Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #376 of 6,001
Hey everyone, thanks for the nice reception! My thanks to everyone who has supported us, we love what we do and you make it possible!

We had our 9th anniversary this spring, and we wanted Stealth to be the embodiment of everything we've learned over the years as our technology and skills have grown.

Stealth took four years to develop and a lot of failures and experiments on the way, but we put our hearts into every part of this headphone, and for the first time even the packaging! We really hope you enjoy it.

For your enjoyment here are a few beauty shots (the red in the photos is a bit hot in the strap photos, it's more like the box).

Stealth-012 small.jpeg

Stealth-011 small.jpeg

Stealth-015 small.jpeg
I really love the stitchings, looks really good. Very interested to see more reviews and other Head-fier's experiences.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #377 of 6,001
I really love the stitchings, looks really good. Very interested to see more reviews and other Head-fier's experiences.
Hm, stitching, product name, and especially font of "Stealth" on headband are what put me off. I would love to see a revised version without the red stitching and without the product name on the headband. It's aesthetic/cosmetic, but then at 4k, everything should count.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #378 of 6,001
Why do people want real leather? It's not as long lasting, not as comfortable (if the fake stuff is any good), hot, and bad for the environment. What's the word on these pads?
At the asking price I want to have high quality leather. Like the ones on the Empyrean if you've seen them. Best in class

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #379 of 6,001
The silence on Dan Clark’s side here for a tour speaks that they probably will not even consider it

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #380 of 6,001
Regarding amping, I can only report on what I had in house while testing. First of all, this headphone will respond well and scale with better amps and a strong amp with good current will usually be preferable. Originally testing the Stealth I had a mjo2 with some nice NOS tubes. This was the most enjoyable combination for me overall. There was just something about the power of the mjo2 and the sweetness of the NOS tubes that made some real magic.

The MP THX AAA had surprised me initially but the more that I listened to Stealth with this amp, the more I missed the mjo2. When testing with hi-res music, I liked the THX but over time it fleshed out the music with a more "sterile" quality than I preferred. Good power and very clean though. If ultimate detail is your thing, you'd like this combo.

The last amp that I tested with was the Jot2. While the results were closer to the mjo2, it fell to a close second to the mjo2 in the end. The jot2 certainly needs high gain, as do the other amps mentioned here to get the Stealth to it's full potential. Jot2 has a sweeter tone for a SS amp and if you if prefer SS over tubes this amp would be a good choice. Just be prepared to go full balanced all the way to the headphone.

Edit...based on my experience, the LYR with a nice NOS tube would likely be a good budget choice and similar to the mjo2 that I tested.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #384 of 6,001
Yup, sadly, every time I see it I think Creative Labs Sound Blaster headphones. Even their branding with names such as "Evo" and "Tactic" could fit within the "Stealth" camp.

I very much hope DCA will release a matt black headband devoid of any ornaments or branding.
“Stealth Noire” with all black colorway, additional real leather pads, and all cable terminations included - $4999.

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #385 of 6,001
At the asking price I want to have high quality leather. Like the ones on the Empyrean if you've seen them. Best in class

The Build and the Construction/Industrialdesign from the Empyrean is to this Date unmatched/unrivaled

NOMAX

PS.and i am sure we are surpriced in the next weeks from Meze 😉

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #386 of 6,001
The Build and the Construction/Industrialdesign from the Empyrean is to this Date unmatched/unrivaled

NOMAX

PS.and i am sure we are surpriced in the next weeks from Meze 😉
The best tactics from each manufacturer is to release at last.
I would not buy anything at the moment hehe
Interesting times are coming...

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #388 of 6,001
Due to people trying to game the Club DCA system we have changed the policy so that your first discount is available 30 days after the first purchase.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #389 of 6,001
Due to people trying to game the Club DCA system we have changed the policy so that your first discount is available 30 days after the first purchase.
And this….. is why we can’t have nice things people.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #390 of 6,001
With all the comments about the headband, color and so forth, I just wanted to say I think it looks fabulous. One of the best looking headphones I have seen. And Red/Black is my favorite color combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back