Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #391 of 6,001
And this….. is why we can’t have nice things people.
You can still have nice things... in a month. It seems that another way DCA could have handled it is to rescind the Stealth club discount retroactively if someone returned the cheap cans purchased only to join the club. Since you'd basically be returning the cheap cans and receiving no money back in return, nobody would do it.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #392 of 6,001
Due to people trying to game the Club DCA system we have changed the policy so that your first discount is available 30 days after the first purchase.

Probably should have been that in the first place, anyway, it's not like the change makes it unfair at all.

Mobile carriers run promos all the time and you have to wait to get that credit on your bill (or debit card with the funds) until you're past the period where you could pull some kind of shenanigans to cheat the system.

You can still have nice things... in a month. It seems that another way DCA could have handled it is to rescind the Stealth club discount retroactively if someone returned the cheap cans purchased only to join the club. Since you'd basically be returning the cheap cans and receiving no money back in return, nobody would do it.

Yup, I've seen it done that way, too.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #393 of 6,001
With all the comments about the headband, color and so forth, I just wanted to say I think it looks fabulous. One of the best looking headphones I have seen. And Red/Black is my favorite color combination.
I don't particularly like the red stitching, but if the Stealth sounds as good as advertised, it will be zero factor in my purchasing decision.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #394 of 6,001
I don't particularly like the red stitching, but if the Stealth sounds as good as advertised, it will be zero factor in my purchasing decision.

Yeah, I have preferences when it comes to looks, but if the sound is stellar, the looks become really a distant secondary concern.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #395 of 6,001
With all the comments about the headband, color and so forth, I just wanted to say I think it looks fabulous. One of the best looking headphones I have seen. And Red/Black is my favorite color combination.
Agreed

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #396 of 6,001
Due to people trying to game the Club DCA system we have changed the policy so that your first discount is available 30 days after the first purchase.

What people. I'm sorry that happened to yall. Can't say I'm suprised unfortunately, but I am sorry.

Exactly where I'm at. Would i prefer stealth switching in black? Absalutely. Not a single doubt in my mind. Will the red stop me from buying if I like them? Not a chance

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #397 of 6,001
There we go. Exactly what I think.

The Build and the Construction/Industrialdesign from the Empyrean is to this Date unmatched/unrivaled

NOMAX

PS.and i am sure we are surpriced in the next weeks from Meze 😉
Wrong thread mate. Haha

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #398 of 6,001
I had held mum on this note, because I am almost certainly an outlier here, but I have a very nice fully decked out, fully reclinable XL “gaming” chair in the office that is red and black, with a PC built with the pinnacle of nvidia gaming tech, lit in red, with a pc monitor that also tops the charts Under lit with red. Red backlit keyboard as well. Now this GORGEOUS headphone comes out with what I will call subtle (compared to my personal office flare) red and black and I’m all in lol.

It will indeed be used primarily for gaming, but with more than a few strategy games that get their sound turned off, with the PC tidal feeding my hifi rig and in sonic Nirvana the whole time. Currently floating on the ether CX cloud (basically the Apogee of possible gaming headsets) awaiting this stealth masterpiece to elevate even that.

when people say it looks like a gaming headset I just smile inside because to me that’s EXACTLY what it looks like and I’m drooling.

**On an important side note, just how problematic is the red stitching when it’s touching your head and you are laid back fully in your chair, with your eyes shut in audible bliss?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #400 of 6,001
The red stitching does look a bit loud/tacky. Kind of an ironic aesthetic decision for a headphone named 'stealth'. But ultimately a non-issue to me because it's all about the sound. If appearance mattered, I'd toss my Abyss TC in the trash.
So I have been asking my wife to guesstimate how "good" headphones are, based on their design. I noticed that she mainly looks at how premium the headphone looks, and with that judges the price. I asked her what she thinks about the stitched pads, and for her, it definitely reduces the price. She said it looks like "one of those gaming chairs".

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #401 of 6,001
So I have been asking my wife to guesstimate how "good" headphones are, based on their design. I noticed that she mainly looks at how premium the headphone looks, and with that judges the price. I asked her what she thinks about the stitched pads, and for her, it definitely reduces the price. She said it looks like "one of those gaming chairs".
I’ll get a pic of the war room once home, she ain’t lying, and those taking chairs can hit $750!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #402 of 6,001
I had held mum on this note, because I am almost certainly an outlier here, but I have a very nice fully decked out, fully reclinable XL “gaming” chair in the office that is red and black, with a PC built with the pinnacle of nvidia gaming tech, lit in red, with a pc monitor that also tops the charts Under lit with red. Red backlit keyboard as well. Now this GORGEOUS headphone comes out with what I will call subtle (compared to my personal office flare) red and black and I’m all in lol.

It will indeed be used primarily for gaming, but with more than a few strategy games that get their sound turned off, with the PC tidal feeding my hifi rig and in sonic Nirvana the whole time. Currently floating on the ether CX cloud (basically the Apogee of possible gaming headsets) awaiting this stealth masterpiece to elevate even that.

when people say it looks like a gaming headset I just smile inside because to me that’s EXACTLY what it looks like and I’m drooling.

**On an important side note, just how problematic is the red stitching when it’s touching your head and you are laid back fully in your chair, with your eyes shut in audible bliss?

Tbh, its kind of annoying cause flashy = I have to explain and give demos to coworkers who I then lie about cost to. Not a single person asked a single question about diana v2. I genuinely almost kept them specificaly because no one asked questions

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #404 of 6,001
You can still have nice things... in a month.
Exactly.

It seems that another way DCA could have handled it is to rescind the Stealth club discount retroactively if someone returned the cheap cans purchased only to join the club. Since you'd basically be returning the cheap cans and receiving no money back in return, nobody would do it.
That can be gamed, too. You could use a debit card with just enough money on it for the price minus the discount, and then when DCA tries to charge the discount, they can't.
But along those line I think he could charge the full amount, and automatically credit back the discount once the return period for the initiating headphone has expired unused. One would hope that most people buying a $4000 pair of headphones would be able to deal with having to wait to get the discount back.

But I think it's totally fine this way, this is meant for existing customers anyway, so 30 days shouldn't matter for most of the intended audience.

Exactly where I'm at. Would i prefer stealth switching in black? Absalutely. Not a single doubt in my mind. Will the red stop me from buying if I like them? Not a chance
Agreed. I did think this is a gaming can at first with that design and name, but it's still subdued enough to not put me off, and it's somewhat growing on me. It would be nice if it looked as refined as the Ether 2, but it'll do.

I'm wondering whether the name comes from the cloaking use case of metamaterials?

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #405 of 6,001
Tbh, its kind of annoying cause flashy = I have to explain and give demos to coworkers who I then lie about cost to. Not a single person asked a single question about diana v2
Just tell them what everyone else is saying here “ They’re just gaming headphones”. The issue is self-resolving.

And then Covid is your buddy here, tell them keep their germ-ridden paws off lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back