Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #451 of 903
I know it's a thread about the new denon but whom ever said these were ugly...............you crazy

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #453 of 903
Those are Jude's HD800's I believe

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #454 of 903
Those are Jude's HD800's I believe

Yes, they are. He posted them with his rig in the "Show us your head-fi station in its current state" thread.

Kojaku

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #455 of 903
Jun 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #457 of 903
I'm still on my old D1001's and P572's, which never quite worked in the sub £50 portable headphone class. However I would like to steer as many people away from the pervasive and tragic choices that are being made, re the explosion in what is know as 'Designer Headphones'. Denon's are the real deal. A far better choice than the very expensive 'Monster' headphones IMHO. Just need to get a bit of colour in the line up, and i'm sure my younger friends will be buying these in drives.

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #458 of 903
Quote:
I know it's a thread about the new denon but whom ever said these were ugly...............you crazy

It looks like a stylistic hybrid of Music Maniac and Urban Raver, but priced and voiced like an HD800.   Is this new line called "Countryclub Headbanger" Or "Bach Remixer"?
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #459 of 903
Quote:
I'm not fond of the soup server spoon cup holder

True, its unnecessary. Looks bulky,  makes the headphones heavier, you have a big piece of plastic doing a job that 2 hinges could do equally well or better.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #460 of 903
As long as 
a)they sound good
b)are comfy for prolong use 

I couldnt care how they look! It is not like you are going to wear those reference headphones outdoors! Anything which is designed with a 1/4 inch jack is a good hint for indoor usage!

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #461 of 903
Quote:
I couldnt care how they look! It is not like you are going to wear those reference headphones outdoors! Anything which is designed with a 1/4 inch jack is a good hint for indoor usage!

1) The feedback I've seen  yet, doesn't seem to indicate they would sound better than previous headphone (they would please to people that like the denon sound signature, all I  know). So you loose the beautiful design that was here.
2) The new  design seems intended for portability.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #463 of 903
Quote:
What feedback have you seen

Can't refind where it was stated that the sound from new denon line will please those who are already familiar with previous line. Never mind , here's an other review, I'm not sure it's not just advertising:

Quote:
Tuesday, June 5th 2012 - The Out of Box Experience.

This is something rather interesting.  The D7000 is a truly balanced and neutral sounding headphone and the D7100 really shows those same qualities out of the box.  The drivers will need a bit of time in developing the sound and sonic character.  So for the meantime, the sonic details and the sound-stage presence is delivered in the same fashion as with the now discontinued Denon Reference Audio Standard Line.  The D7100 may prove to be the next benchmark in the closed dynamic headphone category as even the Germans still fall into the same trap of closed and confined in sound-stage presence.  The Denon AH-D7100 has so far delivered a wide and expansive sound-stage presence with an exceptionally balanced frequency response range.  

The first twenty-four hours of listening has yielded quite impressive impressions.  Using the first album in the list of lossless albums, "Famous Blue Raincoat" by Jennifer Warnes makes for an excellent representation on how well the drivers are developed with the D7100.  The airy and warm notes developed by the double bass coupled with the exceptionally nasal like quality of the alto saxophone creates a veritable impression of being in close studio monitoring session.  Mind everybody reading this, the D7100 is the replacement of the D7000 reference headphone so it is not designed to be the type to be brought to one's office or local coffee shop.  Noise isolation is a bit better attenuated than with the D7000, but it isn't as good as with the Sennheiser HD280/380-Professional, so don't expect awesome outside noise cancellation.  The ear cups are furnished with high-quality materials for durability and long-lasting comfort during those exceptionally long listening sessions.  The headband is exceptionally comfortable for those long listening sessions as well so there won't be issues in regards to the top of the head being irritated for long wearer's comfort. 

Stay Tuned for Initial Listening Impressions 

http://yklee118.blogspot.com/2012/06/launch-of-new-denon-ah-d7100.html

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #464 of 903
I think the black ahd600 look the best out of the two, but if the ahd7100s are super comfy and the sound is up there with the best of them, i think i will get myself a pair!

Denon's awesome new headphones

Denon will totally revamp its line of headphones this summer..
by Steve Guttenberg
May 30, 2012 1:48 PM PDT

9_MM_AHD7100_Angle_Left_610x810.jpeg
Denon AH-D7100
(Credit: Denon)
I've always been a big fan of Denon receivers' sound quality, but now the company's really getting serious about headphones. Yes, it's made headphones for years, including some really nice ones, so I was unprepared for the radical rethinking of Denon's headphone line. I was treated to an advance preview of upcoming Denon, Marantz, and Boston Acoustics products on Tuesday in Mahwah, N.J.
The Denon AH-D7100 full-size, over-the-ear headphones were simply stunning. Supercomfortable, and the sound was seriously transparent. I've reviewed some of the best Denon headphones over the years, but the AH-D7100 was vastly better-sounding. Oh, it's also the most expensive set of Denon headphones ever ($1,200), but the $500 AH-D600s were also terrific, and better than the older, more expensive Denon headphones I've tried. The headphones were "98 percent" finished designs, so production units may be slightly different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back