DEAL ALERT (AMAZON): UE TripleFi 10
Sep 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 56

Quote:
What? lol..

dude, $298 is a steal for these...maybe a little too high if you are thinking twice about it, but wait until you see the quality of these. cool design too!

I had them before and returned them. I was comparing them to the IE8 and MTPC...I'd choose the TF10s any day. They really bring out the best in music and truly make you feel as if the band was right in front of your performing. If I was to spend this much on a pair of universals, it'd be those...otherwise it'd be customs.

That is not a steal. I'm with the others on this one, I wouldn't pay more than 150. I paid 137 total for mine a year ago and loved them but going to other top tier IEMs (UM3X, K702 (full sized), and the ER4S), they weren't all that great.

Quote:
Seriously! I wouldn't pay a penny over $100 for these. I think that's what they are worth considering name brand and sound quality. Even then, I might be tempted to opt for something like the SBA-01's from Fischer.

The market really has evolved hasn't it? I haven't heard/read about the SBA 01s but if I had 100 the Triples were pretty good for the value IMO. They did a lot of things right and with EQ you could get some great SQ with electronic oriented music.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #19 of 56

Quote:
LOL when is that show back on? 9 episodes and hiatus! OMG 

You watched that many episodes?  I thought Caprica was the replacement for water boarding.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 56
I'm surprised they're still this expensive. I paid around $350 I think about 3 or 4 years ago and always felt they were worth it. If they died I'll even buy another pair. No joke. I do think that they should have come down in price a bit. $300 is fair, but $250 is the perfect price. If you don't like the signature, you don't like it. So far I haven't found anything I like better. I always laugh when I hear people comparing the RE0 to them, but again it's just their opinion and mine is different. Maybe my RE0 is a fake or a defect. I haven't been able to get mine to sound good at all. I guess I haven't sold them since all my inserts are used and i'd have to get so more to resell it. The sound quality might sound good if I could get at least some bass out of them. Sometimes the bass even seems worse then the AD700.

I was thinking of trying the Westone 3 or the MTPC, but I think it won't be worth the risk unless I can get a good return policy. If I found my perfect IEM, then right now I just don't have a good enough reason to try anything else. I guess the only thing I'd change on the Triple Fi 10 is to try to make them smaller. This may be impossible though.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 56
$300 is a fair price for TF10, but not particularly great. IIRC, I paid that price 3 years ago, but it came with 2 years warranty back then (now only 1 yrs). If you can find it under $250 then it would be a deal, under $200 I would call it a bargain.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #22 of 56

Quote:
LOL when is that show back on? 9 episodes and hiatus! OMG 

I was actually refering more to BSG. Although I do watch Caprica as well. Don't think the show is going to make if they have these long hiatuses though. The general construction style of many buildings in Vancouver are just different enough then most U.S. cities that I could almost buy it being an alien world one million light years away.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #24 of 56

Quote:
Damn you all cheapest in Australia from a reputable reseller is $369!!!!

Normal price is like around 500.

Get a US mail forwarding service : D I use MyUS so that I will never again miss out on an Amazon deal if I want it...

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 56
Common online pricing even before the $99 X-mas deal screwed everything up was around $250 to $300.  After the $99 deal, they could be had for under $150 for the next 3-4 months.  Pricing has slowly risen since.  However, normal pricing now seems to be slightly higher than it used to be, for no reason really.  I'd keep an eye out on the For Sale section of the forum and on eBay.  You can still readily get a pair of these earphones for under $200.  There really is no point to paying $300 plus for these.  Logitech isn't selling these things to vendors for that much.  I think vendors are just riding the price rise for as long as they can.  I'd definitely hold out for any option that was more in the $200 to $250 range instead.  $300 just isn't a deal for these at all.

p.s. the Triple.Fi 10 has been one of my favorite earphones I've owned.  Grab a set of Comply TX-500 tips and fitment isn't an issue at all.  It's a little V shaped in response but super fun to listen to.  EQing can realy balance them out and make them a whole lot better from an analytical standpoint too.

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #29 of 56

Quote:
Okay...maybe I was being too mean. There is absolutely nothing wrong with if you like them.
beerchug.gif

That being said, I have never liked their sound signature and I think that they are overpriced way too much considering other options currently available from the likes of v-moda, hifiman and fischer audio.

Which earphones from v-moda aren't juss massive bloated bass cannons (just wondering)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back