Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Dec 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #166 of 476
To night i found another best portable Set Up , that really can drive My Abyss 1266 to excellent sound quality and have Power full to drive My Abyss 1266 and No distorsion , these Two best set Up are coming from Cypher Labs product

First set Up is :

Source : iPhone 4s mod
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo tactical design
Amp : ALO Rx 3 B

Second set Up is :

Source : iPhone 4s mod
Dac / Amp : Theorem 730 In This set Up as My dac
Amp : RSA The Intruder

These Two best set Up are runcing In Balance RSA
Abyss 3 Pin Balance > 3 Pin Female balance to male 4 balance > 4 Pin Balance To rsa going to My Intruder or Alo Rx 3 B

Overall : SQ are like desktop Amps With Powerful SQ wothout distorsion .
Until now these Two are My best set Up to drive Abyss 1266

IMO

Hi there,

Looking for the 4 pin Balance to RSA.  Where did you get yours?

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #167 of 476
  Right.  I figured that was the case.  Thanks anyways.
I am looking for 4-pin XLR balanced to RSA balanced.  Want to pick up an alpha dog and deciding if I should bother w/ the balanced but I can't even find the conversion cable.  

Moon audio has a mini XLR to RSA but I haven't seen a regular 4pin XLR to RSA.  

One positive thing about the Centrance H8 is it has all the options but I really like the battery life of the Theorem.  I don't mind the hiss so much but I am pretty annoyed by the imbalance of the volume control at high gain.  It is very obvious.

I'm in the same boat as you, so hopefully someone here will help us out.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #172 of 476
My review is up.

http://audioexcursions.com/files/cypher-labs-theorem-720-dac-review.html

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #173 of 476
Shameless plug. lol
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #175 of 476
  My review is up.

http://audioexcursions.com/files/cypher-labs-theorem-720-dac-review.html

Nice website, BTW, very professional.  I enjoy your reviews!

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #176 of 476
What's the size comparison (roughly) when compared to the Fostex HP-P1? Is the Theorem 720 somewhat "pocketable" like the HP-P1 is for quick, on-the-go uses? It looks a bit longer and slightly thicker than the HP-P1, but I'm just wondering if it would be small/compact enough to be able to somewhat comfortably fit in a pants (or jeans) pocket when connected/banded to an iPhone like the HP-P1 is.

If it isn't that much bigger than the HP-P1, hmm... I might have to think about maybe getting a new replacement for my Fostex for portable use. It seems very attractive due to the battery life, although I'm still sort of conflicted on whether or not I should save up for the Duet (and match it with my CLAS -dB due to less hiss with IEMs, still using the HP-P1 for portable use) or if the Theorem might be better for just a little more. Hm...

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #177 of 476
Both the HP-P1 and 720 never fit my Jean. The 720 is just a little bit thicker than the HP-P1 but the battery is double and it charges your iDevices. Battery life is the main reason I quit using the HP-P1 so soon. It is ridiculous when I have to spend 4 hours to charge but can only listen to it for 6-7 hours (ymmv). Both combo fit well in my jacket/hoodie pocket, but again not jean's :)

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #178 of 476
  Both the HP-P1 and 720 never fit my Jean. The 720 is just a little bit thicker than the HP-P1 but the battery is double and it charges your iDevices. Battery life is the main reason I quit using the HP-P1 so soon. It is ridiculous when I have to spend 4 hours to charge but can only listen to it for 6-7 hours (ymmv). Both combo fit well in my jacket/hoodie pocket, but again not jean's :)

One advantage of the HP-P1 over the 720 is that the Fostex can be recharged as you use it.
I often take a small battery pack on a long journey just in case. If the battery fails, I can plug the battery pack into the USB DC In socket and keep listening.
I like my Cypher labs equipment but AC chargers suck in a globalized mobile world.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #180 of 476
  One advantage of the HP-P1 over the 720 is that the Fostex can be recharged as you use it.
I often take a small battery pack on a long journey just in case. If the battery fails, I can plug the battery pack into the USB DC In socket and keep listening.
I like my Cypher labs equipment but AC chargers suck in a globalized mobile world.

Do you think 15 hours music for a day is not enough? If you have 15 hours to listen music a day, you must be too rich to work or you have nothing else to do. You can always charge it when you get home. But yes, I agree, it would be better if the 720 can be charged via USB port while functions as a USB DAC.

By the way, there are many reasons that made me part with the Fostex are:

- No USB DAC function, the DAC section can only use for iDevice
- Easy to scratch top and bottom
- Built-in amp is too weak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back