Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,967 of 5,248

Quote:
Can anybody compare the Denon D2000 to the Sennheiser HD25-1-II's?

I am considering of probably selling the Senns and getting the Denons, but never actually listened to the Denon D2000s

Quote:
You had to buy Denon but not to sell HD 25.

If you need portability and don't want to corner yourself in with only one headphone, try keeping the Senns.They are a little different sounding. HD25 gives a in-your-face kind of sound, not so much bass and is actually a pretty good (and "fun") headphone. D2000 sounds a little more distant, with a lot more bass response but a more laid back sound imo. Different music, different situations, different moods - all factors that could require different headphones from time to time.

Plus, the Senns are very much portable, which I wouldn't call the Denons.

So, if you can scrape up the money without selling the HD25, it'd be better for you, granted portability and isolation is of importance.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,968 of 5,248
I apologize if this has been asked before (searched several pages back, and on Google already), but how can I tell the difference between the new 2012 D5000 and the older ones?

I plan to go buy a pair next week and want to make sure I am getting the 2012 version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #1,969 of 5,248
Modifications to the Denon series hasn't been confirmed. Tyll cleared that up, on Innerfidelity, there were 2 graphs for each denon headphone, standard and 2012. The reason for this was because he was simply testing them again (in 2012), he mentioned that he would try to find the old versions to see if there were in fact differences (or whether they were different at all).

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,970 of 5,248
     Hey guys, to those of you who have modified your Denons(preferably looking at 5000s). Im looking for your opinions on the change of bass. or overall SQ. If anyone could, please tell me what youve done to the phones, and how you think it affected the sound.

Im really considering doing the Lawton mods/having them done, but im in love with how my D5ks feel and sound atm. Im worried that if i modded them, the bass may lessen or change(i listen to bass heavy music a lot, and I really love the punch it gives rock). Im mainly debating whether to do the lawton mods, or to buy the Nuforce HDP(or which one to do first), because I love the punch it gave the bass of the D5ks(the only thing that i think they are missing). I really just dont want it to take away from what id consider the punch of rock. So if anyone would do so either on here or PM id really appreciate it. :)

Thanks and Cheers, DD. 

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #1,971 of 5,248
 lee730 you said good things about the dacport lx... that's just a dac am i right? what amp are you using?
what about the  "regular" dacport? (not dacport lx, and not the low impedance mod).

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #1,973 of 5,248
Friends i sm about to receive me d5000 but still have no proper mobile source besides iphone 4.
Question is, will Cowon j3 properly drive this baby or should I use my fiio e11 with it? OR which mp3 player must I buy to drive it without an amp (i just sold my ipod vid+e11+lod combo for the sake of mobility)

Thanks big time!

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #1,974 of 5,248

Quote:
Friends i sm about to receive me d5000 but still have no proper mobile source besides iphone 4.
Question is, will Cowon j3 properly drive this baby or should I use my fiio e11 with it? OR which mp3 player must I buy to drive it without an amp (i just sold my ipod vid+e11+lod combo for the sake of mobility)
Thanks big time!

How much money are you looking to spend on a DAP? Look into the Studio V, Rocoo P, and DX100. Or consider getting an O2 reference amp from Epiphany Acoustic or JDS Labs.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #1,975 of 5,248
The resulting form factor is important for me. Thats why I am considering an ibasso t5 :) (so 150 usd is no big deal atm) If you have anything else like this ib t5, just lemme know. I want a j3+amp that can slide in and out my pocket.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #1,976 of 5,248

Quote:
The resulting form factor is important for me. Thats why I am considering an ibasso t5
smily_headphones1.gif
(so 150 usd is no big deal atm) If you have anything else like this ib t5, just lemme know. I want a j3+amp that can slide in and out my pocket.

Well Leckerton has some amazing amps. The UHA6 II is coming out soon and it looks to be quite portable. You may consider being a bit patient and picking up that amp. My UHA4 is amazing and I've heard nothing but praise for the UHA6. I'm sure that it will be very power, portable and musical.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #1,977 of 5,248

Quote:
The resulting form factor is important for me. Thats why I am considering an ibasso t5
smily_headphones1.gif
(so 150 usd is no big deal atm) If you have anything else like this ib t5, just lemme know. I want a j3+amp that can slide in and out my pocket.

The J3 drives my D2000 with no problems. I reckon it will drive the D5000 with no problems as well.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #1,978 of 5,248
The Denon D2000 with the MarkL mod and Mogami Recable sounds mighty fine! IMO, the recable made the biggest difference in improving sound quality, especially in mid and bass. If you want to save money, get the D2000 and mod it and recable. the D5000 is also amazing stock.

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #1,979 of 5,248
Got my open box 5000 dennon from Amazon/E-expo for under $400. Appeared to be new; rapped in plastic cable uncoiled ect..  Isolation is very poor. I was hoping for more. Ambient noise is hardly reduced at all.

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #1,980 of 5,248

Quote:
Got my open box 5000 dennon from Amazon/E-expo for under $400. Appeared to be new; rapped in plastic cable uncoiled ect..  Isolation is very poor. I was hoping for more. Ambient noise is hardly reduced at all.

What kinds of headphones were you used to? If it's IEMs, they would seem to have very poor isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back