Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Sep 26, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #211 of 1,383
Nice review! Btw which single DD that you have heard have more forward mids then these? Why I ask is because having slightly recessed mids is a concern. Vocals need to stand out for me rather then sounding drowned in the action like the t800's did.
I agree I like vocals forward and in front of me... are the vocals really recessed, I thought another said they were not. I’m so in the fence about these

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #212 of 1,383
I agree I like vocals forward and in front of me... are the vocals really recessed, I thought another said they were not. I’m so in the fence about these

My modded FD02 are really good for vocals.
Very smooth and clear, very good at conveying the emotions in the voice.
Better at that than my EX800ST and Astell & Kern T8ie MKII

I expect nothing less from the FDX1, especially since they use the same driver and the measurements at Crinacle's site for the FD02 and FDX1 stock are very, very similar.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #213 of 1,383
My modded FD02 are really good for vocals.
Very smooth and clear, very good at conveying the emotions in the voice.
Better at that than my EX800ST and Astell & Kern T8ie MKII

I expect nothing less from the FDX1, especially since they use the same driver and the measurements at Crinacle's site for the FD02 and FDX1 stock are very, very similar.
Do the vocals feel forward and in front of you?

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #214 of 1,383
Nice review! Btw which single DD that you have heard have more forward mids then these? Why I ask is because having slightly recessed mids is a concern. Vocals need to stand out for me rather then sounding drowned in the action like the t800's did.
Unfortunately none! That's why I ordered this one.

Nice review!

I think there's one little mistake in the green opener box stating that it's a dual dynamic driver IEM, unless you mean that there are 2 drivers, one in the right and one in the left ear piece :ksc75smile:

BTW - I think you should give the JVC FW10000 a listen when you get a chance. You might like them :L3000:
Huh: dual carbon made me dream of dual dynamic....sloppy work. I would like to try the FW100000 and all these famous discontinued Sony EXT1000 and 800

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #215 of 1,383
Unfortunately none! That's why I ordered this one.

Huh: dual carbon made me dream of dual dynamic....sloppy work. I would like to try the FW100000 and all these famous discontinued Sony EXT1000 and 800
Did you find the vocals seem in front of you and forward?

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #216 of 1,383
I just received the ath ckr100 (13mm DD) and this is hands down my favourite iem now with stellar bass, powerful, forward vocals and excellent clarity. These are definitely an upgrade over the kpe/oxygen for me but I would still say that kpe/oxygen have slightly better details and better upper mids as sometimes I feel the upper mids can make some parts of the sound a bit thin but still truly magnificent. @james444 If you heard these then could you please compare these to the jvc fdx1 as I really am not sure now if it will be worth it? If not then please try them out someday as I feel you could mod these into something amazing.

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #217 of 1,383
I just received the ath ckr100 (13mm DD) and this is hands down my favourite iem now with stellar bass, powerful, forward vocals and excellent clarity. These are definitely an upgrade over the kpe/oxygen for me but I would still say that kpe/oxygen have slightly better details and better upper mids as sometimes I feel the upper mids can make some parts of the sound a bit thin but still truly magnificent. @james444 If you heard these then could you please compare these to the jvc fdx1 as I really am not sure now if it will be worth it? If not then please try them out someday as I feel you could mod these into something amazing.

No, I haven't heard the CKR100. Going by the FR-measurements I've seen, these must actually sound more similar to the JVC FW01 than FDX1.

If you really prefer this sound signature over the Oxygen, then the FDX1 might not be for you.

Oxygen and FDX1 are more neutral, CKR100 and FW01 are more colored.

Sep 27, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #218 of 1,383
Thank you!... Also I actually love the signature of the oxygen but I felt it could do with better vocals as it did not sound emphasized or focused on. From the graphs you saw does the fdx1 have less forward vocals then the ckr100? What I really like about the ckr100 is that powerful sound coming off of that huge driver and the fdx1 is rather big too and I am certain it has better technicalities aswell. It's the vocals that really concern me however especially as I read one reviewer stating the mids are slightly recessed.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #220 of 1,383
Anybody knows how the FDX1 compares to Final Audio E4000/5000 and Etymotic ER2?

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #221 of 1,383
D-Day for me, as to whether or not to drop the drop.

With my recent acquisition of a pair of ToneKing Nine Tails and their inherent ability to dial in to your desired frequency response. What more can the HA-FDX1 do, when taking into consideration that I only stream (Spotify Premium), no lossless files ?

Edit to add:
No need to answer the question. I dropped out.

I hope the 590 participants prove my concerns to be without merit.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #222 of 1,383
Could anyone recommend a iem cable by ALO Audio to use with this iem, I would prefer a silver cable if available.

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #224 of 1,383
Are these sold only by Drop?
I see they are out of stock.
Yes, the JVC HA-FDX1 is a collaboration between JVC and Drop; hard to say when they'll be in stock (at Drop). As mDrop's zero inventory format normally dictates that they'll offer a new pre-pay round sometime early next year, at $280 USD. Then you'll have to wait (like the current purchasers) for months, to get your product in hand.

So even though it could be 4 months, before you receive a set of the HA-FDX1s (from a 2nd round, at the increased price of $280 USD), you'll get to see the impressions of the participants from the 1st round.

Edit to add:
There is a pair of the original FD01s listed in the for sale forum
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-jvc-ha-fd01-with-james-mods.916055/

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #225 of 1,383
Yes, the JVC HA-FDX1 is a collaboration between JVC and Drop; hard to say when they'll be in stock (at Drop). As mDrop's zero inventory format normally dictates that they'll offer a new pre-pay round sometime early next year, at $280 USD. Then you'll have to wait (like the current purchasers) for months, to get your product in hand.

So even though it could be 4 months, before you receive a set of the HA-FDX1s (from a 2nd round, at the increased price of $280 USD), you'll get to see the impressions of the participants from the 1st round.

Edit to add:
There is a pair of the original FD01s listed in the for sale forum
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-jvc-ha-fd01-with-james-mods.916055/
Thanks, I'm not in hurry but there is some time to wait from what I see.
FD01 has to be modded and I want to avoid this.
I'm also very curious about a direct comparison with the IE800S, if someone can spot the main differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back