Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #77 of 482
seems like it... seems like the only real solution is using impedance adapters... i just wonder what kind of effects and to what degree they'll have on the sound... the theorem 720 just seems perfect in so many ways... sigh

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #78 of 482
Well you have to remember that every single output device will have noise, some more than others, and some horrendous. I have a Walkman A828 that has more hiss than the 720 or MKIII, and a lot of people swear by it even with sensitive earphones. Same with the MKIII and 720. Just as I said in my review, it exists but most people will just get on with their music. 

I used to be an absolute anti-hiss person, but then realised that every source has it. Even sources that don't hiss at all according to some people only need the right earphones and the right ears. Or… wrong I suppose. If you are worried, see if you can meet someone with the 720 or the MKIII, both of which have similar levels of hiss.

Again, I don't think it will really bother a most audiophiles. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #79 of 482
  does anyone have the ASG-2 that can try pairing it with the theorem 720? or could i pretty much assume there's a pretty obvious hiss?

I will be able to tell you about that pairing either this Sunday or Dec 8th as a buddy of mine has the asg-2 and hope to meet him at a couple of events. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #80 of 482
I will be able to tell you about that pairing either this Sunday or Dec 8th as a buddy of mine has the asg-2 and hope to meet him at a couple of events. 

Glad to hear it! I look forward to your impressions

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #81 of 482
just i got delivered today
beyersmile.png
, and do a comparison to my old hp-p1.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #84 of 482
I couldn't live without mine anymore. I use it on the go, in the office and sometimes at home as a full desktop DAC. It's brilliant. Sound is great of both amp and DAC and battery life is huge

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #86 of 482
My two best portable set up with Abyss 1266

Source : IPhone 4 S mod
Dac / Amp : Hi Fi M8 RSA version
Cyberlabs Theorem 720 dac
Cable : Lod to USB diy
Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1

SQ : these two are two beet dac amp for I device to drive my Abyss

Note : Abyss is herd to drive headphone planar , it is harder than my LCD 3 , the best set up if I use my desktop set up , desktop set up can make Abyss to the max their SQ

IMO

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #88 of 482
  f they fix the hiss with IEMs, I'd buy one. If, additionally, they released it in silver, I'd run down there and throw cash at them.
vrt

They are doing a world wide comp via FB on a copper one as we speak.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #89 of 482
I've said this before and I'll say it again...it does NOT hiss with my JH-16's when listening to ALAC files ant that's with the gain in the medium setting. Now of course on analogue recordings I hear tape hiss but that's supposed to be there but in between songs it is black.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #90 of 482
It really sounds like the hiss is pretty inconsistent and that its all in the luck of the draw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back