DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #811 of 2,444
And just like that, the Titan S giveaway is closed! Wow! 768 entries. We did not expect to get that much.

Winner to be announced in a few hours :)

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #813 of 2,444
And just like that, the Titan S giveaway is closed! Wow! 768 entries. We did not expect to get that much.

Winner to be announced in a few hours :)
Good luck to all the entrants!

Edit: Not sure why you weren't expecting so many applicants, because DUNU makes some good stuff.... :relaxed:

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #816 of 2,444
And the winner of the Titan S giveaway is...Brian J Doherty! You have 48 hours to get in touch with us and provide your details.

Please congratulate Brian on the win, and thank you all for participating!

Want us to do another one soon? Let us know.

Aug 3, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #817 of 2,444
And the winner of the Titan S giveaway is...Brian J Doherty! You have 48 hours to get in touch with us and provide your details.

Congrats Brian! May your ears feel blessed... :)

P.S. Yes @Sebastien Chiu, I for one would like to see more of these. Even if I don't win (ever), I like it that it brings new people here. Besides it was kinda' fun. :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #818 of 2,444
And also Zen pro is really pretty, someone said if change the stock cable to Hulk pro will be in perfect condition.
That's an interesting suggestion. I will have to try that.

Aug 4, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #819 of 2,444

Congratulations Brian! We are jeolous! Enjoy the Titan S!

@Sebastien Chiu: Yes please do another one soon!

Aug 4, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #820 of 2,444

Congrats Brian!

Wish I could be so lucky...

Do another? It’s not like I ever get lucky, but sure, who knows.

Congrats Brian! May your ears feel blessed... :)

P.S. Yes @Sebastien Chiu, I for one would like to see more of these. Even if I don't win (ever), I like it that it brings new people here. Besides it was kinda' fun. :sunglasses::thumbsup:

I trust you, I followed you, I’m here... eager to be able to listen to Dunu sound.

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #821 of 2,444
Congrats Brian!

Wish I could be so lucky...

Do another? It’s not like I ever get lucky, but sure, who knows.

I trust you, I followed you, I’m here... eager to be able to listen to Dunu sound.
:sunglasses:

BTW! Did you ever get your Vulkans?

Aug 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #822 of 2,444
:sunglasses:

BTW! Did you ever get your Vulkans?

Not yet. :frowning2:

Still no availability in any European distributor, at least to my knowledge.

As you know I’ve been delaying it because I’d very much like to test them before committing. I am considering getting them directly from Dunu but, as we’ve discussed, this will incur in higher shipping costs (half way around the world) plus local clearance charges plus 23% tax. And... not returnable, not easily serviceable... the whole yada yada.

But I definitely want them.

Aug 6, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #823 of 2,444
Not yet. :frowning2:

Still no availability in any European distributor, at least to my knowledge.

As you know I’ve been delaying it because I’d very much like to test them before committing. I am considering getting them directly from Dunu but, as we’ve discussed, this will incur in higher shipping costs (half way around the world) plus local clearance charges plus 23% tax. And... not returnable, not easily serviceable... the whole yada yada.

But I definitely want them.
Ouch! I don't blame you for waiting then... :)

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #824 of 2,444
I bought mine from Amp3 here in the uk, they arrived a couple of weeks ago but I had them on order since mid June. They might still have some in stock so could be worth dropping them an email.

Aug 7, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #825 of 2,444
So, I just realised that I have not been taking my Titan S out of the drawer for a while, so I took it out and gave it a listening session with my new test tracks. Interestingly, the upper midrange is more shrill than how I remember when reviewing it in the past.

Anyhow, one minute modding with micropore tape is all it takes to tame the upper midrange. Without the masking of the upper midrange, the treble details come out beautifully as well. I think the driver in Titan S is quite excellent. Treble is more resolving than other famous single DD IEMs from the other Chi-Fi powerhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back