Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Nov 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #151 of 482
I recently purchased 720cdemo from an authorized dealer and the package came with missing cables. I emailed both the dealer and cypher labs. David at cypher labs emailed me back right away asking for my shipping address. Free of charge and already shipping to me. That is superb service! I am very impress. And I cannot hear the noise with any of my full sized or portable headphones. Sounds great and lived up to the hype. Now let's hope it works with my Note 2.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #157 of 482
First impressions (my full review will come later). The Theorem 720 absolutely rips apart any poor recordings I have. All of my music is ALAC on my iPhone, but I'm starting to notice what's good and what's not good. The level of detail extraction and speed is something I've never heard that's this capable in a portable DAC/amp combo.

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #158 of 482
Putting up with the hiss I heard coming from the 720 while listening with the JH audio 13 pros was not worth it to me. So I returned the 720 and now use an amp with the 13 pros that has no noticeable hiss.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #159 of 482
First impressions (my full review will come later). The Theorem 720 absolutely rips apart any poor recordings I have. All of my music is ALAC on my iPhone, but I'm starting to notice what's good and what's not good. The level of detail extraction and speed is something I've never heard that's this capable in a portable DAC/amp combo.

Agreed, I would not want to use this amp with a really fast headphone, it's best when mated with a forgiving headphone or something maybe a little laid back or warm sounding. It sounds great with my Momentum, P7, HD600 and even HE-500, but is just too much with my Grado and HD800. I'd love to hear this with some LCD cans...

Dec 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #161 of 482
Where do you get your balanced XLR to RSA cable?  Most headphones come with the standard XLR.  I really don't want to spend 100 dollars on the cable.  Any decent place to get a cable for a good price?  

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #162 of 482
  Where do you get your balanced XLR to RSA cable?  Most headphones come with the standard XLR.  I really don't want to spend 100 dollars on the cable.  Any decent place to get a cable for a good price?  

Why not just use one of the Neutrik connectors?

http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/circular-adapters/

Maybe I misunderstood.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #163 of 482

Why not just use one of the Neutrik connectors?

http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/circular-adapters/

Maybe I misunderstood.

I need something like this.  http://d1p66qganyivs8.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x600/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/s/i/silver_dragon_iem_adapter_rsa_1.jpg

I didn't find any RSA adapter from your link.  

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #164 of 482
Oh ok, I read RCA
rolleyes.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #165 of 482
  Oh ok, I read RCA
rolleyes.gif

Right.  I figured that was the case.  Thanks anyways.
I am looking for 4-pin XLR balanced to RSA balanced.  Want to pick up an alpha dog and deciding if I should bother w/ the balanced but I can't even find the conversion cable.  

Moon audio has a mini XLR to RSA but I haven't seen a regular 4pin XLR to RSA.  

One positive thing about the Centrance H8 is it has all the options but I really like the battery life of the Theorem.  I don't mind the hiss so much but I am pretty annoyed by the imbalance of the volume control at high gain.  It is very obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back