Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jul 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,176 of 5,248
Quote:
Anyone who has had this problem can you shed some clarity on the issue? What driver is required to fit the screw, then what length fits in. There should be an instant link like, __________(blue), for the right tool for this issue.

Again, Denon must be contacted, en masse, and we should get the tool with the new packages.

Thanks guys - K

I am not sure what size the screw is, but given the space, I would say that an offset screwdriver should be able to get the job done.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #2,177 of 5,248
Quote:

I am not sure what size the screw is, but given the space, I would say that an offset screwdriver should be able to get the job done.

Thank you for responding. And sorry for the double posts everyone.

Now, do you think I could find an offset screwdriver just at a normal local hardware store (like Ace Hardware) ?

I'd love to find out the proper screw size to only buy one instead of a whole set as that'd save me a lot of money.

regular_smile .gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,178 of 5,248
How worried should I be about the ear cups coming loose and falling off?  Is it a common problem?  It sounds like a pain especially if I have to buy a special tool to install them again.  Do I really need to buy spare parts "just in case"?

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,179 of 5,248
Quote:
How worried should I be about the ear cups coming loose and falling off?  Is it a common problem?  It sounds like a pain especially if I have to buy a special tool to install them again.  Do I really need to buy spare parts "just in case"?

Isnt it just an issue of the screw backing out? Just take it out now and Loctite Blue it in there. Never have to worry about it again.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,180 of 5,248
Quote:
Isnt it just an issue of the screw backing out? Just take it out now and Loctite Blue it in there. Never have to worry about it again.

Loctite Blue it in there. 

Which tool to get it in ? an offset screwdriver? 

I'm listening to the headphones now, it's awesome you can reattach the cup after the left (or right) has fallen off, and they sit on the head nice, it just sucks for traveling because they need a plastic bag and napkins to cover the gimbal, so as not to scratch the cups.

I'll all good

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #2,187 of 5,248
Denon AH-D2000/D5000 used with a Fiio E9
I thought the Fiio E9's impedance of 10-Ohm would not be a good match for the 25-Ohm Denons.
Are Denon owners having good luck using the Fiio E9 to drive the 25-Ohm Denons?

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,189 of 5,248
I think the Asgard have an output impedance of 5ohms or 10ohms as well

I used to have a E7/9 combo driving my D2k and I quite liked it :D

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #2,190 of 5,248
I posted this on the deals thread, but just wanted to give the heads up to folks on this thread.  Got my D2000 for $250 today after talking to J&R over the phone. It's $299 on Amazon J&R Marketplace, but haggled it down. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back