DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Aug 7, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #826 of 2,375
I bought mine from Amp3 here in the uk, they arrived a couple of weeks ago but I had them on order since mid June. They might still have some in stock so could be worth dropping them an email.

Thank you very much for the heads up. I was unaware Amp3 had them already. Actually I was aware of Amp3 but thanks to the smart @$$3$ who pushed for brexit, now I can’t order anything from the UK without getting taxed too (unless they have a warehouse in the EU).

Aug 8, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #827 of 2,375
Not yet. :frowning2:

Still no availability in any European distributor, at least to my knowledge.

As you know I’ve been delaying it because I’d very much like to test them before committing. I am considering getting them directly from Dunu but, as we’ve discussed, this will incur in higher shipping costs (half way around the world) plus local clearance charges plus 23% tax. And... not returnable, not easily serviceable... the whole yada yada.

But I definitely want them.
I bought mine from Amp3 here in the uk, they arrived a couple of weeks ago but I had them on order since mid June. They might still have some in stock so could be worth dropping them an email.

Amp3 is great! Worth checking this route for sure even if this is a couple of weeks wait.

So, I just realised that I have not been taking my Titan S out of the drawer for a while, so I took it out and gave it a listening session with my new test tracks. Interestingly, the upper midrange is more shrill than how I remember when reviewing it in the past.

Anyhow, one minute modding with micropore tape is all it takes to tame the upper midrange. Without the masking of the upper midrange, the treble details come out beautifully as well. I think the driver in Titan S is quite excellent. Treble is more resolving than other famous single DD IEMs from the other Chi-Fi powerhouse.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

That's all we need to know :)

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #828 of 2,375
Well I am about done with this company. I ordered an item, took forever to get it, had to send multiple emails to find out where it was. Finally got an answer and eventually got it. Story doesn’t end. I ordered the wrong type of 3.5mm plug…my bad and I take all responsibility. I returned it as directed and still no replacement even sent. First I’m told it was forgotten about and now who knows. I have the sa6 and love it. But after this episode no more money to them. Too bad cuz I was looking at the vulkan. I started the request for replacement July 16. Not that I think I should have it already…but do…but I should be at least be given a tracking number

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #829 of 2,375
Well I am about done with this company. I ordered an item, took forever to get it, had to send multiple emails to find out where it was. Finally got an answer and eventually got it. Story doesn’t end. I ordered the wrong type of 3.5mm plug…my bad and I take all responsibility. I returned it as directed and still no replacement even sent. First I’m told it was forgotten about and now who knows. I have the sa6 and love it. But after this episode no more money to them. Too bad cuz I was looking at the vulkan. I started the request for replacement July 16. Not that I think I should have it already…but do…but I should be at least be given a tracking number
Sorry to hear that. I don't think that is very typical of DUNU IMHO.

Aug 8, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #831 of 2,375
I guess I just got a bad experience then lol
I feel for you, and it DOES happen with every brand, though IME DUNU hasn't dropped the ball where I have been concerned as of yet. They DO do it though, I'm sure. They are a smaller company after all.

Having said that, it never hurts to voice your concerns (in public and to them) now and then to help keep them on their toes (so to speak). Companies DO have to be held accountable for their "promises" IMHO. Though, again I have never had to remind them thus far... :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #832 of 2,375
I can’t express in words just how much I love these.
7C393DD9-7241-4A5C-B426-FE7CA4921339.jpeg

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #834 of 2,375
Currently listening to a playlist of Bonobo, Rival Consoles, Kiasmos, Craven Faults, Stephan Bodzin, Bicep and for this genre (electronic) I made a wise choice with the Vulkan, my 7hz timeless may have a slight edge on clarity and treble but the Vulkans sub bass is perfectly formed for these tracks

52252132063_48c0d1e3d5_h.jpg

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #835 of 2,375
Currently listening to a playlist of Bonobo, Rival Consoles, Kiasmos, Craven Faults, Stephan Bodzin, Bicep and for this genre (electronic) I made a wise choice with the Vulkan, my 7hz timeless may have a slight edge on clarity and treble but the Vulkans sub bass is perfectly formed for these tracks

Wow! Enviable setup you have there. Looks a lot like my kind of endgame, hehe.

And great band suggestions. I’ll be craving for the Vulkan even more if these sound good on them. (Although not exactly the same style, you must know Boards of Canada, for sure)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #836 of 2,375
(Although not exactly the same style, you must know Boards of Canada, for sure)

Ha, yeah I do. We ran the dance tents at our festival (wickerman festival SW Scotland) back in the 2000’s/2010’s and through a mate we got lucky and managed to convince Marcus to play the chill out tent for us, the Scottish scene is quite vibrant and most folk know or have met each other. Needless to say a Boards of Canada track/album is always in my playlists.

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #837 of 2,375
Reminder: There are ten units left of Amber.

This is a limited production run, and only 500 were made.

Thanks for your support of the cable so far; we are quite impressed at how well they have sold!

Want us to make another cable like this soon? Let us know!

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #838 of 2,375
I can’t express in words just how much I love these.
7C393DD9-7241-4A5C-B426-FE7CA4921339.jpeg

I love the bokeh! What lense?

Thanks so much! How do you like the synergy with the mojo/poly combo?

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #839 of 2,375
Reminder: There are ten units left of Amber.

This is a limited production run, and only 500 were made.

Thanks for your support of the cable so far; we are quite impressed at how well they have sold!

Want us to make another cable like this soon? Let us know!
What’s the difference between that cable and the one that comes with the sa6? Thanks

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #840 of 2,375
What’s the difference between that cable and the one that comes with the sa6? Thanks

Do you have the silver DW03? Just confirming before I chime in. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back