Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Dec 18, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #347 of 1,938
I noticed on the DCA E3 page is a photo showing them paired with an McIntosh MHA200, which is 500mW. Will the MHA200 drive the E3 properly?
It's on the low side for sure. If you don't listen above 95dB it's OK.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 18, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #348 of 1,938
Dec 18, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #349 of 1,938
Sounds as if you made the E3 just for this album.
There's some real magic to it despite it's age, especially the way drums and cymbals are captured... The remastering work was especially well done.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 19, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #350 of 1,938
Now closed back Baby HE1 in terms of tonality 🤣👍🤣👍🤣👍
(to reduce -2db would already be too much)
In my opinion, this one db at 90hz with Q 0.9 on the RME Pro/Se makes the bass/low end even faster, more compact,more punchier and more precise👍👍👍👍👍
But that's just my personal opinion 😎

IMG_9391.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #351 of 1,938
In my opinion, this one db at 90hz with Q 0.9 on the RME Pro/Se makes the bass/low end even faster, more compact,more punchier and more precise👍👍👍👍👍

IMG_9391.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol
Makes me curious how it would compare to my HE90.

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #352 of 1,938

NOMAX

PS.lol
Geez. Are you trying to get some chocolate gift boxes from Dan? You are pumping E3 pretty hard there my friend - could be well deserved.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #353 of 1,938
Makes me curious how it would compare to my HE90.

I think you would have to lower a lot more to get closer to the HE90 that I had many years ago 😎

NOMAX

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #354 of 1,938
Geez. Are you trying to get some chocolate gift boxes from Dan? You are pumping E3 pretty hard there my friend - could be well deserved.

It tastes excellent....yes, there is nothing better than handmade Mozartkugeln from Austria 😉👍
(The last one should be finished around midday 🙈)

IMG_9394.jpeg

Dan knows exactly what I like and what I don't like 🤪

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #355 of 1,938
It tastes excellent....yes, there is nothing better than handmade Mozartkugeln from Austria 😉👍
(The last one should be finished around midday 🙈)

IMG_9394.jpeg

Dan knows exactly what I like and what I don't like 🤪

NOMAX

PS.lol
Don’t tell me you started with that box just today…

Dec 19, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #356 of 1,938
Don’t tell me you started with that box just today…

No yesterday at 10 pm 🤣🙈

NOMAX

PS.If the tonal performance is very good enough and leaves almost nothing to be desire then something sweet should not be missing when i listen to my tracks 😎
And Austria is known for its sweets and desserts 😉

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #357 of 1,938
It's really amazing how close the E3 comes to my HE1, there's not much more missing to it anyway
(I just turned on my marble stone for comparison)
I think of one db less, certainly not more on the left side,( where exactly is difficult to determine even to my ears...70hz-150 hz? ) then you have a kind
of closed baby HE1 from the tonal performance (not technical..this is a other story)
Sennheiser wouldn't be able to do any better, especially not in a closed model....and certainly not for 2000 USD🤣 (or 2500 Euros)

NOMAX

PS.When I think back on it,the HD820 was a complete disaster for over 2000 euros🙈
Sorry for my strict words, but it just has to be said 😈

You will sell now HE1 for the half price :beerchug: :upside_down::smiley::upside_down::runner:

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #358 of 1,938
All the preaching doesn't help...people just have to learn to compare one model with the other side by side😎...only then will they realize the true differences 😉

Nomax

PS.And if I'm not 100% sure, I go somewhere where I can get certainty with my ears 🙈

IMG_9133.jpeg
Where is this shop??

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #359 of 1,938
You will sell now HE1 for the half price :beerchug: :upside_down::smiley::upside_down::runner:

Tonality is one thing....technicality is quite another 😎

NOMAX

PS.So it will be many, many years before it even comes close 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back