Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #481 of 903
Quote:
Beyer does too, the T5p.

Damn my memory! 
mad.gif
 /wrist2

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #482 of 903
Quote:
Damn my memory! 
mad.gif
 /wrist2

I dunno many people were not so impressed with the T5p AFAIK (going from memory here)

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #484 of 903
Quote:
I've been looking to get a pair of D2000 or D5000
but considering they are now d/c and the D600 are coming out...
Should I wait to see how the D600 holds up or grab the D5000 before it vanish from reality?

I would wait and pick a pair up on the sales forums because a lot of people will be selling the d5000s to get the new denons!

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #487 of 903
To be honest ,my very first audiophile gear (even though I'm mostly an IEM user, this one still predates my IEMs) is the D1100
I guess I just always got a softspot for the Dx000 line, and the D5000/D7000 just look so...gorgeous!
But considering that D5k brand new is somewhere north of $450 right now, more people are saying that the D600 sounds at least better than the D2000/D5000 and it seems it's getting harder and harder to get Denon to replace the Dx000s. I guess I should just wait :/ 

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #488 of 903
my denon's were cool.  then i realized i like my simple car stereo better.  something about the denon's sound that makes me only want to listen to music to try and see how it sounds through them but never to enjoy the music.  I never want to get up and do anything crazy while listening to my denon's but my simple stock stereo makes me want to drive fast and go do something with my life.  Maybe it's just the way that headphones in general present their music.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #489 of 903
Quote:
my denon's were cool.  then i realized i like my simple car stereo better.  something about the denon's sound that makes me only want to listen to music to try and see how it sounds through them but never to enjoy the music.  I never want to get up and do anything crazy while listening to my denon's but my simple stock stereo makes me want to drive fast and go do something with my life.  Maybe it's just the way that headphones in general present their music.

nothing strange, denons are very euphoric and smooth, so you feel almost hi, they are more chill out and just enjoy the music, especially when you close your eyes. They are not energizing. For that you should look for more aggressive cans.

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #490 of 903
Quote:

Try Grado.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #494 of 903
Quote:

They are also quite detailed and may cause the poster the same "problem".

They're HOT (read bright). Treble overshoot is a mess on them. They need to be tamed...The poster may want aggressive cans, but from experience as a former Grado-head, he'd better manage his treble EQ or risk serious fatigue.

Kojaku

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #495 of 903
Hmm... Knowing denon they will probably put a lot of effort into the sound reproduction of these headphones. Dam these look comfy though :) I'm very happy with my setup atm, Pro-ject Debut iii -> Schitt Asgard (best name ever) -> My favourite denon d5000's :) These headphones do look incredibly commercial if you ask me. They look so inspired from the likes of the beats line ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back