Dont like IEMs. Any 'earbuds' out there in the $25-30 range ?
Nov 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

goodsound

100+ Head-Fier
I dont like inserting IEMs into my ear canals. I am ok with the apple ipod style earbuds. I just need something a bit more comfortable and better sounding. What can I consider for earbuds in the $25-30 range ?

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 24
The new Apple EarPods have been getting good reviews here.  If you don't want to try them, Sennheiser is still making decent earbuds:  MX-470, MX-580.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 24
Those are not in current product lineup of Senn so I guess they are not made any more. Any others ?
I know about the 250+ IEM compare thread, I wish there was one for earbuds.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 24
Before venturing into IEMs, I had those Sony earbuds which came out with the earlier Sony walkmans. Sounded great but the most annoying thing was loosing the cushion that came with the earbud. After that I had to place it back onto my ear without the cushion.

You can still find them (Sony earbuds) in walmart for $9.99. It also comes with a protective case which you can spin around and watch in amazement
L3000.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 24
Even after the Hisound Live, M2C, PMX680(modded), MX471, MX880, Cresyn, etc, on and on, the JBL Tempo are up there with my all time favorites.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:
I dont like inserting IEMs into my ear canals. I am ok with the apple ipod style earbuds. I just need something a bit more comfortable and better sounding. What can I consider for earbuds in the $25-30 range ?

you can still find the Sennheiser MX580 at amazon or ebay, i bougth mine for 28 bucks a few months ago, also got the new Apple earbuds,  IMHO the MX580 sounds better, got less bass but a more coherent sound, with better mids and highs.  but thas My Opinion.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:
World Wide Stereo has the MX581 for $25 via ebay. Check out ClieOS' review (posted by wskl above) for more info on those.
They also have the JBL Tempo Earbuds for $11.50. I haven't tried the JBL's yet but I do have a pair on the way.

+1

from what i know, the 1 model is for smaller ears and thats a red version, so it should sound exactly like the 580.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 24
Even after the Hisound Live, M2C, PMX680(modded), MX471, MX880, Cresyn, etc, on and on, the JBL Tempo are up there with my all time favorites.

I'm glad I decided to give these a shot! Can't wait till I receive them later this week.

so wwstereo off ebay or buy.com would be safe ? (worried about counterfeit and all..)
I might give the JVC HA-F150 a try.

I know for a fact that World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for Sennheiser. I believe they may be the same for Harman (i.e. AKG, JBL, etc.) as well. I've purchased from them a few times and can personally recommend them.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #12 of 24
+1

from what i know, the 1 model is for smaller ears and thats a red version, so it should sound exactly like the 580.

They don't, actually. Here.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #14 of 24
Yuin makes some nice earbuds, you might want to look into them. I own the EarPods, great balanced sound but severely lacks detail, sparkle and refinement up the top, and the soundstage is non-existent. Seriously the soundstage is SO BAD it feels like my head is getting crushed - although that might be because I've been pampered by AKG K701's mammoth soundstage. Still I'd recommend them for your price, they aren't bad so long as your ears aren't accustomed to top tier IEM sound.

Edit: The earpods are very, very comfortable and don't fall out either. A great design by Apple. The sound is really the only part which needs improvement.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #15 of 24
Thanks!   are you affiliated to Sennheiser?   

By some people's standard, probably yes. By common understanding of the word 'affiliated', no :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back