Disassemble Sansa Clip
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mrbrad

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know the best approach to opening a Sansa Clip? I have searched the internet and found photos of an open Clip, but no guidance for how get the case opened. I would sure appreciate any help you all could offer.

Thanks. Brad.

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know the best approach to opening a Sansa Clip? I have searched the internet and found photos of an open Clip, but no guidance for how get the case opened. I would sure appreciate any help you all could offer.

Thanks. Brad.

i recommend a hammer. A large heavy hammer. garantued to get it open.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Nov 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 10
I finally used a small screwdriver and pryed it appart. I nicked the plastic case, but didn't break any internal parts. I then soldered the broken wire from the battery and put it back together. It is now working.

If anyone else needs to do this for Clips that won't power on (this is a common problem documented in the Sansa forums), start on the sides near the usb/headphone connectors, work toward the top and do bottom last.

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for posting your success, I had the same problem here.  The thin strips of double-sided tape used to secure the Li battery failed, and the loose battery caused the red battery wire to break-off where it was soldered to the circuit board.  I re-soldered the wire, secured the battery with better tape, and it now works again, albeit with a marred case where I pried it open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back