Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jul 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2,206 of 5,248
Another interesting article on the new Denon headphones: I liked it mostly for the pictures...a few more detailed pictures to see..
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/05/30/denon-new-headphones-new-docks-new-look

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2,207 of 5,248

What's this Control Wheel they mention on the Urban Raver lineup?  First I've heard of it, maybe I missed it in the thread?  They mentioned it on the D400 as well that lights up blue.
I might be more than a little disappointed that they are putting lights in headphones over at Denon.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #2,208 of 5,248
Quote:

What's this Control Wheel they mention on the Urban Raver lineup?  They mentioned it on the D400 as well that lights up blue.
I might be more than a little disappointed that they are putting lights in headphones over at Denon.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,209 of 5,248
My guess is that it is for controlling your ipod or something...but the lights part and controls I don't ever care for, something else to break and I don't use them most of the time and I certaintly wouldn't want them on a nice pair of higher end headphones messing up the looks and getting in the way and all...but I think those are aimed at a different crowd in general and all...

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2,210 of 5,248

"The AH-D400 ($399), the top of the Urban Raver line, resembles the D600, but adds a blue-LED-illuminated control wheel. The preproduction model we checked out had a LOT of low end."

I guess I saw the blue section on the headphone and read "blue LED illuminated control wheel" and thought that blue ring was an LED-lit section of the headphone.  I really hope this control wheel is not something that lights up on the headphones.  That's what had me a little worried.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #2,211 of 5,248
The Music Maniac AH-D600 looks pretty cool to me. It's a very different style than the current models, but if the sound quality is there, I'll definitely be getting those. Not like there will be much of a choice, seeing as the current models are actually going up in price.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,215 of 5,248
Well that's it guys, Denon has gone mainstream!  It's all coming together.  December 21 2012 truly is the end.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,216 of 5,248
Just bought a pair of D2000's last month and the right earphone is already dead :frowning2: Anyone else experience this? I've had this happen to crappy headphones in the past but they usually last at least a year or two. Makes me wary of purchasing any more Denon products.

Amazon still accepts a return but they'll only give me a refund instead of a replacement and the price of the D2000s has since gone up by $50. Anyone know how the Denon warranty process works? 

edit: plugged them back and turned my music down really low and both ears started working again. Turned the volume up and the right ear died again. Guess this pair is defective..

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,217 of 5,248
Quote:
Just bought a pair of D2000's last month and the right earphone is already dead :frowning2: Anyone else experience this? I've had this happen to crappy headphones in the past but they usually last at least a year or two. Makes me wary of purchasing any more Denon products.

Amazon still accepts a return but they'll only give me a refund instead of a replacement and the price of the D2000s has since gone up by $50. Anyone know how the Denon warranty process works? 

edit: plugged them back and turned my music down really low and both ears started working again. Turned the volume up and the right ear died again. Guess this pair is defective..

Well my Denon 5000s never gave such an issue. I bet you it's just an isolated case. There is warranty for that very reason.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2,218 of 5,248
I had some Sennheisers like that, the HD540RII. I sent them in to Sennheiser and they sent me a pair back that was great, not sure but I think it was just a loose connection. I would make an inquiry to Denon.

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2,219 of 5,248
Quote:
Well my Denon 5000s never gave such an issue. I bet you it's just an isolated case. There is warranty for that very reason.

Quote:
I had some Sennheisers like that, the HD540RII. I sent them in to Sennheiser and they sent me a pair back that was great, not sure but I think it was just a loose connection. I would make an inquiry to Denon.

These both. Seems surely to be fixed by them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back