D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Jan 24, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #136 of 562
HA! I use to live in Kahaluu :wink:... I now live in Kaneohe. This is the older 1Plus2 and the new model is a lot better. Still this unit gave me months and months of pleasure. I find it better than the AKG3003 and Fit Ear 334 hands down...

@ dmarc, nice review. Glad you enjoyed them :).

Yup, they're pretty good. Probably the second best IEM I have heard under the newer version.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #137 of 562
Thanks lee! I'm also curious about the flat 4 sui. I'll read more about them...

I heard AnakChan's when he was in Perth in December last year, not my cup of coffee for sure, extremely delicate and detailed for sure, but doesn't have any 'weight' whatsoever, think R-50 but in a more detailed and transparent version.

I think H20Fidelity had a longer exposure to this sometimes last year if I am not mistaken?

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #140 of 562
What's the best you ever heard mate? RDB Mini?

It would be something like:

Revised 1plus2.
Old 1plus2 / RDB Mini (about even)
Rhapsodio RDB v1

The reason I put the two together is because the RDB Mini is kind of unquie, it sounds to me like a highly strung B2 or R-50, with impressive transparency, but it's dynamic driver is a little lacking. That's where the old 1plus2 comes in as it's a good all rounder. They're very close fighters. Lin and a few others have heard this RDB unit.

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #142 of 562
  The RDB mini is awesome! Should have bought it for $400 when I could. 

I have an original version Tralucent pure silver cable coming for the RDB Mini. 
biggrin.gif
 I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse.

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #143 of 562

Revised 1plus2.
Rhapsodio RDB v1

The reason I put the two together is because the RDB Mini is kind of unquie, it sounds to me like a highly strung B2 or R-50, with impressive transparency, but it's dynamic driver is a little lacking. That's where the old 1plus2 comes in as it's a good all rounder. They're very close fighters. Lin and a few others have heard this RDB unit.

Well...B2 is too bass light for me, and I didn't like R-50, as its sound has absolutely no weight to my ears, even though it is incredibly clear and detailed, so does that mean I won't like RDB mini then? Is it triple hybrid or dual hybrid?

I'm not sure if AnakChan's 1P2 that I heard last year was the old version or new version, I didn't pay too much attention to it because he had a massive thick and heavy cable on it and he said to me to keep it as straight as possible, so yeah I was kinda scared hahaha...and beside I've just heard his TG!334 which I was absolutely mesmerized by...

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #144 of 562
Well...B2 is too bass light for me, and I didn't like R-50, as its sound has absolutely no weight to my ears, even though it is incredibly clear and detailed, so does that mean I won't like RDB mini then? Is it triple hybrid or dual hybrid?

I'm not sure if AnakChan's 1P2 that I heard last year was the old version or new version, I didn't pay too much attention to it because he had a massive thick and heavy cable on it and he said to me to keep it as straight as possible, so yeah I was kinda scared hahaha...and beside I've just heard his TG!334 which I was absolutely mesmerized by...

3 Way Hybrid.

Yes, I don't think you'd like RDB Mini then, it's very rich, thin, and lean. Like a potent dose of clarity or high reving car. Like its on edge all the time and if you mistreat her she'll step out of line. It's the colour, detail, clarity and transparency that absorbs you, not bass or thick note weight. I guess you could say it's overly analytical.

That big huge cable you mentioned Anakchan having is most likely the same version I have coming.

I'm listening to the old 1plus2 right now actually. But this will be my last post here for now, as I feel we're derailing Marks thread :-/

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #145 of 562
I heard AnakChan's when he was in Perth in December last year, not my cup of coffee for sure, extremely delicate and detailed for sure, but doesn't have any 'weight' whatsoever, think R-50 but in a more detailed and transparent version.

I think H20Fidelity had a longer exposure to this sometimes last year if I am not mistaken?

Yes, I've read a few impressions in other threads and it's sound signature doesn't seem to be my preference. I'll just have to concentrate on the Noble 4 and Nuforce Primo 8.

Revised 1plus2.
Rhapsodio RDB v1

Mate, how would you compare the RDB mini vs the heir 4.A1? Are they at least similar in signature?

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #146 of 562
Haven't heard 4.Ai, they might hold a similar signature however I think it's safe to assume the Rhapsodio is superior, well I sure hope so. Last I heard RDB Mini went up in price to about $750? It was $650 once upon a time. That figure Lin was throwing around a few posts up I'm guessing was some kind of heavy reviewer discount or 'special deal'

They're still work in progressing thier new website, but any orders can be placed through Chester who can be found in the Rhapsodio thread.

http://rhapsodio.com/earphones/

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #147 of 562

Hmm when you mention the IEM not having any weight that makes me wonder? The bass does add quite a bit of weight to the sound for me. The treble is on the thinner side though. They require some good power though to get the bass thumping :).

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #148 of 562
3 Way Hybrid.

Yes, I don't think you'd like RDB Mini then, it's very rich, thin, and lean. Like a potent dose of clarity or high reving car. Like its on edge all the time and if you mistreat her she'll step out of line. It's the colour, detail, clarity and transparency that absorbs you, not bass or thick note weight. I guess you could say it's overly analytical.

That big huge cable you mentioned Anakchan having is most likely the same version I have coming.

I'm listening to the old 1plus2 right now actually. But this will be my last post here for now, as I feel we're derailing Marks thread :-/

Quote:

lol you might have been listening to his 1Plus2 with uber cable if he mentioned keeping that cable straight because it can break if you bend it too much. With the old silver and gold cables you would have no such issues with breaking them... It sounds like you really enjoyed the 334. A very intimate and thick sound.

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #149 of 562

lol you might have been listening to his 1Plus2 with uber cable if he mentioned keeping that cable straight because it can break if you bend it too much. With the old silver and gold cables you would have no such issues with breaking them... It sounds like you really enjoyed the 334. A very intimate and thick sound.

He was, and he knows that but what djvkool is saying is that he's not certain if mine is the new or old version. My 1Plus2 is from June '13 so I'd say it's the current/"new" one. I'm guessing when members here refer to "old" it's the one from Aug->Nov '12? That's my 3rd Uber which is why I'm kinda ultra paranoid about it.

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #150 of 562

He was, and he knows that but what djvkool is saying is that he's not certain if mine is the new or old version. My 1Plus2 is from June '13 so I'd say it's the current/"new" one. I'm guessing when members here refer to "old" it's the one from Aug->Nov '12? That's my 3rd Uber which is why I'm kinda ultra paranoid about it.

Can't wait until you are back in Perth again Sean, this time I will bring my own cable and I'd love to have another go at your 1P2
wink_face.gif
, as most people said that 1P2 is the best sounding universal hybrid

Oh I did indeed, big thanks to AnakChan for bringing that along with him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back