DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #886 of 1,058
No burn in required IMO for the KC06A. Been listening to them since Friday and there's hardly any change in SQ. They're enjoyyable straight out of the box

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #887 of 1,058
No burn in required IMO for the KC06A. Been listening to them since Friday and there's hardly any change in SQ. They're enjoyyable straight out of the box

Exactly!  Go to their webpage (KC06 and KC06A the same in that respect): http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and scroll down to their graph of burn in.  They reach 100% sound in a very short time, less than an hour!!!

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #889 of 1,058
Indeed there is distinctive sonic changes as this burn in continues for last 30 hours or so. Also very source dependent as well. Straight out of my iphone 5s, bass is still boomy and mid is congested. Out of my desktop and portable dacs, it sounds much better. Technically almost as good as the Rockets. DSG100 has better sub-bass extension and slightly more perceived instrumental separation. However, Timbre, mid range detail and soundstage still better on Aurisonics.

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #890 of 1,058
First, let me give you my background. I have been into home audio since a very young age. There's something about a high quality sound that puts music and movies on another level for me. I crave HIFI sound that has a "wow" factor to it. I do appreciate a flat signature, and I don't mind treble oriented IEMs (as long as they are tuned right). All in all, I love HIFI stuff. Quality bass with sub texture and fast attack and good tone, Strong timbre, quality mid range, great stereo imaging, good clarity, micro details, and accurate treble that isn't to harsh or sibilant are all things I look for. I'm not trying to find an IEM that sounds like real life. If that's what you are after I respect that fully, but if I want real life sound, I have a real life to go experience that.
wink_face.gif
 Long story short, I'm not an audiophile, I'm just a guy who spends way too much money on personal audio gear, and in search of that "it factor" sound. And NO, ITS NOT BEATS!!!
basshead.gif

This is pretty nicely put. Rather than being all OCD about your hobby, just enjoy the **** off your gear.

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #891 of 1,058
This is pretty nicely put. Rather than being all OCD about your hobby, just enjoy the **** off your gear.
lol, amen to that. When listening to headphones and iems isn't fun anymore, I'm selling everything I have and starting a new hobby. I don't see that happening any time soon however...

Cheers

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #892 of 1,058
Kc06A is very good as well (200hrs required) :wink:

Exactly!  Go to their webpage (KC06 and KC06A the same in that respect): http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and scroll down to their graph of burn in.  They reach 100% sound in a very short time, less than an hour!!!

80% in 1hour I think :sweat_smile:

90% in 6 hours. 100% 200 hours. @mochill may be correct according to the graph here.

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #893 of 1,058
Indeed there is distinctive sonic changes as this burn in continuously for last 30hours or so. Also very source dependent as well. Straight out of my iphone 5s, bass is still boomy and mid is congested. Out of my desktop and portable dacs, it sounds much better. Technically almost as good as the Rockets. DSG100 has better sub-bass extension and slightly more perceived instrumental separation. However, Timbre, mid range detail and soundstage still better on Aurisonics.
awesome comparisons friend. The rockets are pretty fascinating to me. Sadly I missed out on the promotional pricing for these :cry:

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #894 of 1,058

Doesn't matter what the graph says. If you hear a difference with burn in then there's a change if not then it's not. I've got close to 100 hours on these KC06A and there's hardly any change. They sound fantastic when I cracked them open and they still do now. They're a little smoother but probably more likelt because I got used to the sound. Going from my TH600 to them make them seem harsh again, then after a little while my brain adjusts and it sounds great again

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #895 of 1,058
Doesn't matter what the graph says. If you hear a difference with burn in then there's a change if not then it's not. I've got close to 100 hours on these KC06A and there's hardly any change. They sound fantastic when I cracked them open and they still do now. They're a little smoother but probably more likelt because I got used to the sound. Going from my TH600 to them make them seem harsh again, then after a little while my brain adjusts and it sounds great again

I know it does not matter. Even if it did you reach 90% within six hours. Which makes waiting for the 200 hour point a major waste of time. Doing this you are just losing hours of enjoyment by burning and forgetting until then.

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #896 of 1,058
I know it does not matter. Even if it did you reach 90% within six hours. Which makes waiting for the 200 hour point a major waste of time. Doing this you are just losing hours of enjoyment by burning and forgetting until then.

110% agreed

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #897 of 1,058

90% in 6 hours. 100% 200 hours. @mochill may be correct according to the graph here.

You misunderstood the graph.  The intent is to show how "others" under a brown curve take 200hrs to reach their 100% performance, while KC06 (and KC06A) is at 90% of its performance out of the box and within 1-6 hours (again, not sure how to interpret that 1/6 marker) reach 100% level.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #898 of 1,058

You misunderstood the graph.  The intent is to show how "others" under a brown curve take 200hrs to reach their 100% performance, while KC06 (and KC06A) is at 90% of its performance out of the box and within 1-6 hours (again, not sure how to interpret that 1/6 marker) reach 100% level.

I stand corrected, and leaves most of looking at it wrong. Though my intent was to point out why would you wait such a long time to use a hp/iem when you are able to hit 90% almost instantaneously, or in a very short time (according to this chart). That is just a major loss in enjoyment.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #899 of 1,058
Agree with the statement above about these being source dependent. I think they need to be amped like Havi B3.

iBasso DX90 @ volume 200 -> Cayin C5 @ volume 3 or 4 -> DGS100 sounds a bazillion times better than straight out of the DX90!

And yes, I did carefully quantity that. I'm a scientist :thumbsup:. Really!

Everyone who's got DGS100 owes it to themselves and these IEM to try amping :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back