DEAL ALERT (AMAZON): UE TripleFi 10
Sep 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #32 of 56
I actually might refuse my shipment tomorrow and pick up a pair of IE8 @ JR for $275 or possibly $260. I spoke with a REP on the phone today and was ready to go pick them up but he told me they're closed until Saturday, so to call him back on Saturday. I just can't believe the IE8s are actually cheaper at JR than the TF10s...weird.

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #33 of 56

Quote:
I actually might refuse my shipment tomorrow and pick up a pair of IE8 @ JR for $275 or possibly $260. I spoke with a REP on the phone today and was ready to go pick them up but he told me they're closed until Saturday, so to call him back on Saturday. I just can't believe the IE8s are actually cheaper at JR than the TF10s...weird.

Make sure those IE8's aren't fake. I hear fake IE8's are rampant. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #35 of 56
It's JR, 100% authentic. Nonetheless, I always open the package on the spot and check

I don't know though, tough decision...gonna have to think fast before I receive the TF10s tomorrow.

To me, the IE8's I can't ever forget...the TF10s too...the IE8 sounded amazing because of their wide sound stage and dominant bass...but in the long run, they sort of sound common...boring I would call it.

On the other hand, the TF10 was a rush...sounded like the band was right in front me of...it really throws music at you...drums, bass, etc... Comfort, I would say the IE8 gets a 7/10 and the TF10 gets a 8.5/10.

Most people who say the TF10s are over priced are right, and I don't disagree...their quality is top notch, but the price just isn't really justifying. I mean I wouldn't mind paying premium for the TF10 or IE8, so I guess it all comes down to which will I enjoy and which will suit me in the longer run. Take a look at it though, all top IEMs are pretty much over priced...so don't go and step on logitech's marketing.
Quote:
Make sure those IE8's aren't fake. I hear fake IE8's are rampant. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #38 of 56
Deal? The cable means that they should pay ME to use their iems. At $100, it's a stereotypical Chinese iem, bad build quality but good sound. $150 is a good price, anything more is not worth it. There are many other much better offerings at $300, the tf10 is not one of them, an old king dethroned.

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #39 of 56

Quote:
Deal? The cable means that they should pay ME to use their iems. At $100, it's a stereotypical Chinese iem, bad build quality but good sound. $150 is a good price, anything more is not worth it. There are many other much better offerings at $300, the tf10 is not one of them, an old king dethroned.

Your post doesn't make sense. What are you talking about? The build quality on the Triple Fi 10 is good with me. I don't even store mine in it's case and in 3-4 years it's still fine. Everyone keeps saying there are better IEMs for the same price, but they always fail to mention what this IEM actually is. Please explain, because I'd like to know. What sounds better then the Triple Fi 10 now for less or at the same price? I'm only asking because i'm curious.

BTW have you actually owned the Triple Fi 10 before?

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #40 of 56
I think it's safe to say that the motto with anything of sound is "it's all subjective".  As gross as it may sound, I've auditioned m friends Triple Fi10 (using new comply foams of course) and to my ears, the GR8, FX700, UM3X, and IE8 eclipsed the Triple Fi10 because I didn't care much for its sound signature.  Among these, I found the UM3X sounding the most similar to the Triple Fi10.  I do commend you for being loyal to the Triple Fi10 as it's so easy to get on the bandwagon hype of the "the new IEM king" here on head-fi.

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #41 of 56

Quote:
 Among these, I found the UM3X sounding the most similar to the Triple Fi10.

Awhile back I was thinking of trying these out, but decided against it at the last minute. Instead I got the RE0 and hated them from day one, majorly disappointed because I wanted to like them. I guess I need to get some triple flange tips for them. The lack of bass ruins it for me. If I can find other headphones that sound similar to the Triple Fi 10 I'll be happy. After 4 years I would like to try some other IEMs just for fun. I was looking at the DBA-02, but it sounds like I may not like them due to it's brightness. I can't stand any harsh highs at all. Never had that issue with my Triple Fi 10, but I use the foam and it might "fix" that. I read a post that some special inserts can be used on the DBA-02 to tame the brightness down a bit, but maybe not. Someone posted that the bass on the DBA-02 is less then the SRH-840 and that doesn't sound good to me. Felt the bass on the TF10 was perfect and I was very lucky to not have any recessed mids. Probably my inserts. Hopefully the build quality on the DBA-02 is better then the RE0 and i'm sure it is.

