Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
May 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2,076 of 5,248
Hey there guys. What would be a good price to pick up the D2000's new and D5000's used. I'm from the UK so we get charged extra anyway, but just wanted a general idea. Also When I auditioned the D2000 in the shop there was quite a large air gap at the bottom of the ear cup. I have a small head, so would this  headphone be pointless for me? Thanks

May 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #2,077 of 5,248
Quote:
Hey there guys. What would be a good price to pick up the D2000's new and D5000's used. I'm from the UK so we get charged extra anyway, but just wanted a general idea. Also When I auditioned the D2000 in the shop there was quite a large air gap at the bottom of the ear cup. I have a small head, so would this  headphone be pointless for me? Thanks

Just saw someone from UK selling D5000 for 350GBP in for sale forum

May 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2,079 of 5,248
My wife borrowed my D5000's last night and didn't take them off for 4 hours.  She's usually in bed by 9pm, and stayed up till almost 1:30am last night listening to music.

I think we have a problem 
wink.gif

May 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2,080 of 5,248
Quote:

You used to be able to get D2K's at £199.99 but it seems nowhere has stock now. I got my D5K used for £320 which I thought was okay. For £350 they are worth it considering they are being discontinued so the second hand price might increase.

I also have a small head, how do you mean there was an air gap? I can't see how this would happen unless the pads were not swivelled the correct way so the thicker part of the pad rests behind/under your ear.

May 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2,081 of 5,248
Quote:
 Also When I auditioned the D2000 in the shop there was quite a large air gap at the bottom of the ear cup. I have a small head, so would this  headphone be pointless for me? Thanks

Do you mean a gap near where your jaw begins (below your ear)? It's very common for people to have some gap with the stock pads. It can be helped by rotating the pads so they fit as snugly as they can (commonly lining up the seam with the cup "nut"), but as long as they're rotated, you shouldn't worry too much even if you have a small head. What really matters is how it sounded during your audition; did you like them?

May 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,082 of 5,248
I've got some D2000s coming my way!
So excited!

May 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #2,084 of 5,248
After reading up on the Denon Dx000 lineup all over the forums for like a year, I was sold already.   I've even had all of the DIY mod tutorials bookmarked for the past 9 months or so, knowing I was one day going to acquire some Denon cans.  Then I had a chance to get some time listening to a pair of D5ks a month or so ago and I was on a serious mission after that!!
Eventually gonna recable these D2ks with a D5k/7k cable, and later possibly go with wood cups.
I listen to 90% electronic music and I know these are going to get plenty of use.

May 10, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #2,085 of 5,248
Quote:

Do you mean a gap near where your jaw begins (below your ear)? It's very common for people to have some gap with the stock pads. It can be helped by rotating the pads so they fit as snugly as they can (commonly lining up the seam with the cup "nut"), but as long as they're rotated, you shouldn't worry too much even if you have a small head. What really matters is how it sounded during your audition; did you like them?

I tried rotating the cups, but it didn't help. There was still quite a gap as far as I remember. They were in a noisy shop connected to some unknown amp, but I wasn't impressed. Nothing really blew me away with the sound. Obviously under the conditions I listed most people wouldn't even consider that an audition 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

You used to be able to get D2K's at £199.99 but it seems nowhere has stock now. I got my D5K used for £320 which I thought was okay. For £350 they are worth it considering they are being discontinued so the second hand price might increase.

I also have a small head, how do you mean there was an air gap? I can't see how this would happen unless the pads were not swivelled the correct way so the thicker part of the pad rests behind/under your ear.

Yeah they used to be £200. Hmv had only reduced them to a few weeks ago to £260 from £200 instore, went a week later and all sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back