Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Oct 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #46 of 569
speaking of prices...newly released ocharaku donguri dual costs around 500usd
new flat4 costs around 800usd (but you can find used for around 500usd)

and i have yet to find iem with same clarity, vast soundstage and timbral rendition as ocharaku...

Ocharaku is great. one of the best regardless of the price.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #47 of 569
Oct 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #49 of 569
I love the Ocharakus, used to own the Kaede, but they have no isolation at all, not very ergonomic due to the absence of neck cinch, and quite fragile cable wise. Sound is indeed very good.

no isolation means vast soundstage with lots of "air" which is imo much better sound-wise then "vacuum" feeling of most iems/ciems

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #52 of 569
thier recent models have neck cinch
smile.gif

Good to know...I might try. But still no isolation 
triportsad.gif

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #57 of 569
I love my kaede however it is way too fragile for my daily use. Dita IEM for me has passed the durability test.
While both are niche the reason for it varies.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #59 of 569
kaede never meant to be worn outside

i haven't listened to any of the ditas but i remember you placing kaede above the truth

For orchestral and any music with wise soundstage and deep bass kaede has remains my top choice, it is just a waste soundstage but Dita perhaps is more suitable for pop and jazz as kaede sound fatigues rather too quick.

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #60 of 569
For orchestral and any music with wise soundstage and deep bass kaede has remains my top choice, it is just a waste soundstage but Dita perhaps is more suitable for pop and jazz as kaede sound fatigues rather too quick.

pop/rock often have poor/mediocre mastering which becomes evident with kaede

right now the main contenders formed to potentially overthrow kaede from the top are campfire vega and dita dream. both are more expensive than kaede while the sound quality is still a mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back