Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Oct 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #1,426 of 5,248

Quote:
 (geez, first world problems!)

Hey, no kidding. I ordered mine last week in the hopes of getting it before the end of this week. The idea being that I listen for my first impression, put them on a loop with white/pink noise, then come back from my vacation in Korea a week later to test for burn in/maybe notice sound quality increase. Getting anxious now though, have the feeling it won't arrive until next week. First world problems.

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,428 of 5,248
Seriously hooked to my friend's D2000... Would the J$ pads improve noise isolation/leakage even slightly? I use it in my study room with my sister so yeah. It's not library silence level, but I still don't want to distract her by too much, nor want to listen to her youtube vids...

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #1,429 of 5,248

Quote:
Seriously hooked to my friend's D2000... Would the J$ pads improve noise isolation/leakage even slightly? I use it in my study room with my sister so yeah. It's not library silence level, but I still don't want to distract her by too much, nor want to listen to her youtube vids...

gives you a better seal, yes.

they isolate decently at normal volume levels with the J$, just don't get trigger happy.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,433 of 5,248
I have to return my friends' pair today... 
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,434 of 5,248

Quote:
Had no idea.  But I believe I have V2s.  I bought them in December of '09.

That might have something to do with it.

I have the V2s. But I read something about J$ changing the size for the V3s so they are pretty much the same size as the stock pads. Although I dont see the point in doing that.

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #1,436 of 5,248
I'm still waiting on JR to get a shipment of the d2000 in so they can send them to me. Denon's website also still shows them out of stock. JR shows them out of stock. I ordered them on the 23'rd of october.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,437 of 5,248

Quote:
After a long hiatus from the headphone world, I just received my pair of D5000s :)
Why haven't I gotten this earlier!? :-D

ha!  You started this thread!

Thanks to this thread, I've been rocking the D2000s for the past 2 years and I'm still in love with the sound.  They scale really well with a better amp/dac.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  This is where I want to be in Headphone-ia (not to rip off that site).

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #1,438 of 5,248

Quote:
After a long hiatus from the headphone world, I just received my pair of D5000s :)
Why haven't I gotten this earlier!? :-D

Check out the Denon 2000/5000/7000 Open-back mod. It will take them to a whole new level. I was about to sell my Denon 5000s, there's no way in hell I'm doing that now. The mod is simple and you can actually just test it before actually making it permanent.

Nov 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #1,439 of 5,248

Quote:

ha!  You started this thread!

Thanks to this thread, I've been rocking the D2000s for the past 2 years and I'm still in love with the sound.  They scale really well with a better amp/dac.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  This is where I want to be in Headphone-ia (not to rip off that site).

Try the open-back mod on them and that will take them to a new level :). Super tight bass, foward mids, large sound stage, EX1000 treble :).

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,440 of 5,248
I've had my D2000s for three weeks so far. Came from HD555s.  At first, I thought I may have made a major mistake not going with the HD650, the Denon's sound was just so far from what I was used to and I was finding the highs ear piecing.  After a couple hundred hours of use and a partial MarkL (just dynamatting in the cups, not over the driver), some foam over the driver and removing the extra stuffing I had put in the earpads (I had done this right off the bat and I think was the source of all my hate), I am finally falling in love with these. 
They are nowhere near as forgiving of poor recordings as the HD555s but that's a trade off for the crystal clear detail.  I've heard new things in two songs that I figure I've listened to hundreds of times over the last 15 years.  Right now I'm pumping Siamese Dream on them and falling in love with that CD all over again.
I've got the parts for a recable on order and am debating on woodcups. I'm still thinking about picking up a set of HD650s after Xmas so I don't want to drop the cash on a set of wood cups only to stop using the Denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back