Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #1,426 of 1,789
The -dB has mini USB and not the standard USB - just to complicate the IC issue even more. Would love to use my 64gig iPhone 5 but its not easy

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #1,429 of 1,789
I read before the fix that some had an issue with the Pico Power pairing, a way back in this thread but i have had no problems with the current product.  Got an AK120 recently and the size is nice but when that is not a concern and i am listening to regular files(not 24bit) i still choose the brick with the iPod/Clas/Pico Power.  I still think it sounds more integrated and less edgy.  Don't get me wrong, the 120 is impressive and detailed/layered but........brick wins by a hair.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #1,431 of 1,789
I rarely post on Head Fi, but I had to applaud the excellent customer service at Cypher Labs. David responded immediately to my inquiry, fixed the issues I had with my early CLAS dB, and went beyond my expectations from start to finish.

Looking forward to their next products, truly an excellent company that goes out of its way to make things right.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,432 of 1,789
Quote:
The -dB has mini USB and not the standard USB - just to complicate the IC issue even more. Would love to use my 64gig iPhone 5 but its not easy

I buy a apple cable, and cut it to my lenth and buy a mini usb jack and solder my own.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,433 of 1,789
I rarely post on Head Fi, but I had to applaud the excellent customer service at Cypher Labs. David responded immediately to my inquiry, fixed the issues I had with my early CLAS dB, and went beyond my expectations from start to finish.

Looking forward to their next products, truly an excellent company that goes out of its way to make things right.

Thats David. Had issues with my R on the pico power. Sent the R to David and he sent me a brand new configured unit. Answers emails promptly and when he's at the office, picks up the phone. Cypherlabs, great products, great customer service.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,435 of 1,789
I thought the cypher labs -db sounded great! Until it started clipping at and losing channels at higher volume. Hard to explain but the sound coming out doesnt have that compress sound.:)
I was gonna keep the low voltage dac but decided to email David and he was cool guy!

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,436 of 1,789
I agree Dave is really cool . And the DAC kicks really well very detailed . I have one question how do you stop it from charging the iPhone 5 . Is there a way .

Thanks

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,438 of 1,789
Quote:
I like the charge feature. Just dont use it if you don't want it on...
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe the CLAS -dB always charges. There's no way to switch it to "not charge" but still use it as a DAC. Anyhow with it always charging isn't a big issue anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back