Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
May 15, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #558 of 569
Looks like an Existence Theory headphone which the Dream sort of was. Maybe I should've kept it. I'm just more comfortable with the Sennheiser developed airscope value which I call the radiophonic effect.

May 15, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #559 of 569
Oh wow. That’s a pity, I was looking forward to these. But that’s out of my budget as well.
I'm saving for it, it will be my last purchase before I leave this hobby.

My DAP is all set up, and I'm truly happy. I always had a thing for the OG dream, which this is said to be an evolution of .

Looks like an Existence Theory headphone which the Dream sort of was. Maybe I should've kept it. I'm just more comfortable with the Sennheiser developed airscope value which I call the radiophonic effect.
If you search on Twitter for impressions, you will come across impression suggesting how different Perputa is. Almost all impression made do make a reference to the cost, few actually state they understand why it cost what it cost.

It was funny to read this as the same post make a difference to some other brand which exhibited with them and they basically could not compete with Dita.

May 24, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #560 of 569
The price has been confirmed, $2,999 USD. I will make a new thread in the coming days. Dita audio has been kind enough to let me borrow as my credit card is still recovering from the N8ii purchase.

Im planning to add this to my collection if it is a revolution from the first gen Dita Dream.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #561 of 569
Price has been confirmed, $2,999 USD. I will make a new thread in the coming days. Dita audio has been kind enough to let me borrow as my credit card is still recording from the N8ii purchase.

Im planning to add this to my collection if it is a revolution from the first gen Dita Dream.
Difficult to justify this level of pricing for a pair of single-driver earphones. I owned the original Dream and they certainly delivered tremendous detail with a large soundstage and impressive sub-bass, but the Perpetuas will face stiff competition from the IE900 & IE600s.

May 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #562 of 569
Difficult to justify this level of pricing for a pair of single-driver earphones. I owned the original Dream and they certainly delivered tremendous detail with a large soundstage and impressive sub-bass, but the Perpetuas will face stiff competition from the IE900 & IE600s.
You have a point but I look at PPT (or any of Dita products) as IEM made with a purpose and that is getting the most sonic performance from the part.
They stayed true to their design philosophy. PPT is a complete package, from wire, to driver. You will not want to mod anything about it, nore swap the cable.

Looking at the other flagships, you end up doing that anyway and they end up costing more than the IEM itself.

I have my IE900 and love it. It's issue is soundstage.

I will remain hopeful until PPT arrives.

May 25, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #563 of 569
You have a point but I look at PPT (or any of Dita products) as IEM made with a purpose and that is getting the most sonic performance from the part.
They stayed true to their design philosophy. PPT is a complete package, from wire, to driver. You will not want to mod anything about it, nore swap the cable.

Looking at the other flagships, you end up doing that anyway and they end up costing more than the IEM itself.

I have my IE900 and love it. It's issue is soundstage.

I will remain hopeful until PPT arrives.
People will be willing to pay if the Perpetuas deliver the goods sonically. Unfortunately by setting the price so high Dita aren't giving themselves much room for error, though I suppose in the funny way this hobby works setting a high price effectively acts as free marketing because some audiophiles automatically equate price with quality.

Understandably the nature of economies of scale, R&D costs and doing things like finishing enclosures by hand drives up prices. Dita aren't a large company like Sennheiser so a certain amount of price premium is expected, but USD $3k for single DD earphones is a tough sell when Chinese manufacturers are delivering better & better products every year. THIEAUDIO Elixir at USD $209 for instance, you'd hope would not be comparable sonically for less than 7% of the price.

May 25, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #564 of 569
People will be willing to pay if the Perpetuas deliver the goods sonically. Unfortunately by setting the price so high Dita aren't giving themselves much room for error, though I suppose in the funny way this hobby works setting a high price effectively acts as free marketing because some audiophiles automatically equate price with quality.

Understandably the nature of economies of scale, R&D costs and doing things like finishing enclosures by hand drives up prices. Dita aren't a large company like Sennheiser so a certain amount of price premium is expected, but USD $3k for single DD earphones is a tough sell when Chinese manufacturers are delivering better & better products every year. THIEAUDIO Elixir at USD $209 for instance, you'd hope would not be comparable sonically for less than 7% of the price.
Anytime you deal with Titanium your cost just skyrockets.
I remember at uni I did a material design engineering course and at that time Titanium alloy tooling resulted in 90% rejection rate. That was 25 years ago, things have surely gotten better.
I would never know the rejection rate of tooling the PPT or the amount it cost to match those custom drivers.

I once wanted to commission a high end earbud. I remember the German drivers alone costed $300 each (matched drivers). The brass body was another $250, cable was $600 and it became close to $1500 for an earbud. I still want to commission it one day but after understanding how much more complicated R&D for single dynamic driver is ( as if you you really need to have all the parts right as you have no crossover to play around with) my love for single dynamic driver solidified.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #565 of 569
Owning both the XLS and the og Dream. I really prefer the old one.

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #567 of 569
Owning both the XLS and the og Dream. I really prefer the old one.
I actually have both the og Dream and XLS as well. I found the OG Dream was a technical beast with excellent sub bass and effortless details.

The XLS adds more warmth to the tonality while having better details/layering but delivered in a more covert manner rather than the overt nature of the OG Dream. Personally preferred the XLS as it is more natural to my ears haha

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #568 of 569
I tried Perpetual at Chicago Canjam. Sound is good and the bass has improved a lot, however, the $3000 price tag doesn't really make sense to me comparing to it's competitors. Btw the old dreams fit better in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back