Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Sep 13, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #376 of 485
I tried to sell my Theorem 720 (twice) because I found it to be unwieldy. So I was happy using Hidizs AP100 DAP. Then I tried my PM-2 balanced with the Theorem. Wow! Then the PM-3. Wow again. To make the long story short, it is now again my daily commute companion. Who cares if the smartphone-Theorem 720 combo is unwieldy. That SQ on the go is special!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #379 of 485
  I tried to sell my Theorem 720 (twice) because I found it to be unwieldy. So I was happy using Hidizs AP100 DAP. Then I tried my PM-2 balanced with the Theorem. Wow! Then the PM-3. Wow again. To make the long story short, it is now again my daily commute companion. Who cares if the smartphone-Theorem 720 combo is unwieldy. That SQ on the go is special!

Which balanced cable did you get for PM-3? Thanks

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #380 of 485
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #383 of 485
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #386 of 485
Not sure what you are referring to. Can you explain in more detail??!

1) AK100mk2 > 2.2mm Sysconcept > Mojo >> IE800 : Best SQ
2) iPhone 6+ >> T720 (stock cable) > 3.5 custom cable >> ALOmk3B >> IE800: second best
3) iPhone 6+ > CCK+ stock >> Mojo >> IE800: third best (noise from CCK sometimes)
I have tried to use Mojo as DAC and Liquid Carbon as amp but the combo did sound good at all to me.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #387 of 485
I purchased a preowned Theorem from a HeadFier on this forum and was blown away with the sound from something portable and that size.

I was afraid of the HISS as described with IEMs but with the Westone W40 @ 29 ohms it is very slight and goes away when the music starts.

It has all the detail but still FUN sounding even on poor recordings; also very easy on the ears,when you use a HI res recording you want for nothing, it is all there.

It seems to use less processing power after you install the .exe vs other DACs that use just a driver.  I installed it on a old netbook that had a pop/click that would cycle every second or so with other USB dacs, that made it unlistenable , But with the Theorem and the install it is totally silent.

Any question asked was promptly answered by Cyper Labs.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #388 of 485
I choose theorem over the mojo

Reason :
- bass is better
- separation is a lot better

Mojo is better when you prefer to listen vocal more but I don't like the less separation and not having enough bass (listening cello sound). Also, it's too sharp for my ears

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #389 of 485
I choose theorem over the mojo

Reason :
- bass is better
- separation is a lot better

Mojo is better when you prefer to listen vocal more but I don't like the less separation and not having enough bass (listening cello sound). Also, it's too sharp for my ears

Mojo does have black background whereas T720 has certain level of hiss. To me Mojo sounds cleaner than T720. Every note of each instrument can be heard.
I addition when listening with hd600 on T720 I could not adjust the volume (it sounds like "plug and play" no need of volume). Whereas the adjusting volume with different colors on Mojo amazingly sounds superb.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #390 of 485
Mojo does have black background whereas T720 has certain level of hiss. To me Mojo sounds cleaner than T720. Every note of each instrument can be heard.
I addition when listening with hd600 on T720 I could not adjust the volume (it sounds like "plug and play" no need of volume). Whereas the adjusting volume with different colors on Mojo amazingly sounds superb.

Mojo does have black background whereas T720 has certain level of hiss -> agree

Every note of each instrument can be heard -> not agree. I can hear every note of each instrument clearly with Theorem. Also the sounds separation Theorem is way lot better than Mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back