Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #421 of 6,033
as it seems the Stealth may improve all of these while reducing in cup resonance and improving SS…. Definitely a winner but I guarantee you gamers won’t buy this price point just for gaming. Even I would stick with my CX if I wasn’t free falling down the on ear audiophile rabbit hole.
Worth looking into "gamer" age groups. I have friends that do play games and use 20k setups (10k of which is audio equipment). But if you mean younger folks, then yes, 4k is a lot for a gaming headphone.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #422 of 6,033
Time to buy her a real car like Audi RS... than she will have better associations.

Audi RSs are the gaming chairs of cars

Good thing they don't care enough to fire up the Google machine.. not exactly hard to find pricing for "Abyss headphones" lol.. or for any of these non-mass market headphones, really.

Several probabaly know and are just smart enough to shut up about it so we don't have to have an awkward conversation. Just like how I've never asked our newest engineer 1 how he afforded a FF he tells everyone was 55k when they ask 🤷‍♀️

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #424 of 6,033
Worth looking into "gamer" age groups. I have friends that do play games and use 20k setups (10k of which is audio equipment). But if you mean younger folks, then yes, 4k is a lot for a gaming headphone.
I'm one of those desceibed gamers... good to know that this isn't thaaaat uncommon

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #425 of 6,033
Image from iOS (10).jpg

Stealth demo just arrived at the office! The leather box is gorgeous and a nice step up on the packaging.

Right out of the box these are definitely contenders for the comfiest closed-back flagship.

@Resolve should have first impressions up tomorrow hopefully!
I would LOVE not to have to buy ZMF lamb skins day one and have that feel out of box!

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #426 of 6,033
That seals already been broken. People now know any new HP on my desk = something fancy. They just think they cap out at $600....
Haha, I know that issue. My former manager will never stop being amazed by that $500 silver headphone cable (for my EFC and soon Stealth, so it's on topic!).

I mean, they look normal and non-descript on someone's head. They stand out no more than a hyper X a bunch of coworkers use for calls. Any antenna headband stuff = comments. Wood = demos. Raals may mean I dont get to work for 2 days while people demo.....
For me it's primarily the off center pattern on the side that looks poorly done. And the ugly color of the coffee version.
But yeah, the Raals are certainly more attention grabbing. Why is there a tie fighter on your head?

hahaha... yes, it really kind of does... it is a strange choice for "stealth" branding, that's for sure.. nothing subtle about it :smirk:
Luckily the bottom stitching should rarely be visible (it would be either on my head or on a stand) and the top part is subtle enough. And as Dan mentioned not as bright hot red as the pictures suggest.

DCA wouldn't be actively charging the customer anything. They would simply not be giving as much (or any) credit back for the returned headphone. If someone buys a $700 headphone in order to save $600 on a Stealth, upon returning the $700 cans, they'd be credited $100. If they buy $500 cans, then DCA could theoretically be out $100, but it seems unlikely the customer would (potentially) sever their relationship with DCA over that amount of money.
Good point, didn't think of that. Might get difficult managing those contingencies in the backend, but it's an option.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #427 of 6,033
I see people are still trying to figure out loopholes. Don't. If you return a headphone you're not in the club. And we check the dealer receipts that the dealer didn't get a return.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #428 of 6,033
Image from iOS (10).jpg

Stealth demo just arrived at the office! The leather box is gorgeous and a nice step up on the packaging.

Right out of the box these are definitely contenders for the comfiest closed-back flagship.

@Resolve should have first impressions up tomorrow hopefully!
Yaron, how is the clamp on these? Anything like the Ether 2???? Those were a little tight on my head.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #429 of 6,033
Ford Fiesta?
Screw the fiesta. There us a dude near me with a mint festiva. He brings it to car shows and deliberately parks between the most expensive cars he can find and is an utter legend. Takes it to my gokd course too.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #430 of 6,033
as a former Aeon Flow owner...I wonder if DCS may slot another headphone between the Ethers and Stealth...hmmmmm.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #431 of 6,033
This headband is terrible.
I just think, "SR-71 with red walkway stripes." Then I can live with it.
gettyimages-513687579-594x594.jpg

Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #433 of 6,033
Yaron, how is the clamp on these? Anything like the Ether 2???? Those were a little tight on my head.
Clamp on my head is fine but I have a somewhat narrow head. I know clamp on Resolve's head is a little tighter. Probably slightly less clamp pressure than A2C. Ether 2 was pretty clampy so I'd say it has less strong clamp pressure compared to AEON 2. If you have a bigger melon though, you're still going to feel clamp.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 23, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #434 of 6,033
Clamp on my head is fine but I have a somewhat narrow head. I know clamp on Resolve's head is a little tighter. Probably slightly less clamp pressure than A2C. Ether 2 was pretty clampy so I'd say it has less strong clamp pressure compared to AEON 2. If you have a bigger melon though, you're still going to feel clamp.
Hmmm... thanks for the info. It would really suck to buy them and they won't fit right. Lol.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #435 of 6,033
If you could, could you post a picture of an Aeon 2 beside the Stealth? I'm curious about the size difference. Thanks!
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back