DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Aug 9, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #841 of 2,371
Thanks so much! How do you like the synergy with the mojo/poly combo?

There’s no doubt it’s a good pairing for the vulkan and the crossfeed function can be very useful for immersive soundtracks such as Inception/Interstellar- Hans Zimmer or Arrival - Johan Johannsson, the eq function can lift the midrange when needed but to be perfectly honest the vulkan is easy to drive and is just as enjoyable using an apple dac dongle, if no eq/crossfeed is used on the mojo and level matched with the apple dongle then I wouldn’t like to bet money that I could tell them apart.

A good track that highlights the mojo 2 crossfeed with the vulkan is below, obviously the tidal/Apple lossless version is better than YouTube but it’s still a good track to highlight the vulkans abilities

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #843 of 2,371
There’s no doubt it’s a good pairing for the vulkan and the crossfeed function can be very useful for immersive soundtracks such as Inception/Interstellar- Hans Zimmer or Arrival - Johan Johannsson, the eq function can lift the midrange when needed but to be perfectly honest the vulkan is easy to drive and is just as enjoyable using an apple dac dongle, if no eq/crossfeed is used on the mojo and level matched with the apple dongle then I wouldn’t like to bet money that I could tell them apart.

Great to hear! Thanks!

Oh crap lol. I’m not sure. It is the one that comes standard with the sa6

yes

Cool.

Build: The DW03 is a thicker cable than the Amber. Amber has a tighter braid.
Connector: The Amber is a new connector system called Q Lock Lite. It is not compatible with the plugs for the DW03, but you do get a full set of plugs with this purchase.
Material: The Amber is High-Purity Neotech OCC Mixed-Strand Copper & Silver and the DW03 is High-Purity Monocrystalline Silver-Plated Copper Litz
Core: The Amber is a 4 core build while the DW03 is 8 core.

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #844 of 2,371
Great to hear! Thanks!

Cool.

Build: The DW03 is a thicker cable than the Amber. Amber has a tighter braid.
Connector: The Amber is a new connector system called Q Lock Lite. It is not compatible with the plugs for the DW03, but you do get a full set of plugs with this purchase.
Material: The Amber is High-Purity Neotech OCC Mixed-Strand Copper & Silver and the DW03 is High-Purity Monocrystalline Silver-Plated Copper Litz
Core: The Amber is a 4 core build while the DW03 is 8 core.
So what would you say would be the sound difference would be?

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #845 of 2,371
I love the bokeh! What lense?

CB1C21BE-EFFA-482A-BFF8-D00DC857555F.jpeg

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #846 of 2,371
1660157795195.png

Before it get's posted unofficially, here's a tease at what is coming next from team DUNU :)

Meet you first look at Talos, a planar coming from your favorite IEM company!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #847 of 2,371
1660157795195.png

Before it get's posted unofficially, here's a tease at what is coming next from team DUNU :)

If possible to answer, is it a flagship or not?

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #848 of 2,371
Aug 10, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #850 of 2,371
1660157795195.png

You've got to be kidding me? What timing! I just ordered the Hook-X (because I love planar and have really taken my time in choosing from the many new ones out). I hope they aren't too expensive?!

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #851 of 2,371
1660157795195.png

Oh that's exciting, looking forward to hearing more!

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #852 of 2,371
Cool. Did you see my question about the differences in cables above?

Thanks for following up - unfortunately I can't comment just yet. I don't have an Amber in hand (should soon). I'll post my impressions when I can!

You've got to be kidding me? What timing! I just ordered the Hook-X (because I love planar and have really taken my time in choosing from the many new ones out). I hope they aren't too expensive?!

Bad timing is unfortunately how this industry works this time of year. I can't comment on price just yet!

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #854 of 2,371

*My impression when coming back Dunu thread after un-watching for a while due to the giveaway:*

fz0cc4gfs1a01 copy.jpg

Any chance for a review tour?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back