Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #496 of 903
Quote:
They're HOT (read bright). Treble overshoot is a mess on them. They need to be tamed...The poster may want aggressive cans, but from experience as a former Grado-head, he'd better manage his treble EQ or risk serious fatigue.

Kojaku

The 325 is the brightest of the Grados.  It is too bright (even harsh) for some--even Grado fans.  However, that is not true of MS-2i, which is toned down from the 325.

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #497 of 903
i know how to listen to headphones and euphoric sounding?....lol  i think not.  laid back, yes.  the mids are so recessed i can't even take the time to like the headphone unless it's with some trance or dubstep.  That is until vocals kick in.
Maybe because i'm energetic and hyper but i've never jammed out to my headphones.  They were neat.  Unfortunately it's almost like there's so much information going on that it seems more neat than something that makes my body want to dance to.  
probably just going to go buy a stereo system.  

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #498 of 903
^ I feel you, it's the same reason I don't like Denons or their presentation, they are not engaging sounding, for me I want headphones that give me that "want to dance" feeling which comes from the more "in-your-face" soundstage and the midrange is also rather relevant, recessed and distant sounding mids is a big no-no for me, I dislike V-shape sound signatures, I don't know why that's often referred as "fun", I'd have much more fun with an upside-down V-shape sound.

M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 = can't sit still in my chair when listening to hardstyle, it always becomes an instant foot-tapping, headbanging, moving around the arms and what not (until some1 enters the room and you start feeling embarrassed) ^^

Denon DN-HP700 however is the only Denon I truly like, it's totally different than Dxxx line, much more engaging to listen to with very forward / in-your-face mids. Very very underrated/overlooked headphone too that costs like cheapest $100 in the US, around 140 EUR in europe but to me performs subjectively more like $300 worth headphones.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #499 of 903
Interesting, have you had a chance to compare them to the DN-HP1000?

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #500 of 903
Quote:
Interesting, have you had a chance to compare them to the DN-HP1000?

No but other people which did thought HP700 was noticably better, HP1000 is an Audio Technica spin-off and HP700 is Denon made.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #501 of 903
Quote:

No but other people which did thought HP700 was noticably better, HP1000 is an Audio Technica spin-off and HP700 is Denon made.

I directly compared the 700 vs. the 1000 and couldn't agree more.

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #502 of 903
Quote:
^ I feel you, it's the same reason I don't like Denons or their presentation, they are not engaging sounding, for me I want headphones that give me that "want to dance" feeling which comes from the more "in-your-face" soundstage and the midrange is also rather relevant, recessed and distant sounding mids is a big no-no for me, I dislike V-shape sound signatures, I don't know why that's often referred as "fun", I'd have much more fun with an upside-down V-shape sound.

M-Audio Q40 + ZO2.1 = can't sit still in my chair when listening to hardstyle, it always becomes an instant foot-tapping, headbanging, moving around the arms and what not (until some1 enters the room and you start feeling embarrassed) ^^

Denon DN-HP700 however is the only Denon I truly like, it's totally different than Dxxx line, much more engaging to listen to with very forward / in-your-face mids. Very very underrated/overlooked headphone too that costs like cheapest $100 in the US, around 140 EUR in europe but to me performs subjectively more like $300 worth headphones.

Quote:
i know how to listen to headphones and euphoric sounding?....lol  i think not.  laid back, yes.  the mids are so recessed i can't even take the time to like the headphone unless it's with some trance or dubstep.  That is until vocals kick in.
Maybe because i'm energetic and hyper but i've never jammed out to my headphones.  They were neat.  Unfortunately it's almost like there's so much information going on that it seems more neat than something that makes my body want to dance to.  
probably just going to go buy a stereo system.  

Energizing is more the word your looking for. The denons definitely aren't, they are chill out phones. 
I only figured this out when I got a Hisound Popo. thats why I said your looking for a more aggressive headphone, they are generally more energizing, as a result of being much less chilled. I'm sure other will agree, personally if I had to do stuff and get hyped up, I would stay well away from the denons, unless I really wanted to do nothing that whole day.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #504 of 903
And it's not like many of you are going to be wearing them outside anyways.

I was at the airport and some clown walked by with a pair of full sized Dre Beats around his neck.

I got a good laugh out of that.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #505 of 903
holy cow,.....will someone make my day already .....or month and show someone wearing them while facing directly at the camera. I'm guessing they were trying to obtain optimal isolation by making the band go to the outside of the cups instead of the top inside creating more pressure.  Unfortunately i know they are going to look hideous because of this design lmao.

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #506 of 903
Quote:

Energizing is more the word your looking for. The denons definitely aren't, they are chill out phones. 
I only figured this out when I got a Hisound Popo. thats why I said your looking for a more aggressive headphone, they are generally more energizing, as a result of being much less chilled. I'm sure other will agree, personally if I had to do stuff and get hyped up, I would stay well away from the denons, unless I really wanted to do nothing that whole day.

I don't think I'd call D5k "chill out phones"  They're quite energizing.

Quote:

They honestly don't look too bad. I'm even starting to like the urban line. And it's not like many of you are going to be wearing them outside anyways.

And Denon demonstrates you place your $500 ultra refined headphone over the hair....because folks buying $500 love modding and adding acoustic damping materials....
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #508 of 903
And Denon demonstrates you place your $500 ultra refined headphone over the hair....because folks buying $500 love modding and adding acoustic damping materials.... :tongue_smile:

Hair has almost zero acoustic absorption. AB'ing wearing headphones with and without hair over my ear yielded no obvious difference.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #510 of 903
Quote:
I'd agree with you martin, regarding the white stitching, and it would work for someone looking from afar, but for me the misalignment of the faux stitching with the real black stitching turned me off even more. Why not just use white stitching?

Have you noticed that the stitching on the model is different with two layers of stitching compared to just the one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back