1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cypher Labs Theorem 720

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by drsheep, Sep 3, 2013.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. sean76
    Hi there,

Looking for the 4 pin Balance to RSA.  Where did you get yours?

2. PolkManiac
    I'm in the same boat as you, so hopefully someone here will help us out.

3. sean76
    I mean I don't even mind paying but there isn't even one available.  I guess custom make one?

4. rudi0504

Hi Sean76
    I bought my RSA balance connector from mouser electronic on line store

Please write email to below email address :

Mouser@e.mouser.com

5. sean76
    So was it custom cable?  And how much?

Thanks for the info!

6. rudi0504

I bought from Mouser only RSA balance connector
    My diy friend made for me balance 4 pin to RSA
    I paid about 150 USD

If you live in USA , please ask moon audio or ALO or Norse Audio or whiplash Audio for the custom cable

7. Austin Morrow
    My review is up.

Thorem1.jpg

http://audioexcursions.com/files/cypher-labs-theorem-720-dac-review.html

8. Ultrainferno
    Shameless plug. lol [​IMG]

9. ksk75
    tmp_2014-01-0415.41.00287026452.jpg

we have a great time :)
    sorry for the bad quality)

10. fiascogarcia

Nice website, BTW, very professional.  I enjoy your reviews!

11. refault
    What's the size comparison (roughly) when compared to the Fostex HP-P1? Is the Theorem 720 somewhat "pocketable" like the HP-P1 is for quick, on-the-go uses? It looks a bit longer and slightly thicker than the HP-P1, but I'm just wondering if it would be small/compact enough to be able to somewhat comfortably fit in a pants (or jeans) pocket when connected/banded to an iPhone like the HP-P1 is.

If it isn't that much bigger than the HP-P1, hmm... I might have to think about maybe getting a new replacement for my Fostex for portable use. It seems very attractive due to the battery life, although I'm still sort of conflicted on whether or not I should save up for the Duet (and match it with my CLAS -dB due to less hiss with IEMs, still using the HP-P1 for portable use) or if the Theorem might be better for just a little more. Hm...

12. midnightwalker
    Both the HP-P1 and 720 never fit my Jean. The 720 is just a little bit thicker than the HP-P1 but the battery is double and it charges your iDevices. Battery life is the main reason I quit using the HP-P1 so soon. It is ridiculous when I have to spend 4 hours to charge but can only listen to it for 6-7 hours (ymmv). Both combo fit well in my jacket/hoodie pocket, but again not jean's :)

13. IceClass

One advantage of the HP-P1 over the 720 is that the Fostex can be recharged as you use it.
    I often take a small battery pack on a long journey just in case. If the battery fails, I can plug the battery pack into the USB DC In socket and keep listening.
    I like my Cypher labs equipment but AC chargers suck in a globalized mobile world.

14. WizardKnight
    I wonder how the Chord Hugo which is much more expensive will compare to the Theorem 720?

15. midnightwalker

Do you think 15 hours music for a day is not enough? If you have 15 hours to listen music a day, you must be too rich to work or you have nothing else to do. You can always charge it when you get home. But yes, I agree, it would be better if the 720 can be charged via USB port while functions as a USB DAC.

By the way, there are many reasons that made me part with the Fostex are:

- No USB DAC function, the DAC section can only use for iDevice
    - Easy to scratch top and bottom
    - Built-in amp is too weak

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last