D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #166 of 562
  Still the old unit is in my top 5. It was hard to believe things could have improved upon as is at the time.... I was quite skeptical regarding the new unit and it took me a couple days to get accustomed to it (also the burn in played a big roll in that).

Lee had so much passion for the original unit he couldn't bring himself to be separated. Though the power of sound quality persuaded him eventually.  As Lee would know my passion for the older unit is also growing strong, especially since putting some hours on the cable (which was brand new)

His precious.

It's like the ring from Lord of the Rings....

Thanks mate! Considering how much I enjoyed the original version, I could only imagine how much MORE it'll be with the revised 1Plus2!

I really wish you were on last years tour, we could of settled your curiosity. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #167 of 562

I'd say you'd have to prepare at least a $2.2K budget for this (or talk to spkrs01 for more specific pricing). The Uber cable alone is RRP at $1300 last I read. It's crazy amount but I've started to compare it to say high end speaker cables in terms of scale i.e. you can get $50 -> $20K speaker cables. This Uber cable isn't just used for IEMs, there's a power cable that uses the same technology. I'm kinda thinking of speaker tech brought to headphone/earphone world.

Thanks AnakChan. Here's to hoping I make a crapload of money some day! 

I'm pretty sure that if I had the 1p2+uber, I would, like you, also be paranoid about using them and breaking them lol!

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #169 of 562
Just come and visit me Wayne.
wink.gif

Well, visiting you does happen to be on my bucket list. But, I think it would be safer for me that it happens after I make that crapload of money lol!
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #170 of 562
UPDATE: HAVI B3 has arrived!

I was so excited and immediately opened the box and had a listen...

This is a very well packaged product. The build is really nice for a $50 iem although I'm not quite a fan of the flat cable.
As for the sound... I'm very disappointed! 
frown.gif

This is NOT the Pro version that @bhazard has described. The bass is overly boosted and bloated, more than the Sony Ericsson MH1. The lower mids is a bit recessed but sounds a worse than it actually is because it's being drowned by the bass bloat/bleed. What surprises me is how linear it is from upper mids to highs; smooth treble and well extended, even better than the Sony! If you have a Sony MH1/MH1c, turn on your bass boost and that's almost exactly how the HAVI B3 sounds.

Because of this unfortunate outcome, I'm not going to include the B3 in my review. I'm going to either ask for a refund or maybe order the Astrotec AX35 as a replacement. Too bad Chinese New year is going to delay this process.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #171 of 562
  UPDATE: HAVI B3 has arrived!

I was so excited and immediately opened the box and had a listen...

This is a very well packaged product. The build is really nice for a $50 iem although I'm not quite a fan of the flat cable.
As for the sound... I'm very disappointed! 
frown.gif

This is NOT the Pro version that @bhazard has described. The bass is overly boosted and bloated, more than the Sony Ericsson MH1. The lower mids is a bit recessed but sounds a worse than it actually is because it's being drowned by the bass bloat/bleed. What surprises me is how linear it is from upper mids to highs; smooth treble and well extended, even better than the Sony! If you have a Sony MH1/MH1c, turn on your bass boost and that's almost exactly how the HAVI B3 sounds.

Because of this unfortunate outcome, I'm not going to include the B3 in my review. I'm going to either ask for a refund or maybe order the Astrotec AX35 as a replacement. Too bad Chinese New year is going to delay this process.

That's a real shame mate, I have been reading about how good the 'PRO' version is, then I think from a few weeks ago the pro version was discontinued, so maybe you got the enhanced version

Would be keen to read your review about AX-35...

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #172 of 562

That's a real shame mate, I have been reading about how good the 'PRO' version is, then I think from a few weeks ago the pro version was discontinued, so maybe you got the enhanced version

Would be keen to read your review about AX-35...

It's such a shame because I can imagine what bhazard was talking about. Just out of curiosity, I EQed down the bass and mid bass hump and voila! It actually sounded really good. Wide soundstage, great imaging and plenty of detail! Really... so disappointed that HAVI decided to retune the B3's.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #174 of 562
I'm determined to have this replaced with the AX35. I just hope they'd reply soon despite the Chinese New Year's celebration.

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #176 of 562
UPDATE: I'm still in the process of getting the Havi B3 either replaced or exchanged with the Astrotec AX35. Just waiting for the seller's final decision... kinda delayed most likely because of Chinese New year.

In other news, I've been listening to Brainwavz R3 as part of the Dual Dynamic Review and Comparison with the KEF M200. I gotta say... this is surprisingly AWESOME! 
eek.gif
 I can probably say that this has got to be up there with the best I've heard when it comes to PRAT! Reminds me so much of my enjoyment with the 1Plus2 original version. Yes folks, it's no typo! Pace, Rhythm, and Timing is just as enjoyable as the 1Plus2! I can't stop listening to the R3 because it's just so much fun. 

So expect the Dual Dynamic Comparison write-up very soon... this is quite an interesting match up! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #177 of 562
  UPDATE: I'm still in the process of getting the Havi B3 either replaced or exchanged with the Astrotec AX35. Just waiting for the seller's final decision... kinda delayed most likely because of Chinese New year.

In other news, I've been listening to Brainwavz R3 as part of the Dual Dynamic Review and Comparison with the KEF M200. I gotta say... this is surprisingly AWESOME! 
eek.gif
 I can probably say that this has got to be up there with the best I've heard when it comes to PRAT! Reminds me so much of my enjoyment with the 1Plus2 original version. Yes folks, it's no typo! Pace, Rhythm, and Timing is just as enjoyable as the 1Plus2! I can't stop listening to the R3 because it's just so much fun. 

So expect the Dual Dynamic Comparison write-up very soon... this is quite an interesting match up! 
wink_face.gif

Well done - I can't even fit R3 to my ear, the memory wire is so fricken long that either hurts my ear, and keep hitting my shoulder and dislodge the IEM from my ear, no matter what I try, I can never fit them in

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #178 of 562
Well done - I can't even fit R3 to my ear, the memory wire is so fricken long that either hurts my ear, and keep hitting my shoulder and dislodge the IEM from my ear, no matter what I try, I can never fit them in

True, it took me some time to shape the memory wire along the contour of the back of my jaw. If only they have something like the rha ma750 did, then it could've been heaps better.

They sound really close to neutral to my ears and respond very well with the c5 bass boost. Very versatile sound I must say. If the song needs more bass emphasis, it's just a toggle away.

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #180 of 562
They sound really close to neutral to my ears and respond very well with the c5 bass boost. Very versatile sound I must say. If the song needs more bass emphasis, it's just a toggle away.

No complaints about the sound, they fit properly when I hold them in with both hands, and yes, I'd say it's the second best Brainwavz, trailing to B2 by a slight margin

+1. I had the same problem.

From the feedback around here, I think it's close to about 7 out of 10 people have the problem 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back