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #42 of 56

Quote:
Your post doesn't make sense. What are you talking about? The build quality on the Triple Fi 10 is good with me. I don't even store mine in it's case and in 3-4 years it's still fine. Everyone keeps saying there are better IEMs for the same price, but they always fail to mention what this IEM actually is. Please explain, because I'd like to know. What sounds better then the Triple Fi 10 now for less or at the same price? I'm only asking because i'm curious.

BTW have you actually owned the Triple Fi 10 before?

The. cable. and the ridiculously stupid housing. Do YOU have a TF10? Those who own one and don't complain about the cable and housing have never owned any iem worth owning. People who own it don't NEED to mention a better iem because it's a given, unless confirmation bias kicks in. If you cannot make sense of my post then you have problems other than thinking the tf10 is a good iem. It's great for use while stationary, like at a library, or for last resort gaming at a LAN. Sound is nice, like bose, it attracts the mainstream crowd. The part where the housing attaches to the cable can be pulled out. The fact that a vital part of an iem can break so easily crosses it off the top charts. The cable itself is junk, adding another $50 to its cost while you buy an ES cable, which is a must. Fit is annoying but that's probably personal, yet there is no lack of people who dislike the strange housing shape. ANY other top tier iem has better build quality, and sound is so subjective that it's purely taste at the top. For example, the IE8 can't be compared to the TF10 properly because there will be some who like subwoofer like bass, and some who like recessed mids.

Sep 10, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #43 of 56

Quote:
Which earphones from v-moda aren't juss massive bloated bass cannons (just wondering)?

IIRC, I think it was the vibe. Sounded rather transparent to me. Not as transparent as a DBA-02 or UE-10. It was lacking a little in the top end and had a tad too much bass but it was rather good. Sounded nothing like a bloated bass cannon.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #44 of 56
While the old cable is indeed suck, the new cable actually works very well. I know as I just recable it with the new UE cable a few months ago. Ergonomically the design isn't great, but there is no such thing as a perfect IEM, just whether a user can learn to live with its flaw (or potential flaw). The fact is, you can find complaints on short coming in every single top-tier IEM in the market (SE530's cable, e-Q7's fit, IE8's isolation, SM3's nozzle, SE535's tight olive, UM3X's air bubble in the transparent housing, well, the list goes on...). I find TF10's cable and housing just fine - not perfect, but just fine, and I do consider myself to own some of the most worthy IEM around, or at least have tried some of them in person. But regardless how many IEM a person own or how worthy his/her IEM is/are, no one is qualified to tell others why they shouldn't enjoy their gears, especially when it comes to personal experience.

Quote:
The. cable. and the ridiculously stupid housing. Do YOU have a TF10? Those who own one and don't complain about the cable and housing have never owned any iem worth owning. People who own it don't NEED to mention a better iem because it's a given, unless confirmation bias kicks in. If you cannot make sense of my post then you have problems other than thinking the tf10 is a good iem. It's great for use while stationary, like at a library, or for last resort gaming at a LAN. Sound is nice, like bose, it attracts the mainstream crowd. The part where the housing attaches to the cable can be pulled out. The fact that a vital part of an iem can break so easily crosses it off the top charts. The cable itself is junk, adding another $50 to its cost while you buy an ES cable, which is a must. Fit is annoying but that's probably personal, yet there is no lack of people who dislike the strange housing shape. ANY other top tier iem has better build quality, and sound is so subjective that it's purely taste at the top. For example, the IE8 can't be compared to the TF10 properly because there will be some who like subwoofer like bass, and some who like recessed mids

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #45 of 56
ya and unless clieos mind has changed from when reviewing them the triplefi is his favorite from the bout loads he has tried. At the same time Im not automatically saying the triplefi 10 is great. More trying to push the statement how there is just no one iem to rule them all and it all comes down to preference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back