Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #436 of 903
Quote:
i want a D5000 vs D600 round:D

^ this, although it seems more of an apples vs oranges comparision as every1 commented these are being very "transparent". Denon's D5000 purpose was something totally different. Just hope these new ones doesn't get too clinical sounding versus their older brothers.

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #437 of 903
Jun 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #438 of 903
so i will post some pictures in a minute but i have been spending most of the day gathering materials and doing the modding to the D2000.  I can't turn these headphones off!  I need to get off soon though because my desk area is mess right now lol.  
One thing i was worried about with these headphones was that if the mods fixed most of my problems, it still wouldn't help the slightly off timbre ,overall tonality.  It has though. Maybe not the best but way better. That echo is gone and cleared up a lot too. This is a completely different headphone.    The bass is no longer interfering with the mids.  Didn't realize what a mess they were.  I mean i knew they were bad but until it cleared up i didn't realize how bad. The bass now how its own spot and is tighter.  That's also partly to do with the noticeably larger sound stage.  Instruments no longer sound constrained but  still keep that nice black room that closed headphones offer.  The highs could still be better IMO.  Not bad though.   Really no more echo in the voices but i still feel like the high mids are a little fatiguing (maybe it's because they isolate better and more sound is being pushed into your ears and not leaking lol.)
The mids still sound a little recessed and now a little more hollow now they don't have as much acoustic resonance to fill them in. 
One thing that shows these headphones are better is that because the tonality is a little better, larger soundstage and because of less echo you pick up a little better details, the headphone doesn't blend the nastiness that is mp3 as well as it use to.
I would like to hear this headphone out of a tube amp now.

Cons about this headphone in general:
Sibilant ,.......very sibilant sometimes.  not all the time.
Mids are recessed

Pro's:
I do like the effect that closed headphones give. More so now that this headphone has opened up.

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #439 of 903
I definitely see the flaws in the d2000 more than ever.  Really not a good headphone to me.  Neat, i guess but too many things wrong for me to like them. Definitely getting sold.  Reading more on the HE-400.  Hope the new Denon line makes a move for the better. Then again i could have an amp that just doesn't pair well with the denon's or Dac even. Maybe the oxygen free cables will help out a lot more?  

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #440 of 903
People keep dissing the appearance of the HD800s in this thread.  I'm surprised, because personally, they look to me like something that Doc Brown brought back from the year 2045 in his DeLorean, and that automatically makes them look awesome by default (the Sennheisers, not the new Denons)

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #441 of 903
Quote:
People keep dissing the appearance of the HD800s in this thread.  I'm surprised, because personally, they look to me like something that Doc Brown brought back from the year 2045 in his DeLorean, and that automatically makes them look awesome by default (the Sennheisers, not the new Denons)

Indeed the future may look like the past. But a chrome plated sewing machine from the industrial revolution is not my idea of a futuristic design cue.

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #442 of 903
I don't think that many of the HD800-related posters honestly dislike the looks of the flagship Senn, but they were simply using the fact that some people DID take issue with it at the time of release as defense of the D7100.

Jun 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #443 of 903
I really can't believe people would diss the look of the sennheisers.  Anyone that is mechanically inclined to the slightest degree would realize that there really wouldn't be any other way to make the headphones. When i try on headphones, i always rate the ugliness of them by how far away they extrude from my head.  The sennheisers barelly do at all and they are a full sized headphone.  I think they are absolutely beautiful and a work of art.

Jun 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #444 of 903
Quote:
I don't think that many of the HD800-related posters honestly dislike the looks of the flagship Senn, but they were simply using the fact that some people DID take issue with it at the time of release as defense of the D7100.

The issue is a little different though. We hadn't seen anything quite like the HD-800 before. It was polarizing because people had to generate brand new opinions on a unique, brand-new shape. The issue that I think a lot of us take with this new series of Denons is that they look a bit like...yikes.
sl300wb_2.jpg
900x900px-LL-6719775a_29_MM_AH-D600_Front_Shot.jpeg

Kojaku

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #448 of 903
Jun 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #450 of 903

Users who are viewing this thread

Back