW-02 on that list.... :frowning2:

Mar 23, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #1,814 of 2,418
On the assumption this was released to promote discussion...I really hope this isn't the finalised tuning.

graph.png

I really hope this is the final tuning :dt880smile: More and more I enjoy that “flat top” between around 1.5kHz and 5kHz. The big 15kHz peak after a restrained 12kHz is also very assuring.

I expect a large soundstage with this IEM. The main stage should be pulled back away from the head, and the diffusion of the stage to the surrounding should be great thanks to the 15kHz. If the drivers matching are good, we can expect sharp imaging as well.

Let’s wait and see.

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,815 of 2,418
Just look where the DK2001 led me... Mmm sweet
IMG_20230324_130326~2.jpg

Live long and prosper 😎🖖

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back