DEAL ALERT (AMAZON): UE TripleFi 10
Sep 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #46 of 56
I think that the TF10 fit is an individual thing. I have had them since the Amazon deal and they fit me beautifully with the Sony Hybrid tips. The new cables work well for me - they are the most tangle-free cables I have. The TF10 is still my favorite IEM over MTPC, Custom3 , HF5, RE0, UE700, and all the other stuff I have.

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #47 of 56

Quote:
Your post doesn't make sense. What are you talking about? The build quality on the Triple Fi 10 is good with me. I don't even store mine in it's case and in 3-4 years it's still fine. Everyone keeps saying there are better IEMs for the same price, but they always fail to mention what this IEM actually is. Please explain, because I'd like to know. What sounds better then the Triple Fi 10 now for less or at the same price? I'm only asking because i'm curious.

BTW have you actually owned the Triple Fi 10 before?

From what I've owned
UM3X >>>> Triple.Fi 10

Granted and for the price they are at now I'm sure there are a lot of other ones. I've read countless times on here that the Triples do a lot of things good but nothing "Better" than everything else, and that statement is backed up by a lot of first hand review (including mine) over at the top tier universal IEM chart thread thingy (phew!). But yea, they're good but they just aren't amazing.

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #48 of 56
TF10s > MTPC without a doubt. The MPTC are amazing in everything, ESPECIALLY their built quality...wow. The only thing that sucks is, their sound signature is the most boring I've heard over time. They had to go. I do miss them, miss everything about them, but I knew they weren't going to suit me properly in the long run.

The TF10s cable quality is the closest as it gets to the MTPC from my own experiences.
Quote:
I think that the TF10 fit is an individual thing. I have had them since the Amazon deal and they fit me beautifully with the Sony Hybrid tips. The new cables work well for me - they are the most tangle-free cables I have. The TF10 is still my favorite IEM over MTPC, Custom3 , HF5, RE0, UE700, and all the other stuff I have.

Sep 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #49 of 56
Folks.
Here's the deal. Go to Amazon, spend $170 on the grandaddy of them all and never think about in ear headphones again!

That is what I did this week with a pair of Etymotic ER4S's (get the "P"s and an adapter if you want to listen right out of your source.

I am one of the number one fans of the IE8 but after taking time to find the right position in my ear of these ety's nothing else comes close!

Single driver, old technology, not flash looking but boy oh boy do they make music sound fantastic! Best $170 I have spent on "phones" in years and blows anything else I have (well, maybe not the Stax) out of the water!

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #50 of 56
Did that 5 months ago and wonder why am I still here
tongue.gif

Definitely need to listen to the 4S more....

Quote:
Folks.
Here's the deal. Go to Amazon, spend $170 on the grandaddy of them all and never think about in ear headphones again!

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #52 of 56

Quote:
The. cable. and the ridiculously stupid housing. Do YOU have a TF10? Those who own one and don't complain about the cable and housing have never owned any iem worth owning. People who own it don't NEED to mention a better iem because it's a given, unless confirmation bias kicks in. If you cannot make sense of my post then you have problems other than thinking the tf10 is a good iem. It's great for use while stationary, like at a library, or for last resort gaming at a LAN. Sound is nice, like bose, it attracts the mainstream crowd. The part where the housing attaches to the cable can be pulled out. The fact that a vital part of an iem can break so easily crosses it off the top charts. The cable itself is junk, adding another $50 to its cost while you buy an ES cable, which is a must. Fit is annoying but that's probably personal, yet there is no lack of people who dislike the strange housing shape. ANY other top tier iem has better build quality, and sound is so subjective that it's purely taste at the top. For example, the IE8 can't be compared to the TF10 properly because there will be some who like subwoofer like bass, and some who like recessed mids.

I've owned the Triple.fi 10 and a pile of IEMs "worth owning."  What's wrong with the Triple.fi 10 cable?  Maybe it has something to do with the newer Triple.fi 10s.  I think the cable was changed in some way.  I owned an older pair, and the cable was perfectly fine.

The Triple.fi 10 is one of the better IEMs I've owned and I've owned a lot.  Personal preference will always play a role, but from a technical standpoint, the Triple.fi 10 is certainly among the top few.  The sound signature may or may not fit your personal preference, but from a technical standpoint, they are quite good.

The fit is fine, if you spend the time to get it positioned right. 

All earphones can be compared, but you do need to make the effort to ignore personal bias and gauge the product on capability alone.

As for breakage, most IEMs are glued together plastic.  These things break.  I would agree that the Triple.fi 10 could stand to be built out of a little better material, but it still takes abuse to break it.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #53 of 56
I owned them a while back and sold it some 2-3 months later mostly due to fit. I didn't have a problem with the cable except that it was pretty microphonic and well it was damn near impossible to take the cable off the first time when I tried to do the flip mod. I never had a good fit or seal that stayed regardless of what tip used. The housing was also causing me physical pain unless I did the flip mod and even then it wasn't great. Sound wise it's good but just not my cup of tea. I have no problem saying it's up there as a universal earphone and can't think of any universal I've tried that would absolutely destroy it in SQ capability.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #54 of 56
My $99 pair are still going strong with the original cable. Keep hearing people telling me to go with the Westone cables to replace the OEM ones Still need convincing on that. So far, I've got good fit and great sound so no complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back