Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Oct 23, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 569
From their FB page:

"The Answer to the Truth lies in Dream"

7 years ago, we had a dream.
It took us 3 years to come out with the Answer & the Answer Truth Edition, both setting standards for sonic purity and impeccable built quality.

Raising the bar higher was a tough challenge that took us a further 4 years to perfect.

Today, we are proud to release our flagship model in our 3-model line up, the Dream.

The Titanium Black Dream is made in Japan and is equipped with custom cables specially made for us by the venerable Dutch cable company, Van den hul. An all new custom dynamic driver powers the Dream with a smoother mid-band and bass that reaches even lower with greater control. Dream is also equipped with the Awesome plug that allows you to change from single ended to balanced connection. A totally redesigned chassis made from Titanium for better fit and sonics. All theses were done to bring you closer the music.

- The answer to the truth lies in Dream.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 569
think no official words yet. But read alot of comments from japanese social media platform saying that the price will be high. I guess possibly around 2000usd?

Alright. I am $1 short of being right. Retail price is US$1999 and expected to release by end of year.

Information of japanese media news: http://www.stereosound.co.jp/review/article/2016/10/24/50550.html

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #23 of 569
puh - pricewise the Dream becomes a nightmare. Is it only me or are most prices for decent IEMs are going a tiny bit over the top recently....I would have ben interested but I better spend around 400 bucks to get an E70 or an Etymotic. 

I have no doubts that the Dream will be a decent IEM, but no way it sounds to justify that price difference.

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 569
Yea, they werent thinking much when they name and priced it that high. Considering how the price is in USD it will becoming even higher when converted to AUD (or worst SGD, their home crowd). 

Still I will do my best to hear it, they do know their staff and they do have an ability for tuning things. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 569
Yea, they werent thinking much when they name and priced it that high. Considering how the price is in USD it will becoming will be even higher when converted to AUD (or worst SGD, their home crowd). 

Still I will do my best to hear it, they do know their staff and they do have an ability for tuning things. 

I read that many are interested in buying one after hearing it over the weekends at the headphone fes but changed their mind the moment they heard the price. LOL.

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #30 of 569
  As per usual head-fi logic the "Dream" (1999 USD) is expected to be three times better than the "Answer" (649 USD)!

Nope. We where just hoping that they do not follow the greedy trend of other makers (and please no lectures on diminishing returns and amortizing R&D costs, I have heard it), other makers such as JH Audio, Astell&Kern, 1964 ears, who said : well, the guys will pay 2k so why not ! More money for us.

In that respect I find Campfire Audio commendable. After putting out a 1k iem beating several 1.5-2k competitors, it only progresses by 20% for the Vega.

Despite what makers seem to think, people will not buy 5k iems, or at least not in the same quantity as 1k iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back