Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
May 27, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #781 of 5,248

Quote:
Bleeeed bass. And by that you mean more... that's a good thing, right?
wink_face.gif

And if I may, what kind of music do you listen to?

Yeea, IMO, it's like a pair of subs attached to my head. If I want more bass, I just turn on the Enhancer plugin on winamp. But I'll mention that the jumper on my sound card is on the high setting, though it says not to use the high setting for low impedance cans. It doesn't seem to be a problem though.

I mainly listen to R&B, Hip-Hop, Smooth Jazz.

May 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #783 of 5,248
Just ordered D2000. Heads up that they're 209.99 on amazon right now. 

I'm excited!

Unfortunately it's going to be a while more before my dac/amp (probably Audio GD Sparrow) comes in.

May 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #784 of 5,248
Congrats! Keep us posted with your impressions.

May 28, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #786 of 5,248
Ordered D2000 off ebay .$290 Shipped to my country.Damn i just cant wait to lay hands on them
L3000.gif
.I auditioned them at Jaben fell in love with them instantly,couldn not purchase them at Jaben as my wallet was burning because of the iBasso Mamba.

Any members is New Zealand preferably Auckland can re cable them.I am very very poor at modding dont want to kill them.I hate the long cable
angry_face.gif
.Please PM me regarding the same

Cheers...

May 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #787 of 5,248
I'm not a fan of the cable in general, but I'm not going to pay anyone online more than the price of the headphones for a replacement.

minor inconvenience and probably the only thing that irks me sometimes.

May 28, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #788 of 5,248

Quote:
beerchug.gif

welcome to the club

Heh! Thanks!
I sure hope I like it here.
wink_face.gif

Expedited delivery so that I can have it for the long weekend! Supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. Jazzed!

May 28, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #789 of 5,248

Quote:
Heh! Thanks!
I sure hope I like it here.
wink_face.gif

Expedited delivery so that I can have it for the long weekend! Supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. Jazzed!

don't be scared about the bass at first..I was!  it can be very boomy and uncontrolled,but after an hour or two of initial burn in you will feel it gets tightened as well as your ears will get used to it.

May 28, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #790 of 5,248
Like everyone says the D2000 are probably around 90% of the D7000's.  It's just that when you're used to hearing that extra 10% you grow very accustomed to it.  Also if you have the J$ pads and the LA cups it takes it to a whole other level.  Just think tighter bass, bigger sound stage, less recessed mids, and much sexier.

If I didn't need the money I'd much rather stay with the D7000's.   If no one bites on them this week I'll probably end up just keeping them and pretend I never wanted to sell them in the first place.

May 28, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #791 of 5,248
Just got my D5K.

Initial impressions:
Good protective packaging.
Beautiful cans. Seem very well built. Love the cloth-covered cable.

Initial sound impressions:
Easy to drive with iPod (what can I say, I'm at work. It's all I got).
I was expecting bass… but I wasn’t expecting THIS KINDA BASS.
All ALAC – Lossless files. Sound is startling… in a good way. Big, full and rich. Detailed, good high and mids.
And that bass! Not used to it, even with the M50, which produces an exaggerated and slightly boomy / muddy bass. This bass is big, but seems very clean.

I like ‘em!
Obviously, this is a very poor test scenario, and I won’t be able to make any judgments of ‘value’ until I get them home and put some hours of Pink on it… and then hours of listening with my rig. But I really like what I hear so far.
beyersmile.png

Thanks to all for your encouragement and help.

shane

May 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #792 of 5,248

Quote:
plonter said:
the reason i still consider them as not "high grade" (probably more accurate term) is not the tag price,it's becasue they are terribly unleashed (bass and treble),and especially because the sibilance issue.  I can't consider a headphone with sibilance to be Hi grade. 

Not all of us find the D7000 to be sibilant.

May 28, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #793 of 5,248

Quote:
when I called Headroom headquarters to return them, the guy said he had to match "a lot" of Denon ear pads that have been sent back.

So people are sending these ear pads back. I don't get it, is Jmoney a member on here or something and everyone's trying to not offend him?

I wish I had sent my J$ pads back.  I have no issues with the build quality, and after a very long burn in the J$ pads finally became comfortable.  The problem for me is that the stock pads sound better.

May 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #794 of 5,248

Quote:
What kind of music do you guys primarily listen to?  My music tastes keep shifting but I've noticed that the stuff I listen to primarily is not guitar heavy.

Folk, Singer/Songwriter shading into rock.  Classical.  I have a guitar and I like guitar music.

May 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #795 of 5,248
I've been thinking about getting the Audio GD Sparrow for my D2000s as I mentioned above. However I haven't seen anyone with the sparrow or anything audio gd for that matter. Does it not match well with the D2000s or should I be ok buying one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back