Nov 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,569 of 6,033
Diablo sounds with the Stealth to my ears unclean/uneasy

NOMAX

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #2,573 of 6,033
I prefer this Dac/Amp over my TT2 👍

9D7D70D5-F2BB-4F9B-A083-69EE2E92243E.jpeg

NOMAX

Interesting, owned and love CMA 12 Master as well for around 2 years, but then I moved on and get TT2.

For very smooth sounding headphone, questyle is nice, bite treble and bass impact are so lively. Still lack of refinement and effortless feel compare to more expensive product like TT2 though.

CMA 15 supposed to be already released too! (haven't heard them though)

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #2,574 of 6,033
Done. Rendering and will upload shortly.
It's a pretty basic test, I used a loud rock track for a "worst case" scenario.
Personally stealth passes in my opinion.
I did notice sound leakage via the ports but it really is minimal. If you put your ear up to them at highet volumes with the pads compressed together lightly, you will get more leakage through the sidewall of the pads than through the ports. The ports appear to me to exhaust and intake air, mainly push/pull from movement of the driver from bass and very little noise actually eminates from them.

Sidenote the tests are 50-100% volume single ended from magnius/modius and are what I would consider at or exceeding maximum safe listening volumes, and approach or exceed volumes the drivers will distort at.
Even brief listening at max volume will make your ears ring after a few minutes and gave me a headache.
I normally listen at a higher volume, around 50%
Does anyone drive the Stealth directly from the CHORD HUGO2? Impressions?

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #2,575 of 6,033
Interesting, owned and love CMA 12 Master as well for around 2 years, but then I moved on and get TT2.

For very smooth sounding headphone, questyle is nice, bite treble and bass impact are so lively. Still lack of refinement and effortless feel compare to more expensive product like TT2 though.

CMA 15 supposed to be already released too! (haven't heard them though)

I think the Stealth benefits more from the Amp section from Master 12 as the from Dac Section from TT2 😉

NOMAX

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,576 of 6,033
I think the Stealth benefits more from the Amp section from Master 12 as the from Dac Section from TT2 😉

NOMAX
TT2 doesn’t have a “dac section” (I think this will be the last time I post about this). The I/V conversion that creates the analog signal has all the amplification built into that conversion, without any additional components for amping, so it cannot be bypassed and there is not other “sound” of the TT2 that can be obtained other than with its amplification (digitally volume controlled), whether in amp or dac mode, low or high gain, front our rear outputs.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #2,577 of 6,033
To my ears it looks that the TT2 in high gain is not on the same level as the Amp Section from Master 2 when a lot of power is required

NOMAX

Ps.the contrary.....when i use my Utopia i prefer the TT2

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #2,578 of 6,033
To my ears it looks that the TT2 in high gain is not on the same level as the Amp Section from Master 2 when a lot of power is required

NOMAX

Ps.the contrary.....when i use my Utopia i prefer the TT2
Fair enough. My point is only that TT2 alone should provide the maximum transparency you can get in a chain. Then you have to trust Rob Watts’ dac implementation and tuning. You may prefer something else. I don’t have Stealth, but find TT2 to be enough for even HE-6 out the front, maybe marginally better out the rear XLR wired balanced.

Nov 25, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2,579 of 6,033
Who knows...perhabs that is the reason that Stealth benefits more from the front balanced of the master 12

NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back