Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Apr 1, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #1,652 of 1,907
Was also wondering if the Mojo 2 would be a significant improvement to the RU7s balanced 4.4 output for the E3… seems like no one knows 🙉

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #1,653 of 1,907
Was also wondering if the Mojo 2 would be a significant improvement to the RU7s balanced 4.4 output for the E3… seems like no one knows 🙉

The simple question is—is it really that good as a portable solution?

I‘d mostly use it still indoors (=in other rooms than my listening room with the desktop amps) with an older phone as a player. Kinda like a cheaper version of a DAP. I don't want to spend another four figures for one of the rare flagship DAPs that are able to drive the E3 adequately.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #1,654 of 1,907
Definitely , RU7 just gets you on floor 1 of the sound building..
An amp in front of RU7 would extend that lovely tonality of RU7's 1-bit DSD veneer as an alternate to Mojo2.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,659 of 1,907

I‘d mostly use it still indoors (=in other rooms than my listening room with the desktop amps) with an older phone as a player. Kinda like a cheaper version of a DAP. I don't want to spend another four figures for one of the rare flagship DAPs that are able to drive the E3 adequately.
IMO, Mojo2 is a great portable solution for E3. Plenty f power, dynamics and DSP, if you need it.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #1,661 of 1,907
Curious if any E3 users have also spent time with the Senn 660 S2? Reason I'm asking: just spent time on chat with an acquaintance who owns the 660 S2. He said he had an E3 in his possession for a few days recently and found the 660 S2 to present as bassier. This kind of surprised me.

I know...apples to oranges; dynamic vs. planar; open vs. closed; totally different price brackets. I'm just trying to triangulate here.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #1,662 of 1,907

If you mostly use it indoors, and sound is your top priority, I will opt out the portable solution temporarily. To my ears, mojo 2 is the best portable solution. However, sound still a little far from home setup. Home setup sounds more open, detailed and engaging than mojo 2. Once you hear it, there is almost no way back. I am still waiting a good DAP for E3. To drive E3 to its best, I think it will most likely be 4 figures.

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #1,663 of 1,907
If you mostly use it indoors, and sound is your top priority, I will opt out the portable solution temporarily. To my ears, mojo 2 is the best portable solution. However, sound still a little far from home setup. Home setup sounds more open, detailed and engaging than mojo 2. Once you hear it, there is almost no way back. I am still waiting a good DAP for E3. To drive E3 to its best, I think it will most likely be 4 figures.

Well, I think I will at least wait a while before getting a Mojo 2. If at all. In the meantime, the E3 can get accustomed to my home amps, and getting a cable for my Corda Classic will take some time anyway. All that will be time enough to think about getting a Mojo 2 (or not.)

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,664 of 1,907
Definitely , RU7 just gets you on floor 1 of the sound building..
An amp in front of RU7 would extend that lovely tonality of RU7's 1-bit DSD veneer as an alternate to Mojo2.
But would that be reasonable/doable from an iPad? (Sorry if that’s a weird question)

I was coming from the same angle as @Toddy - when I’m using the E3 in another room or on vacation, so that „portable“ only means easy to get there, but then stays in place while listening.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #1,665 of 1,907
But would that be reasonable/doable from an iPad? (Sorry if that’s a weird question)

I was coming from the same angle as @Toddy - when I’m using the E3 in another room or on vacation, so that „portable“ only means easy to get there, but then stays in place while listening.
Get a recommended DAP that avoids using DAC Amp IPhone iPad. Much more practical in this situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back